Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you be attending the Gaia Events at Gencon?

Yes I'll be attending the Gaia Events at Gencon 0.32307692307692 32.3% [ 42 ]
I might attend the Gaia Events at Gencon 0.35384615384615 35.4% [ 46 ]
I'm not able to attend but I want to vote for the gold 0.32307692307692 32.3% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5

Dedicated Conventioneer

iAtta
Luna Lily Bones
Ƚ ι

When you're caught in a lie
And you've got nothing to hide
When you've got nowhere to run

--------- >Wow, its only for an hour for 3 days for Gaia events? I live about 2 hours away and the same money to pay for gas, food, and then for two tickets for me I could pay for a bunch of Gaia Cash. To me that sounds like a rip off. Maybe, I'm wrong bc I haven't been there before so if someone wants to correct me, feel free.

And you've got nothing inside
It tears right through me
You thought that you knew me...

Yea I totally understand what you mean, I think they should either have it for like half a day or one full day or something, but an hour is barely anytime to do anything from what I hear.

If you're just going for Gaia and aren't willing to try anything new or any of the thousands upon thousands of other events and you don't like anything else gaming/ anime/ crafting related, I would skip it. lol
Luna Lily Bones
Ƚ ι

When you're caught in a lie
And you've got nothing to hide
When you've got nowhere to run

--------- >Wow, its only for an hour for 3 days for Gaia events? I live about 2 hours away and the same money to pay for gas, food, and then for two tickets for me I could pay for a bunch of Gaia Cash. To me that sounds like a rip off. Maybe, I'm wrong bc I haven't been there before so if someone wants to correct me, feel free.

And you've got nothing inside
It tears right through me
You thought that you knew me...

The Gaia events aren't terrible, there are little games and events we do with other users who show up. You have chances to win items that may or may not be available to purchase via gaia cash. You also get a redemption code to give you convention items here on gaia as well as an achievement if you enjoy the achievement system. If you are attending Gencon solely for the Gaia events, I'd advise against it. But there are TONS of things you can do (at gencon), at least check it out for a day.

Demonic Wolf

17,050 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
THE WHlTE QUEEN
Dancing.Iris
oGaga
Power of Alchemy
Luna Lily Bones
agreed, i would rather buy a s**t ton of gaia cash over going to gencon

..... Gencon is way more than just Gaia stuff. It has LARPS, True dungeon, Pannels booths, NON-STOP GAMING, Anime, a wonderfully HUGE dealers room, ART so MUCH ART, and more people then you've ever found yourself having something in common with your whole life, but in the same room. Not to mention the room parties, the glorious room parties.
I was going to Gencon before I knew Gaia was going to be there, this was just an added benefit.

I'll be there all four days with bells and whistles on (actually a kiki's delivery service costume, keep an eye out for me with my giant red bow! ^_^ ). Gencon is a full on gaming convention with everything in between and all kinds of nutty extras. They have everything from Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh to WOW and DDR. You can learn to make a pair of wings or craft a chain mail item. You can watch anime for hours. You can Demo games and get free promo items to your hearts desire. Thousands of events running 24 hours a day, it doesn't stop. Costume contests, parades, marquerade dances, anime showings, Special Guests, speed painting, game shows, zombie walks, competitions... just... EVERYTHING...and with amazing people!! I would go to GenCon every year even if gaia weren't there. It's worth it X 10 million.

So, it has more than just Gaia there. I thought it was just Gaia for an hour and that is a complete rip-off. I think I'll go next year. I didn't realize what it was. If there's a whole bunch more to do, then I wanna go at least for one day and see if I like it. So I'll prolly plan to go next year and take my friends just to see what its like.

Friendly Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Luna Lily Bones
THE WHlTE QUEEN
Dancing.Iris
oGaga
Power of Alchemy
Luna Lily Bones

..... Gencon is way more than just Gaia stuff. It has LARPS, True dungeon, Pannels booths, NON-STOP GAMING, Anime, a wonderfully HUGE dealers room, ART so MUCH ART, and more people then you've ever found yourself having something in common with your whole life, but in the same room. Not to mention the room parties, the glorious room parties.
I was going to Gencon before I knew Gaia was going to be there, this was just an added benefit.

I'll be there all four days with bells and whistles on (actually a kiki's delivery service costume, keep an eye out for me with my giant red bow! ^_^ ). Gencon is a full on gaming convention with everything in between and all kinds of nutty extras. They have everything from Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh to WOW and DDR. You can learn to make a pair of wings or craft a chain mail item. You can watch anime for hours. You can Demo games and get free promo items to your hearts desire. Thousands of events running 24 hours a day, it doesn't stop. Costume contests, parades, marquerade dances, anime showings, Special Guests, speed painting, game shows, zombie walks, competitions... just... EVERYTHING...and with amazing people!! I would go to GenCon every year even if gaia weren't there. It's worth it X 10 million.

So, it has more than just Gaia there. I thought it was just Gaia for an hour and that is a complete rip-off. I think I'll go next year. I didn't realize what it was. If there's a whole bunch more to do, then I wanna go at least for one day and see if I like it. So I'll prolly plan to go next year and take my friends just to see what its like.

T.T I just got home after being there since 8 am. I didn't want to leave but alas I needed food and I wasn't paying for a 4 buck slice of Pizza.

ANYWAY the point I'm trying to make is that you can't see it all in one day. Hell My husband and I didn't even make it through the massive dealers room, LET ALONE demo ALL the board and card games they have PLUS watch tones of anime, read countless Manga. Phew. I'm tired just thinking about it.

By the way, the Gaia game show panel was fun. He just kept giving away free crap. I already owe so much to Gaia and they keep giving me crap. I met my husband on here... lol

ALSO White queen. I saw you when you got a raffle prize. I'm jelly of the Kiki-ness. You were adorable. I was the girl in the Mario shirt paying with the flip frog contest. I totally need to play board games now though, I'm itching to beat my hubby in Resident evil >D

Friendly Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Yukinari Ouka
crying mai work schedule... I wont be able to make it.... emo
-Hugs- We miss you though! I bought a Meta knight plushie, and you can hug him if you want. - Offers teh meta knight-

Dapper Dabbler

Haha, the Gaia game show was pretty fab this year... lots of free items and double entendres.
I saw you there as well, miss White Queen Kiki. Looking good! I was the chick with the blonde ponytail, a tie-dye orange/brown/green tank-top, and a complete lack of coordination as regards the physical challenges. sweatdrop

Anywho, I will be roaming around tomorrow and Saturday dressed as Fionna, from Adventure Time; if'n you feel like it, Gaians, come say hi! heart
I am really looking forward to the events tomorrow and Sunday! I always enjoy the meet-ups.. but I didn't bring my Gaia hats this year; I recently moved in with Jusue and they are hiding in a box somewhere. ninja

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

(I may or may not be in costume as Auron from FFX too)

Dedicated Conventioneer

Dancing.Iris
Luna Lily Bones
THE WHlTE QUEEN
Dancing.Iris
oGaga

T.T I just got home after being there since 8 am. I didn't want to leave but alas I needed food and I wasn't paying for a 4 buck slice of Pizza.

ANYWAY the point I'm trying to make is that you can't see it all in one day. Hell My husband and I didn't even make it through the massive dealers room, LET ALONE demo ALL the board and card games they have PLUS watch tones of anime, read countless Manga. Phew. I'm tired just thinking about it.

By the way, the Gaia game show panel was fun. He just kept giving away free crap. I already owe so much to Gaia and they keep giving me crap. I met my husband on here... lol

ALSO White queen. I saw you when you got a raffle prize. I'm jelly of the Kiki-ness. You were adorable. I was the girl in the Mario shirt paying with the flip frog contest. I totally need to play board games now though, I'm itching to beat my hubby in Resident evil >D

Ahhh!!! I totally remember you! That frog contest was very funny! I was Chii chobited today but I'll be Kiki-tied again tomorrow!! Lol

Dedicated Conventioneer

Jusue
Haha, the Gaia game show was pretty fab this year... lots of free items and double entendres.
I saw you there as well, miss White Queen Kiki. Looking good! I was the chick with the blonde ponytail, a tie-dye orange/brown/green tank-top, and a complete lack of coordination as regards the physical challenges. sweatdrop

Anywho, I will be roaming around tomorrow and Saturday dressed as Fionna, from Adventure Time; if'n you feel like it, Gaians, come say hi! heart

Ohmaigeee! I remember you too! I will be honest... I was sorta scared to try any challenges in my costume lol! Good job on being brave! ^_^

Friendly Phantom

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Jusue

I saw SOO many Fionnas T.T
It was good to see people today! I'm sad that we only had an hour though.. I hope to be at the event tomorrow as well.

If not, I hope that everyone had a wonderful time at Gencon!
Wow! I made it to the Gaia panel, but not the feedback social (I'm shy) sweatdrop or the game show (I work full time weekdays). Seeing as a surprising amount of Gaians seemingly around my age attended, I kinda wish I'd gone back for the social. redface

Who was the nice lady who sat next to my tall girl friend and I? It sounded like you were working a booth there, you were nice! 4laugh
iignore this one as well~
Where is the event being held
Good job Gaia and thank you Helsing! I was able to go to the first panel with all the games, which were so much fun. This was my 7th Gencon and 6th year going to your events. Keep up the good work!

I was Amu Hinamori at the first pannel

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces