Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you heading to the Birmingham Expo?

Yes 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No 0.69444444444444 69.4% [ 25 ]
Maybe 0.30555555555556 30.6% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[ Introduction ]

Welcome to the Un-Official Movie Comic Media (MCM) Expo Thread! Here I give you helpful information about the events, and it also give you a chance to see who else is going! I hope you all find this informative, as there are few Anime Events in England, and this one is the BIGGEST.

Straight from the Horse's Mouth
"Imagination meets reality. Experience a world like no other and you are at the MCM Expo.

The MCM Expo is not just another show but an event which is both interactive and fun.

Now considered in many areas to be the Largest gathering of Anime & Manga in the UK!

Bringing together the top Anime and Manga companies in the UK and a further a field, your chance to speak to the companies who bring the UK it's fix of great videos, books and more. Are you interested in Anime/Manga Cosplay? Then take part in the Anime/Manga Cosplay competitions each day with some Great prizes. Also in the 'Anime Village' area are displays, workshops, special guests, something for all Anime & Manga fans.
"

[ Updates ]

User Image

19/o1/2o13: 2o13 thread is launched

introduction | Announcements | Dates | Tickets | Guests | The List | G.G.T | photos | Travel | Weather | Pre-Expo | Social | TBA | London | Midlands | Birmingham | Manchester
[ Announcements ]

19/o1/13: Robots live are back at Midlands
Guests Announced so far :
Andrew Lee Potts
Hannah Spearritt
Jeremy Bulloch

23/o2/13: Large list of Birmingham guests added
Several London guests announced
Added Member Services

28/o3/13: Replaced the Pre-Expo Meet post with a Locality post

Introduction | Announcements | Dates | Tickets | Guests | The List | G.G.T | photos | Travel | Weather | Pre-Expo | Social | TBA |
[ MCM Expo Dates ]

The dates and locations for each MCM Expo in 2012.

February 16th 2013
Midlands MCM Expo
The International Centre Telford
St Quentin Gate
Telford
Shropshire
TF3 4JH

~#~

March 16th - 17th 2013
Spring Birmingham Memorabilia/Expo
Birmingham NEC

~#~

May 24th - 26th 2013
London MCM Expo
ExCeL
Royal Victoria Dock
London
E16 1XL
UK

~#~

July 20st 2012
Manchester Expo
Manchester Central

~#~

August 31st 2013
Scotland Memorabilia and Expo
The SECC

~#~

October 25th - 27th 2013
London MCM Expo
ExCeL
Royal Victoria Dock
London
E16 1XL
UK

~#~

November 23rd - 24th 2013
Spring Birmingham Memorabilia/Expo
Birmingham NEC

Introduction | Announcements | Dates | Tickets | Guests | The List | G.G.T | photos | Travel | Weather | Pre-Expo | Social | TBA |
[ Tickets and Prices ]

Please Note! These Prices are taken from the MCM Expo website.

To order your tickets Please go HERE! Tickets Upto May Are Now Available!

Midlands Expo

Early Entry: £9 Allows entry at 9.30 am (normal entry 11am) until 5pm.

Birmingham Memorabilia/Expo

Early entry per day: £16
Family early entry (2 adults + 3 children): £36
Entry times Saturday 9am, Sunday 10am.
Normal entry can only be purchased on the day.

May London Expo

Weekend early entry: £29
Normal tickets on the door: adults £10 and children £4
Early entry Friday 2pm, Saturday 9am and Sunday 10am. Normal entry Saturday and Sunday from 11am.

Manchester Expo

Scotland Memorabilia/Expo
October London Expo

Weekend early entry: £29
Normal tickets on the door: adults £10 and children £4
Early entry Friday 2pm, Saturday 9am and Sunday 10am. Normal entry Saturday and Sunday from 11am.

**PLEASE NOTE**

Normal tickets are only available at the door!
For May and October events only weekend ticket holders will be aloud in for the Friday event.
With all events children under 10 go free.

Introduction | Announcements | Dates | Tickets | Guests | The List | G.G.T | photos | Travel | Weather | Pre-Expo | Social | TBA | [
[ Star Guests ]

Please Note! These are the guests that will be appearing at all of the conventions. This list will be updated when we know the information, so it'll look pretty blank for a while! sweatdrop

Midlands Expo
Andrew Lee Potts Best known for Primeval
Hannah Spearritt Best known for Primeval and S Club 7
Jeremy Bulloch Best known for playing Bobba Fett in Star Wars

Gary Dourdan
Michael Beck
Samantha Fox
Adrian Hall
Jeremy Potts
Heather Ripley
Eileen Deitz
Maryam D'Abo
Lana Wood
Shirley Eaton
Honor Blackman
Charles Edghill
Chris Rankin
Judy Cornwell
Derren Nesbitt
Hugh Futcher
Terry Ackland-Snow
ALEC MILLS
DAVE BARTRAM
Jan Harvey
Jimmy Vee
Stephen
Shirley Jaffe
Anna Carteret
Greta Scacchi
Madeline Smith
Michael Troughton
COLIN BAKER
Nicola Bryant
Frazer Hines
Terry Molloy
Andrew Lee Potts
Hannah Spearritt
Alexander Vlahos
Eoin Macken
Rupert Young

London May Expo
Mark Meer best known for voicing Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect series
Raphael Sbarge best known for Once Apon A Time
Keegan Connor Tracy best known for Once Apon A Time
Jane Espenson best known for Once Apon A Time

Manchester Expo

London October Expo

Introduction | Announcements | Dates | Tickets | Guests | The List | G.G.T | photos | Travel | Weather | Pre-Expo | Social | TBA | london | midlands |Birmingham
[ The List ]

If any Gaian’s are going to any of the Expo’s, we will stick your name up here ^^ Plus! I will also have a Cosplay option, which basically means that if you are going to be in cosplay it’ll be next to your name, in [ square brackets. ] If you are undecided as of yet, or are going as different cosplays, on different days, just post it in your List Join PM 83

To join the list, just copy and paste this code into a PM. PLEASE pm this to me!

PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS IN THE TOPIC! Posts get absorbed and you won't be listed on this post. Please PM them to the MCM EXPO Mascot!

[ My Signup! ]

[b][color=orange]Name:[/color][/b]
[b][color=orange]Expo Dates:[/color][/b]
[b][color=orange]Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Both or All:[/color][/b]
[b][color=orange]Cosplaying as who and from what:[/color][/b]

[ Current Totals ]
Midlands o2/13________01
Birmingham o3/13______00
London o5/13__________01
Manchester o7/13_______00
Scotland o8/13_________00
London 1o/13__________00
Birmingham 11/13______00

Okay, here we go!

Midlands Expo

KaminariThunder - Zero(code geass)

~

May Expo
KaminariThunder - Zero(code geass)/Arriety(arriety)

~

~

Manchester Expo

~

~

London October Expo

~

[ Gaia Get Together ]

In a nut shell the Gaia Get Together give us Gaian's the chance to meet up, chill out, break bread and chat about anything from from whats going on, on Gaia to donkeys vs unicorns. Normally the meets are organised for the two London Expo's but if a few Gaians attend any of the other MCM shows listed we can organise a meet.

May's GGT Picnic

Time:
Place:

Meet Up Details
The May 2013 Expo get together will be a picnic style meet so, please if you can bring some food or drink to share with the group. Location and time details will be made available closer to the time. An email will be sent out to anyone who friends the mascot with the meet details that will also be up here too but the email will include my phone number for any other information.

October's GGT Lunch

Time:
Place:

Meet Up Details
The October 2013 Expo get together will be a Lunch Break style meet, meaning we will take a walk to local café where the food is good and cheap. An email will be sent out to anyone who friends the mascot with the meet details that will also be up here too but the email will include my phone number for any other information.

Please feel free to give your opinions on or request a Get Together!

Introduction | Announcements | Dates | Tickets | Guests | The List | G.G.T | photos | Travel | Weather | Pre-Expo | Social | TBA | ]
[ Photos ]

(and other media ;3)

Got photos from last year you want to show off? PM them to me, and I will add them up here. <3

I will also use this space for the group photo! Please check back soon!

[ Gaia Group Photo! ]

October 2009

Lion Rawr pic for Christmas by Sporeos

October 2010

[ Travel ]

Welcome to the first Travel topic, seeing as the London Expo is seeming to always have some sort of work done to lines that commute to the Excel center, so it was decided a travel section was needed to ensure that you're all aware of any changes or work that may be going on, on any of the lines that could disrupt your journey.

May 24th 2013 (Friday)

May 25th 2013 (Saturday)

May 26th 2013 (Sunday)

October 25th 2013(Friday)

October 26th 2013(Saturday)

October 27th 2013(Sunday)

[ Expected Weather ]

Forecast for the Midlands Expo

Forecast for Birmingham Memorabilia/Expo Saturday
Forecast for Birmingham Memorabilia/Expo Sunday

Forecast for the May Expo Friday
Forecast for the May Expo Saturday
Forecast for the May Expo Sunday

Forecast for the Manchester Expo

Forecast for Scotland Memorabilia/Expo

Forecast for the October Expo Friday
Forecast for the October Expo Saturday
Forecast for the October Expo Sunday

Forecast for Birmingham Memorabilia/Expo Saturday
Forecast for Birmingham Memorabilia/Expo Sunday

[ Locality ]

As we no longer hold Pre-Expo Meet's due to my real life constricts such as money and commitments I felt this space could be better used to offer information on local amenities, such as hotels, bars and shops.

[ Hotels ]

[ Bars/Restaurants/Café ]

Excel Café and Restaurant - This is a nice café/restaurant just down from the Custom House Hotel with pretty good food at a reasonable price. At this café I've had a few meals included a stacked full English with a cuppa for £5. From the main entrance, turn right and head down the roofed walkway (for lack of better term,) to the DLR. At the DLR turn right and follow the path round past the ticket booths and news stand, to a set of stairs that leads to Victoria Dock Road with Custom House opposite. From there turn left and follow the road around. Keep an eye out for a white sign on the wall that has blue writing that says "café open". Also down this street you will find a convenience store, a Chicken Royel, a green grocers, a butchers and a taxi office.

[ Shops ]

Tesco Express - There is a Tesco express that opened up in 2012. To get there from the main entrance of the Excel which is the West Entrance (I think), head straight forward past the Ibis and Novatel hotels down Western Gateway. Once you come to the Crown Plaza continue going forwards about 200/300 yards.

Introduction | Announcements | Dates | Tickets | Guests | The List | G.G.T | photos | Travel | Weather | Locality | Social | TBA |
[ Out of Gaia Social ]

Here you will find links to other members page/profiles. If you would like to add yours to this list email the details to the Mascot and I will add them here and other members will be able to find you out side of Gaia. PLEASE NOTE: Anyone who enters the thread will be able to see the links.

Facebook
KaminariThunder
Mr Compton

Twitter

Youtube
KaminariThunder

Goggle+

Yahoo

DeviantART
KaminariThunder

Cosplay Island
KaminariThunder

Others (Blogs & Stuff)

[ Member Services ]

Here in this space thread members can offer their services to other thread members. If you would like to offer up a service be it art/cosplay commissions, essay read or any other service, please PM me any thing you'd like to get up here.

[ Thunder's Budget Props ]
KaminariThunder is pretty good at making fairly good cosplay props on a budget. If you would like Thunder to undertake a prop build for you or advice on doing it yourself please pm him directly. You can find examples of his work at the below links.
Thunders DA
Thunders cosplayisland

Aaaand FINALLY the 2013 thread is open. Snowflake of Chaos apologises for the delay but her life has been hectic for awhile now and has asked me (KaminariThunder) to return to the mascot position. Anyway the thread is open now.
oh my god its so empty i dont even know
where i am
hello
may is soon??&gt;
well not really

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items