Total Votes:[ 1985 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35 36 37 > >>

Genius

8,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
JestersRose
I'm kind of annoyed at the people who are upset about not seeing full avi's, and signitures. It's lite, which means its great for slower computer's, and If you have the android phone, with currently no app, it's faster to load on your phone, with less complications. I mainly use gaia on my Pc so have no problems with the full version of forums, But this is a great feature, for when I'm on my phone.

THANK YOU. Finally someone understands the point of this thing.

I am excited about trying it out on my Nintendo DS. smile For when I'm in too much pain to be at the computer - it'll be great that I can still look at the forums, as they wouldn't even load at all before.

FlyingPinkElefantSaysMeow
i just dont want them making it permanent is all~

Don't worry, they said that you will always be able to switch back.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
There's lot's of room for improvement. Not all of us use a blue header, for example, so maybe optional tint colours for maximum personalization.
Let me see other people's full avatars! Or at least give me an option (that doesn't involve creeping their profile) if my attention is grabbed by a thumbnail.
I like how in normal forums when we click one police man icon in a post all of them in that post turn into photos. Can we have that in Lite, too?

Jayden_Sweet's Husband

Married Wolf

10,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
It sure does making the browsing quicker but you can't see the full avi or the tanks Plus you can't tip or vote up or down on a forum.

Questionable Genius

12,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gender Swap 100
I think it would be handy on phones and such (sadly i don't have one like that to test it on), though i did try it on my laptop for awhile i like the traditional forum look better.

I miss seeing full avis and its a bummer not to see tanks and such to keep an eye out for booty grab, but definitely like it being an option for others that need something easier to load.

I didn't see a difference in speed of loading, but i do have a fairly new computer so there isn't a lot that slows it down yet.

great idea gaia

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Don't like, Don't like, Don't like, Sorry but I still feel like home with the old style of forums, my internet connection is fast, the design sucks (no offence), It's not handy for signature finding, :/
I don't like it much. It's a bit cramped-looking and for some reason it actually loaded slower than the regular forum does. (Which is weird because I have a pretty good internet connection, and this is supposed to be faster... it must just be my computer)

Also, I don't understand why people wouldn't be allowed to participate in events with this on unless the event was one of those weird not completely forum based but in the forums anyway things. otherwise, most other events don't even deal with the forums except as a section for spam cheerful gatherings.

Dangerous Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Its cool and reduces a lot of lag, and its good for people who are in fast-moving threads, so they can read posts and post quicker smile I like it!

I also like the option to turn it off though, so if I'm just browsing around I can still see signatures and things

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
I hope we can get that online/offline tab so we can trade/view profile easily and also the quick reply thing should be added to FOrums lite
I think it's nice that the staff is working on new ideas, but honestly, this is just another way for you to screw over aquarium owners.

With this new idea, no signatures, no aquariums, and no posting options, makes it impossible to see when someone's tank is glowing unless it's actually posted in the comment, impossible to get to the tank even if they did notice it glowing, and impossible to bump the owner's thread, since posting options are disabled as well. I can understand this is possibly a convenient idea for people browsing on their phones, but seriously, it's just another way to rape our tanks play count. Since all these changes, it doesn't matter how many times I bump my own thread, I'm lucky if I get 6 plays, and I'm used to far more than that.

First you steal our fish, then you attempt to limit our plays, then you attempt to make it so we can't play tanks that use the same IP, then you lower our bonus, and for each of these events, we're not notified until after the fact and are conveniently distracted by all these new cash shop items being released.

I know this isn't the right place for this, but it kind of is.

Spring Cleaning was supposed to be about proposing new ideas and helping the Gaia that we love to grow even bigger and better. Instead all I've been doing since this started, is fighting for things that we've had all along, that are one by one being stolen from us. FIX things, ADD things, don't be taking things away!

You're losing players and customers. I would know, I'm one of them.

I just want my Gaia back, you know, the Gaia we all had before you started changing things for no reason.
It would be nice if the feature allowed personal choice on what is cut down. For example, you could choose to have it the way you have set up now, or you could choose to only have aquariums not show, or choose to have both signatures and aquariums not show but still have full avatars displayed... Just cutting everything down makes it rather boring, and with the posts being all left-oriented, it is slightly difficult to quickly tell who each post was from (full avatars would greatly help this). In a thread where multiple conversations are going on between different people and not everyone quotes each other, it might prove slightly confusing for people searching out a specific Gaian's post.

I don't know, I'm just trying to offer more constructive feedback other than me not quite caring for it... redface All in all though, I thoroughly enjoy the effort you guys are putting forth to chance and improve Gaia, and how much you listen to the members on what alterations you make. It warms my heart. emotion_kirakira
DarkErotica

I never thought of this... it really is screwing over Aquarium users, isn't it? If everyone stops wanting to see aquariums, then people who possibly spent actual money on nice fish lose the benefits of showing off their tank. D: I do not like that; that's not fair at all... and I know "life's not fair" but Gaia has an obligation to take care of its members, especially the ones who aid Gaia by making real-life money contributions. Thank you for bringing up the issue with tanks.
Monkey Crumpet
DarkErotica

I never thought of this... it really is screwing over Aquarium users, isn't it? If everyone stops wanting to see aquariums, then people who possibly spent actual money on nice fish lose the benefits of showing off their tank. D: I do not like that; that's not fair at all... and I know "life's not fair" but Gaia has an obligation to take care of its members, especially the ones who aid Gaia by making real-life money contributions. Thank you for bringing up the issue with tanks.

heart Thanks for noticing. I know the aquarium community isn't even close to half of the Gaian population, but aquariums are Gaia's bread and butter when it comes to Gaia Cash purchases. People are ALWAYS buying replacement fish for their tanks, and considering a dolphin is $5 a pop, you'd think they'd want aquarium owners to be happy. I just don't see how many people are going to invest in their aquariums anymore if we can't at least break even anymore.

I'm glad the staff is displaying a bit of initiative and wants to do new things for the site and all, but destroying Booty Grab isn't what I thought this was all about.

Again, I know this isn't really the right place for this, but none of the staff seem to notice anywhere else.

6,250 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Junior Trader 100
It makes the forum load faster which is nice

Aged Bunny

I can't seem to find the forums lite link on the Labs page.

I'm trying to go back to normal forums, but it's not there. I do love the feature.

Edit: Thanks for restoring it!
How do you turn this off?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas