Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you be attending the Gaia Events at A Kon?

Yes I'll be attending the Gaia Events at A Kon 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 88 ]
I might attend the Gaia Events at A Kon 0.28365384615385 28.4% [ 59 ]
I'm not able to attend but I want to vote for the gold 0.29326923076923 29.3% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 208 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12 >

Hunter

13,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Uhm, I have a question. I feel really stupid for asking this ^ ^" But I have only been to one con before and that was Anime Matsuri which is very small. I've never been to one that has booked multiple hotels like this. So...where exaclty is the con happening? Is it in more than one hotel or is it all at just one of the hotels? If it's just one, which one?

Apocalyptic Deadeye

18,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Gabriela G
Uhm, I have a question. I feel really stupid for asking this ^ ^" But I have only been to one con before and that was Anime Matsuri which is very small. I've never been to one that has booked multiple hotels like this. So...where exaclty is the con happening? Is it in more than one hotel or is it all at just one of the hotels? If it's just one, which one?

More than one hotel.

Mainly the Sheraton is where the bulk of the convention is.
If you want to go to the gaming room, take the Skybridge.

And times for the GAIA panels just got released:

Gaia Game Show
Friday, June 1st, 4:30pm — 5:30pm
San Antonio
If you enjoy fun, games, contests and random awesomeness, come to the Gaia Game Show. We've got some cool surprises and fantastic prizes up our sleeve, so come prepared for a good time. All attendees are guaranteed to walk away with a prize!

Official Gaia Panel
Saturday, June 2nd, 2:30pm — 3:30pm
San Antonio
Come meet Gaia's staff, and get a sneak peek at upcoming features, games, and events. Stick around for the open-mic Q&A session and get your burning questions answered! Expect plenty of fun and some great prizes!

Looks like a downgrade from last year to two panels.
San Antonio room...unsure if they're merging or not.

Hunter

13,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Sifen Yamishi
Gabriela G

More than one hotel.

Mainly the Sheraton is where the bulk of the convention is.
If you want to go to the gaming room, take the Skybridge.

And times for the GAIA panels just got released:

Gaia Game Show
San Antonio
If you enjoy fun, games, contests and random awesomeness, come to the Gaia Game Show. We've got some cool surprises and fantastic prizes up our sleeve, so come prepared for a good time. All attendees are guaranteed to walk away with a prize!

Official Gaia Panel
San Antonio
Come meet Gaia's staff, and get a sneak peek at upcoming features, games, and events. Stick around for the open-mic Q&A session and get your burning questions answered! Expect plenty of fun and some great prizes!

Looks like a downgrade from last year to two panels.
San Antonio room...unsure if they're merging or not.

Ah. Ok, thank you very much~!
...............................................o.....um...... sweatdrop ...i what two now a lot a bout it i naver herd of it!

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I can't wait to go again this year!
I'll be cosplaying this time too, so I'll actually look like I belong!
heart

Feral Humorist

7,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
I am so excited because this will be my first anime con ever, and I will be cosplaying, and i'm so glad that Gaia will be there!!!

Apocalyptic Deadeye

18,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Rovanimi
I am so excited because this will be my first anime con ever, and I will be cosplaying, and i'm so glad that Gaia will be there!!!

If you want, I can teach you the ropes.
3nodding

Feral Humorist

7,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
Sifen Yamishi
Rovanimi

If you want, I can teach you the ropes.
3nodding

Oh, thank you, that would be very helpful! mrgreen

Apocalyptic Deadeye

18,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Rovanimi

Some tips I've picked up over the course of 5+ years in the DFW convention circuit:

1-Stay hydrated all the time! Luckily for you, there are water stations about the con. If you're thirsty, head for one and get replenished.

2-Don't assume that the hot female cosplayer is a girl. Gender bending is prevalent in the circuit. Girls can really be guys, guys can really be girls. Ask first before making assumptions.[I stress this strongly]

3-Keep your cell phone at all times in case your friends try to locate you.

4-Bring lots of cash. You'll need it to buy food, buy stuff in the Dealer's Room as well as various vendors and for your room share.

5-Wait until the last day to make your purchases. Sometimes, vendors are desperate to get rid of their merchandise and will lower prices just to do so. You might score a bargain if you're patient enough!

6-ARRIVE EARLY. Pre-reg is murder if you arrive in the midst of it. Show up at least 1-3 hours early and line up. Make sure to bring your ID and confirmation from the convention to show you made payment for the badge. If you didn't pre-reg, get ready to cough up big money for the badge.

Feral Humorist

7,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
Sifen Yamishi
Rovanimi

Some tips I've picked up over the course of 5+ years in the DFW convention circuit:

1-Stay hydrated all the time! Luckily for you, there are water stations about the con. If you're thirsty, head for one and get replenished.

2-Don't assume that the hot female cosplayer is a girl. Gender bending is prevalent in the circuit. Girls can really be guys, guys can really be girls. Ask first before making assumptions.[I stress this strongly]

4-Bring lots of cash. You'll need it to buy food, buy stuff in the Dealer's Room as well as various vendors and for your room share.

5-Wait until the last day to make your purchases. Sometimes, vendors are desperate to get rid of their merchandise and will lower prices just to do so. You might score a bargain if you're patient enough!

6-ARRIVE EARLY. Pre-reg is murder if you arrive in the midst of it. Show up at least 1-3 hours early and line up. Make sure to bring your ID and confirmation from the convention to show you made payment for the badge. If you didn't pre-reg, get ready to cough up big money for the badge.

Thank you so much! 2, 5, and 6 I didn't know and seem really helpful.... sweatdrop

Apocalyptic Deadeye

18,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Rovanimi

Thank you so much! 2, 5, and 6 I didn't know and seem really helpful.... sweatdrop

#2 is really important honestly.
And another tip I'll pass on to you:

Ask permission before taking photos.
Ask permission before glomping.

Make sure you read security rules for your props.

Get the schedule ASAP.

4,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Rovanimi
Sifen Yamishi
Rovanimi

Quote:
i agreed with Sifen Yamishi on all of it about A-Kon...
i went last year and it was fun but the main part about is the pre reg it took me to get mine pre-reg like 2 hours but it was fun too bc reading ppls writhing on the tape to the pre-reg... so yeah follow her rules they work...

Apocalyptic Deadeye

18,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conventioneer 300
The writing on the tape is cute as well.
And pre-reg is also where you can make some great friends.

Ezio, do address me as a guy.
PLEASE.
What days and time is the forum going to be this year cause last year was really hard to get to.

I love seeing all the Gaia players at A-Kon, it's an awesome way to make friends and see what everyone's doing smile

Apocalyptic Deadeye

18,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Sweet_Southern-gal
What days and time is the forum going to be this year cause last year was really hard to get to.

I love seeing all the Gaia players at A-Kon, it's an awesome way to make friends and see what everyone's doing smile

GAIA released their panel schedule on the site a few weeks ago. But I'd double-check with A-Kon's site to see if it's correct when they release it:

Gaia Game Show
San Antonio

Official Gaia Panel
San Antonio

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games