Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amorous Animal

19,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Object of Affection 150
i activated it and loved it at first but as the day went on the beeping and booping that is made when sending and recieving messages got quite annoying and i like to listen to music or i would just turn off my volume. other then that i love it. also it would be nice if it was a different color.

Dapper Man-Lover

14,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Brandisher 100
The new floating footer is great. Looks much better than the old one. Its much more stream line and not clunky. I really like the IM system. Is there a way that we might be able to chat with other gaians who are not on our friends list? Maybe if we type in a user name we can start a IM session that that user can either accept or ignore. It would be a great way to talk to people who you meet in threads but don't want to be friends with. It would also be a lot more convenient than sending multiple profile comments or PMs.

Romantic Wolf

i turned it on and at first i liked how i can keep up with facebook, but is was anoying how it sed non of my frends on Gaia were on wen they wer, if that was fixed it would be fine

Spooky Specter

1. There are ADS on it? Why would you put ads on it?!
2. The chat interface looks pretty interesting, but it could also get annoying really fast, if things pop up like they do with Facebook's chat. However, I haven't tested that part, so I have no idea if it does or not... ^^;
3. Yeah, being able to change the color of the whole thing would be awesome. What if it could tie in with the Color Switcher that's also in the Labs?
4. Definitely needs a thing to collapse it into the side of the window. That would be awesome.

3,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200
The footer doesn't seem to show up for me. gonk I have it activated and my footer is activated as well. The only thing that happens when I activate it is my footer disappears.

Shirtless Ladykiller

8,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Kill Hybrid
It seemed a bit slower to load than the current footer and I miss the ability to collapse it, which I see is already being considered.

It actually loads WAY faster for me at least... Don't know what system/browser (ect.) that you're using but with my Vista and Firefox 4.0, it loads in a matter of seconds.

Kill Hybrid
Minor note: the bland grey isn't visually appealing. Maybe an option to change colors or themes?

THIS.
It would be amazing.
Sillymaee
The footer doesn't seem to show up for me. gonk I have it activated and my footer is activated as well. The only thing that happens when I activate it is my footer disappears.

What browser are you using?
~Because it doesn't look like thw footer works for the Safari browser.

3,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200
tybug0413
Sillymaee

I tried Google Chrome and Firefox, but neither show up!

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Sillymaee
tybug0413
Sillymaee

I tried Google Chrome and Firefox, but neither show up!

Have you cleared cache and tried again?
Sillymaee

What other lab addons do you have enabled?

Sage

8,350 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
Panagrammic
While we removed the Gaia Instance Messenger feature due to low usage, a number of users were telling us that they still liked having the ability to message their friends -- they just wanted a much lighter weight interface.

Anyway, given that, we spent a little bit of time and decided to integrate the Meebo toolbar, which gives users a really lightweight chat widget.

If you turn on this lab, you are REPLACING the standard toolbar with the Meebo toolbar.

Some things that we still want to do:

- currently, you'll see your quick links but cannot edit them
- we'd like to add a "collapse toolbar" button.

Anything else we should add? Do you find this useful? Please try it out and let us know!

Hope you don't get mad for me quoting the first post but it needs to be done so you know what I'm replying to. This new footer is practically Face Book's messenger with the ability to use other messengers by meebo and the quick links of gaia. When it comes to using ims its bulkier than before. Also there is no longer a way to access your mail by the footer.

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm still in love with this feature, however, I would like the option to change my outfits back once everything else is working, and to collapse the toolbar. I've been using Better Gaia (works fine with it so far), so I can see my mail at all times, but I'm sure others might like to be able to see theirs.

Again, being able to pop the IM window out of the toolbar would be excellent.

7,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
I like it, but maybe the ad in the left corner of it should go?

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
TamberofMana
I like it, but maybe the ad in the left corner of it should go?

I think you can turn off ads by clicking the little 'i' on the right side of the ad section... if you can see what I mean?

Also I think you can turn off the sound by going to "? Friends Online" then the volume button next to the minimize on the top right of the pop-up.

Another (small) issue - quick links is covered up by the aquariums in other people's signatures. Maybe fix it so that it appears on top instead?

Does this only work if your friends are signed in on the meebo bar as well? That's probably why it isn't showing whether some friends are online - probably because they haven't activated the feature yet. It's like facebook, you can pretend you're actually offline... >XD. But I reckon this is kind of redundant because friends can see whether you're online by going to the my gaia page anyway.
alien1001

It looks like opting out of ads only opts out of personalized ads, sadly. So we'll still end up getting ads. *Hopes were up for a minute*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff