Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amorous Ladykiller

17,300 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I deactivated the new footer when I realized it was just a way of getting around the no-ads-ever preference I had set.

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
New Features

How about a group chat? You can talk to a limit of about 10 people?

And a chat-room for Guilds/Clans. If someone is online from that guild/clan, and they're not on your friends-list.

Questionable Informer

9,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Full closet 200
My friend keeps on being logged off and on to meebo. Any ideas why?
Thursday Noon

He/she either has too many tabs open, or is running gaia as an app in firefox (probably). If it's the latter, the only thing I can suggest is either using a different browser or not running it as an app (if that's possible)

Questionable Informer

9,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Full closet 200
tybug0413
Thursday Noon

He/she either has too many tabs open, or is running gaia as an app in firefox (probably). If it's the latter, the only thing I can suggest is either using a different browser or not running it as an app (if that's possible)

Alright, thanks 3nodding
Thursday Noon
tybug0413
Thursday Noon

Alright, thanks 3nodding

No problem~ lemme know if it works or not, I can always try to figure something else out if it doesn't :3

Generous Giver

10,650 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Guildmember 100
why does it keep poping up, i want it to stay minimized so i can do other things and its too much of a hassle to minimize everytime a message comes in.
Panagrammic
While we removed the Gaia Instance Messenger feature due to low usage, a number of users were telling us that they still liked having the ability to message their friends -- they just wanted a much lighter weight interface.

Anyway, given that, we spent a little bit of time and decided to integrate the Meebo toolbar, which gives users a really lightweight chat widget.

If you turn on this lab, you are REPLACING the standard toolbar with the Meebo toolbar.

Some things that we still want to do:

- currently, you'll see your quick links but cannot edit them
- we'd like to add a "collapse toolbar" button.

Anything else we should add? Do you find this useful? Please try it out and let us know!

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

Once I activated the footer I noticed my smileys started glitching and multiplying all over my posting space like this User Image.

First I had no idea what was going on, but then I attributed it to the footer (since it was the only new thing about Gaia) and I tested my theory by deactivating it. Now the glitch has gone away completely so it seems likely it's related.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Angeladr7

Yup... I had that in my post on the front page and I've been trying to think of a fix on the user side that could solve it without disabling the footer. Hasn't been working out that well. sweatdrop

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
tybug0413
Angeladr7

Yup... I had that in my post on the front page and I've been trying to think of a fix on the user side that could solve it without disabling the footer. Hasn't been working out that well. sweatdrop
User Image

Oh really? I missed that!

I just checked it now.

Okay well good to know it's not just my pc haha. sweatdrop

Aww too bad. I suppose I'll just keep it deactivated until it's solved.

So it's only happening to those with tektek toolbar then not just regular smileys?
Angeladr7

Yup... it works perfectly fine for google chrome, and no one has said anything about any other browsers or instances where they weren't using the tektek toolbar, so I'd say if you really want to try it and the tektek toolbar isn't involved, you'll be fine with the floating footer in that regard.
get rid of the ads on the footer. we have to look at ads all over the top, bottom, and side of most of the pages anyway. i don't need it on my footer, getting in my way and following me everywhere i go. remove the ads now.

10,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.x i D a r k i e x
I like it. My computer has trouble keeping it running sometimes, but its quick and easy to use. I can't actually see my quick links right now, no matter how much I click it, so they might need to be played with a bit. But GOOD JOB! =D And thank you! ^^. Rawr :3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xBlaze All Dayx <3

Fluffy Cat

Not working for me. neutral
Murkli

What isn't working for you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items