<3 </3

Gold...

...is awesome. 0.6039603960396 60.4% [ 61 ]
...is a necessary evil. 0.3960396039604 39.6% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 101 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Meeki
Kyaro
lol yes, mine too~ I just like to see the more senior staff get involved, because it seems like they're not really connected with the userbase much anymore, except maybe during AtA sad

I love events like this, and the other ones like the softball games, gaming with gaians, etc. I love that personal feel to it, that connection as you put it. It's something I had missed since my first couple years here and it seems to be coming back more lately and I hope it continues.
Me too! I just can't always sit in front of the computer to watch tons of videos. My computer is slow... and I guess I also just don't have the patience to watch all the way to the end of a video sweatdrop (sorry, ADD)

but yeah, this "personal feel" is definitely something that not many sites out there do, which is maybe why Gaia stands out so much. I've quit Gaia more times than I can count, but I still come back, although I have to admit, the sense of community here is different from when I first joined. The number of active users has probably dropped close to where it used to be, but the feeling is still different. Or maybe I've changed.

If this wasn't what kept you here before, what did? =D

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Kyaro
Me too! I just can't always sit in front of the computer to watch tons of videos. My computer is slow... and I guess I also just don't have the patience to watch all the way to the end of a video sweatdrop (sorry, ADD)

but yeah, this "personal feel" is definitely something that not many sites out there do, which is maybe why Gaia stands out so much. I've quit Gaia more times than I can count, but I still come back, although I have to admit, the sense of community here is different from when I first joined. The number of active users has probably dropped close to where it used to be, but the feeling is still different. Or maybe I've changed.

If this wasn't what kept you here before, what did? =D

I love watching the videos but being east coast, it can get pretty late into the night before the last video of the day is uploaded. sad

I am lucky in that I have a breedable pet shop that I have run since 2003, and a lot of my shop regulars have been around for a great number of years. I feel like they are an extended family of mine online and I have come to care for them a great deal. We even play games together (such as left 4 dead, etc) and do holiday card exchanges, so I guess my sense of community hasn't really changed too much on a personal level. In fact, I feel like I am closer to a lot of people now than I had been back then.

I do think that users in general were nicer back then, perhaps because we were all on an equal level. I've noticed that some older members can be indifferent towards newer members, some even mean or judgmental, but I think elitism is part of any community to some extent. I've chosen to fight it by not joining it. 4laugh

Congrats on winning the first letter!

Meeki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
wahmbulance wahmbulance

Want to try your luck for a User Image Runcible Spoon? All you have to do is roll a 1d20 and be the first person to match my roll. You can roll as many times as you want until a winner is found. Good luck!

Edit: Haha, 4! I find that so funny being I randomly chose 4 as the number to represent the thread. It is meant to be!
Meeki
I love watching the videos but being east coast, it can get pretty late into the night before the last video of the day is uploaded. sad

I am lucky in that I have a breedable pet shop that I have run since 2003, and a lot of my shop regulars have been around for a great number of years. I feel like they are an extended family of mine online and I have come to care for them a great deal. We even play games together (such as left 4 dead, etc) and do holiday card exchanges, so I guess my sense of community hasn't really changed too much on a personal level. In fact, I feel like I am closer to a lot of people now than I had been back then.

I do think that users in general were nicer back then, perhaps because we were all on an equal level. I've noticed that some older members can be indifferent towards newer members, some even mean or judgmental, but I think elitism is part of any community to some extent. I've chosen to fight it by not joining it. 4laugh

Congrats on winning the first letter!
Thank you for the letter! heart

Same, I'm also on the east coast...
aww, your tighter "community" sounds nice~ I used to have an art shop too, but people just buy and leave. I felt so cheap emo so after I closed it, I haven't opened another one since then. That makes me wonder, maybe what you've experienced is one of the pro's of having a breedable pet shop, kind of forces people to come back regularly... xd
Can you link me? I'm curious enough to want to check it out :3

Ah yes, elitism... It's discomforting the way that some people abuse their seniority, but I generally don't like to throw that in people's faces. I've heard that some hackers like to target older accounts because they think that they're richer... I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid o.o

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Kyaro
Thank you for the letter! heart

Same, I'm also on the east coast...
aww, your tighter "community" sounds nice~ I used to have an art shop too, but people just buy and leave. I felt so cheap emo so after I closed it, I haven't opened another one since then. That makes me wonder, maybe what you've experienced is one of the pro's of having a breedable pet shop, kind of forces people to come back regularly... xd
Can you link me? I'm curious enough to want to check it out :3

Ah yes, elitism... It's discomforting the way that some people abuse their seniority, but I generally don't like to throw that in people's faces. I've heard that some hackers like to target older accounts because they think that they're richer... I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid o.o

My b/c shop is Faekat Adoption Agency. I'm not a super great artist or anything, nor is it a super great shop, but the pet owners/shop regulars are really good people that keep me grounded. I run a charity as a secondary hobby but it tends to open in small bursts as it can get quite costly and impossible to keep open permanently. I have thought about opening art shops before but where I've drawn faekats so much, I don't think I could draw an avatar well. Most of my stuff is kind of chibi-ish too. Do you have your art online? surprised

I always find that it's the newer members that tend to get phished/scammed/hacked most often. I think the older members have a good idea of how to keep their account safe. It's good to be paranoid though, keeps you on your toes and less likely to fall for any scams. I'm quite paranoid myself.

Dasvidaniya rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Magnetic Sex Symbol

User Image

Did you know... honey is the only food item that doesn't expire?

ninja

Nae rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

I'm glad they're actually filming these. It's so much better to actually SEE them compete.

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Dasvidaniya
User Image

ninja

I did not know that. How interesting!

Nae rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Meeki
Dasvidaniya
User Image

ninja

I did not know that. How interesting!

It's true. It can dry out, but it never rots or goes rancid. Way to go bees!

Dasvidaniya rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Magnetic Sex Symbol

User Image

I'm chock full of strange facts biggrin

I wish I could watch them compete.. It's my first time logging onto gaia in months and
                everything is so strange and colorful xD But I'm stuck at work right now. Mehhh.

Did you know.... dolphins are the only animals besides humans that have sex for fun?
Meeki
My b/c shop is Faekat Adoption Agency. I'm not a super great artist or anything, nor is it a super great shop, but the pet owners/shop regulars are really good people that keep me grounded. I run a charity as a secondary hobby but it tends to open in small bursts as it can get quite costly and impossible to keep open permanently. I have thought about opening art shops before but where I've drawn faekats so much, I don't think I could draw an avatar well. Most of my stuff is kind of chibi-ish too. Do you have your art online? surprised

I always find that it's the newer members that tend to get phished/scammed/hacked most often. I think the older members have a good idea of how to keep their account safe. It's good to be paranoid though, keeps you on your toes and less likely to fall for any scams. I'm quite paranoid myself.
Your pets look adorable! There are so many races eek If you can draw faekats, then I'm pretty sure you can draw avatars 3nodding well, it might take some adjustments, but all in due time. Besides, you make pretty linearts, so I think you'll fare well. I'll pm you the link to my old art shop, cause it's old and closed, so I don't want people accidentally finding it and start asking for orders, cause my life just doesn't allow for that quality of art atm... (I'm using "quality" here very loosely xd )

True true, newer members or younger members, I'm not sure which... but I like that Gaia is probably one of the few sites that implement scam warnings so officially, if you get what I mean... I guess I'm referring to the options in Account Settings.

Dasvidaniya rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Magnetic Sex Symbol

User Image

Jeez D: This forum is so... dead.
                This whole event seems kind of random. o x o;

Did you know.... If you fall asleep within 5 minutes of lying down, you are likely to be suffering from severe sleep deprivation.

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Dasvidaniya
User Image

Did you know.... If you fall asleep within 5 minutes of lying down, you are likely to be suffering from severe sleep deprivation.

I think most of the activity is in the Adventure Time forum, at least when it comes to the hot topic threads. surprised

Dasvidaniya rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Meeki
Dasvidaniya
User Image

I think most of the activity is in the Adventure Time forum, at least when it comes to the hot topic threads. surprised

User Image

Pssh xD Adventure Time... That says alot about the age ranges of gaia users. @ _@

Did you know.... Japan is distributing iPads to its sumo wrestlers because cell phones are too small for their hands.

Team Lead

11,950 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Awesomesauce randomness

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items