Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.049833887043189 5.0% [ 210 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.036544850498339 3.7% [ 154 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.25272899857617 25.3% [ 1065 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21120075937352 21.1% [ 890 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.17940199335548 17.9% [ 756 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17370669197912 17.4% [ 732 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.096582819174181 9.7% [ 407 ]
Total Votes:[ 4214 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51 52 > >>

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Dressed Up 200
` B e l o v e d
I think it would be pretty damn cool if there was notifications on subscribed threads.

And you can customize the look, font, size, etc of the notifications.

This is a great idea. =)

I was thinking the same thing too.

It's nice and all to know when someone changes outfits.... but I would rather know when someone has posted in my thread so I can go back and check it quickly.

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Quoting notifications please. c:

Shirtless Informer

i would love to see when my friends post in forums, in case i wanna stalk them. ;D
To make it easier on people with larger friendlists, i think that we should be able to decide which friends we do and do not want to be notified about.
Like a check box similar to the wishlist might work well. :3nod

Another feature that would be nice is guild notifications. The guild threads skip my mind to check all the time because there isn't anything to remind me "Oh, hey i should probably check this out..."
A checklist for which guilds you do and do not want to be notified about would be helpful. heart

Also, i would love to see when someone quotes me, and replied to a topic i made in the forums and guilds, as this would be helpful for anything from RP threads and guilds, to friendly chit chat threads and guilds, to debate threads and guilds.
Of course, this wouldn't be able to use a checklist and might have too much activity for some people who post in many many different threads and guilds... sweatdrop
However, i don't think i'd mind it too much, as i'm pretty active in the forums anyway, and i could use some notification regarding guild postings to help me stay on top of those.
So, for me, the notifications would be helpful rather than annoying, even if there was a lot of them. 3nodding
Quitoon

Don't care about all the others, but when someone quotes me is something i've been hoping was coming soon for a while.

This.

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Suivien
I don't like the idea of them fading.
Would we still get the little bubble up next to our avatar to remind us?

Thats a good point, if we weren't paying attention and missed it....Well, that'd just suck.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
I'm hesitant to enable this feature, just on account of the size of my friendlist.

How intrusive will this feature be for those of us with a rather large collection of friends?
i think the three other ideas would be awesome to have

Aged Gaian

10,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I totally want the "Someone replied your post on topic: Gaia Labs"
i would like to see things that people out bid me on...instead of find it in my mail box when i think it would be my friend or my art custumer

Wheezing Warlord

I like the three additional ideas.
Though *anyone* replying in your topic would be better than just friends.
And I'd love to see something about guilds getting new topics.
This would make so many things much easier.
Splendid idea!

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I like the idea of being notified when you're quoted, because I'll often go back and search to see if things have been responded to. it really helps if you're having a conversation, argument or whatever to know when someone's responded to you.
I really want this happen! Especially the replies to a topic that I'm following!
I have toolbar add-ons that let me easily navigate through my threads, but they still have to refresh!

Frankly, I'm quite lazy and it'd help much-o. The way it is now, since I don't have much friends on at the same time or get much PMs, I don't really see this feature as much as I want to. xD;

It'd be great if it's like the QuickLinks menu, where you can add any topic/page you like to get there faster. ^^
Please add a quoting alert! This would be the best feature being tested! You have no idea how much I would use that!

Dangerous Lover

7,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Millionaire 200
I love this idea. Fading alerts would be wonderfully convenient, and direct links would be awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff