Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been to Anime Milwaukee this year (my very first con!) and it rocked! Now I'll have to oppertunity to go to Acen (thank you Acen for being on my birthday!)

I saw the map of the Exhibit Hall is a lot bigger. And there's more panels and stuff to do so I'm amazed but also paralyzed by options.

Anyone been to Acen before? Suggestions overall?

Versatile Hunter

8,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
Its pretty epic.
I'M GOING/ and i've heard that you should probably try to get there as early as possible to get your badge. heard the wait sucks even if you preorder your badge.

Timid Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I went to Acen a few years ago with a couple friends. DEFINITELY get there early for your badge. We had to wait in line for about four hours to get ours. It was getting so bad, we became close friends with the people around us in line =w= ...Aaaaand we drew graffiti on the floor ._.

But, after the long wait, the convention itself is pretty awesome. There's a lot to see and everyone was so nice. Vic Mignonga was there, too =w= It made Kaylyn happy XD I was next door at the J-Rock Power Hour lol. I met really cool people at that panel, too.

Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to make it a yearly thing. I'm in Missouri [which I'm only six hours away, but then again, I'm SIX HOURS AWAY]. If I lived closer, I would definitely go again, it was a lot of fun, and I would recommend it to anyone else who wants to ^^

Witty Ladykiller

9,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I have gone to ACEN for about 5 years now. Its pretty huge. And it can be a little confusing to navigate.
Here are some tips;

Bring water with you always.
The elevators are always crowded and take forever.
Get there early!

Timid Humorist

This year would be my fourth year. I'm so excited~

If you've been to a Con before, then you know the basics. Acen's a nicely sized con and I always have fun there. I have several friends I've made over the years that I keep seeing there. o 3ob
It's fabulous! smile

I agree with those saying to arrive early if you're picking up your badge, and definitely bring some water!

Maybe check out the forums before hand just to get a general idea of what's going on this year, since there's a ton of stuff!

Amorous Sex Symbol

12,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Its so great every year i get a plane from Florida where i live to Chicago just to go enjoy this awesome con! The dealers room is huges and there are lots of panels

Interesting Nerd

I've been going for years! There is so much to do. ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas