Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,700 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
My only real complaint is that I can't open things in new tabs. Like my messages, it just takes me right to them.

10,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
I used to have the footer deactivated, so I wouldn't have to see it

now, whether i have it activated or deactivated in my labs, the bar shows up

And using the 'hide' button seems unreliable as it lasts about two seconds before it pops back up

ok, found the place in my account to turn it off off

but the fact that the minimizing button lasts for about two seconds should still be looked into

I'll never use it because I hate visibly having anything there, it doesn't give me anything I don't want
and I can't live without like 20 tabs open (a good half of which are gaia)
so it's not working anyways
Uncle Johnny
Snowflake of chaos
This toolbar is great but I WANT a way to TURN IT OFF.
It keeps interfering very heavily with my tektek. For example, in this post, I now have NO WAY to use my saved post formats because the buttons just aren't there, and the tektek (and some other) smileys are multiplying in a very ANNOYING glitch that lags and covers the post box at the same time.

I already experienced this when everybody could freely choose the toolbar, but upon realizing I turned it off and everything was fine. Now you've gone and made it that I can't see any way to turn it off! I need to turn it off!

Screenie:
User Image

That's what it's doing to mine!

Mine too! On my posts, PMS, everything. I can't get to my Tektek 'cause they don't show up and where I once had the tool bar hidden when it first went up, I opened it to see if that would fix the problem and now can't get rid of it!

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Cat Warrior Sam
My only real complaint is that I can't open things in new tabs. Like my messages, it just takes me right to them.
Yeah, I don't like it too the way it is now. I used to use the CTRL+ left mouse button to open links in new tabs but with the new footer I can't.

@Orestria: Go to My Gaia > Account settings and scroll down a bit till you see the opntion called "footer display". Select the desired option and click save to apply the changes.

Playful Friend

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.She speaks in the third person...

Um, maybe Leo's is glitching but what exactly are the Quick Links supposed to be, because when she clicks on that, nothing happens... sweatdrop

...So she can forget that she's me.

High-functioning Cultist

11,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
Its OSM!! my friend is jealous XP

Desirable Conventioneer

10,290 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Befriended 100
Currently, I am not a fan of the new footer. I cannot get into my quick links and ads are quite annoying but, I do like that you can see which of your friends is online and use the Gaia Instant Messenger.

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500
i like it, but it has too many ads that pop up. and its (seems) to cause lag. plus it looks EXACTLY like FB's. i think gaia should put their signature flair to it. wink but im honored to be a beta tester!

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
New Floating Footer
Deactivate
So why do I still see it???

6,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
kaaaarma
iiRockpuppy
no, tell me how ; A ;

To turn the footer off, go to:
My Gaia > Account (the gear thing) > General Settings > Footer

I made a picture to help people
here

Oh, some other people have already made a picture.
Oh well.

thanks c:
Maewolf
X-Broken-Wish-X
Ŧhis Øne ϖas Ŧhe ȴast Øne
Ɨ Ɖon’t Ʀemember ɧow

User Image

hate it, hated the old one - can we have an option to not have one at all - its annoying and just gets in the way

Ѣut Ɨ Ʀemeber Ѣlood αnd Ʀain
αnd Ɨ ɲever ʂaw Ɨt ʗoming αgain

go to your account settings, and you can have it off if you click that option
Omgosh!!! thank you so much ^.^

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I find the advertisement highly annoying, and its extremely boring to look at... I haven't played around with it much yet, but I doubt I'll ever use it.

OcTrollBer-Mule's Partner

Wheezing Loiterer

I personally love the footer. It's nice and not in the way. And it looks very clean compared to the old one.
I'm having this problem with the new toolbar. I have the tektek firefox add on for gaia, the one that gives you all the extra emotes. For some reason the added emotes repeat themselves over the text field until either firefox crashes or you simply can't type or click send etc.

Click to enlarge:

User Image

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
i don't know if this is a new problem caused by the new toolbar or not but the meebo chat makes my mini games shut down and have internet errors whenever someone chats with me. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff