Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Lunatic

It wouldn't let me sign in to the IM service and the "Groupon" advertisement was really annoying... And my online friends weren't there which made me sad

Eloquent Conversationalist

GoddessDivine
tybug0413
GoddessDivine
Apparently I need to log into Gaia to open the chat, so then I click on that area of the bar and it brings me into a "No Page Here" page.

Log out of gaia then log back in. That should fix it :3
Yep, it worked! Thanks.
And now that it's working, I've decided that I don't like it. I'm going back to the old footer. The reason why I love the old footer is that I can see my inbox and I can see where the people I need are on the site. (ie: If my roleplay partners are in the thread or if they've headed off to reply elsewhere.)

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Just so you guys know, you can opt out of the Meebo ads. On my footer, I had an ad that said "your opinions wanted", but when I clicked on it, it lead me to a Meebo page where I could basically opt out of all Meebo ads. smile

Trash Squad

Gaia you change my life for the better thank you.
It makes it some much easier to chat with my friends. No longer must I wait to send another IM or to wait for the comment page to load. Even though I will still sue this it's better for everyday chat :3

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

That...

Just ain't right...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anyways, just in case this isn't easily reproduced by anyone with tektek toolbar, a friend of mine was logging in and out repeatedly due to tab opening. Probably has nothing to do with it but that was the only abnormality I could see in the test.
The computer also seems experience slowdown.

Well, I know which bar I'll be disabling on firefox for a while.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Oh man I loved this thing. I am able to chat on facebook w/o leaving the gaia page :]

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
It's not bad, but I'm not a frequent chatter (despite having an account with like every IM service), so I probably won't be using it. Looking forward to the future options for this feature, though!
Nespin Fernagon
Yup. Me again. I'm noticing a problem where people can get caught in a log on / log off loop, popping on and offline every second or so. Not sure as of yet what causes it.

I found out what causes it I think and I posted a semi fix on my post on the front page of the thread. :3

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I liked being able to open my Quick Links in a new tab.

Now I can't do that with the right-click menu or just by middle-clicking the link.

EDIT: Just gave it another shot after this update, still no right- or middle-clicking to open in a new tab. Had to disable it again.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I like it, but the ad is annoying, and I keep logging out, and despite having at least one friend who was on it at the same time as i was, it shows no one online...and i still have no idea how to get other accounts on there...unless it's not compatible with Firefox 4....

Edit: I just deactivated it. Keeps logging me out, won't show anyone as online, though i'm sure at least one other person has tried it on my friendslist, while they were online. I find it useless currently.
Rya Dracosin

If you keep getting logged out, chances are you have a bunch of tabs up and need to close some. If you don't try closing out of gaia completely, then opening it back up after a few seconds. That usually fixes it for me for a good while :3

Codebreaking Mage

9,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
well the new footer is a good idea, connecting gaia to meebo which in turn connects to to almost every other social networking site, but it seems like it took to long get instant messaging back to to gaia, ever since GIM was removed.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
tybug0413
Rya Dracosin

If you keep getting logged out, chances are you have a bunch of tabs up. If you don't try closing out of gaia completely, then opening it back up after a few seconds. That usually fixes it for me for a good while :3

I have one gaia tab and one radio station tab. But other features don't seem to work, like showing people online, so i'll just wait to see if any more info on it pops up. I have gaia as an "app tab" on firefox, so closing out, means closing the entire browser.

Shameless Noob

Would it be possible to alter the toolbars color?
Other than that Im loving it so far, definatly like the less laggy loading thing its doing so far.

I also miss/liked the "what are your friends doing" thing the normal footer has, any way of optionally allowing that integration, or adding a 'tab' thing too it?

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Moontalon
Would it be possible to alter the toolbars color?
Other than that Im loving it so far, definatly like the less laggy loading thing its doing so far.

I also miss/liked the "what are your friends doing" thing the normal footer has, any way of optionally allowing that integration, or adding a 'tab' thing too it?

I would love if it had an option to stay the same color as the menu colors for the gaia labs color changer thinger. I'd love a black header and footer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff