Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.049833887043189 5.0% [ 210 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.036544850498339 3.7% [ 154 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.25272899857617 25.3% [ 1065 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21120075937352 21.1% [ 890 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.17940199335548 17.9% [ 756 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17370669197912 17.4% [ 732 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.096582819174181 9.7% [ 407 ]
Total Votes:[ 4214 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50 51 52 > >>

I like this, the quoting option will be really helpful ^.^
_________________________________________User Image
I love the idea! I would love to see all of those different alerts. It would make me happy :]
I like the idea to have it alert you when friends come online. Everything else seems like it would get kinda annoying, especially if you have a ton of friends posting stuff and interacting on the site.
I don't think I want to receive an alert every time someone on my friends list changes their profile or updates their avatar, I know some people who do that almost constantly.

What about giving us an update for when someone posts in a thread we're subscribed to? That would be helpful for people who roleplay but don't use the quote feature whenever they post a reply.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Lilith Delost
i would love to see when my friends post in forums, in case i wanna stalk them. ;D
To make it easier on people with larger friendlists, i think that we should be able to decide which friends we do and do not want to be notified about.
Like a check box similar to the wishlist might work well. :3nod

Another feature that would be nice is guild notifications. The guild threads skip my mind to check all the time because there isn't anything to remind me "Oh, hey i should probably check this out..."
A checklist for which guilds you do and do not want to be notified about would be helpful. heart

Also, i would love to see when someone quotes me, and replied to a topic i made in the forums and guilds, as this would be helpful for anything from RP threads and guilds, to friendly chit chat threads and guilds, to debate threads and guilds.
Of course, this wouldn't be able to use a checklist and might have too much activity for some people who post in many many different threads and guilds... sweatdrop
However, i don't think i'd mind it too much, as i'm pretty active in the forums anyway, and i could use some notification regarding guild postings to help me stay on top of those.
So, for me, the notifications would be helpful rather than annoying, even if there was a lot of them. 3nodding

This too. The not being able to opt out for some people on my big flist and not others is what pisses me off so much about the b-day PM's from Flynn. I would LOVE to be able to select what threads/guilds/etc. I could get little announcements about!
it's cool so far but i wish we would get one if our aquariums glow

8,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
alexbenjamen
When you turn this on, you'll see what your friends are doing while online or when you get a pm - you'll get an alert in the upper right hand corner and it will fade away in a few seconds. So for example, if one of your friends posts a new topic in the forums, you'll know about it right away and will be able to click on the alert to read the post.

There are 3 notifications currently:
1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

If I get positive comments about it, will be planning on adding these notifications:
* Friend comes online (logs into the site)
* Friend replies to your topic
* Someone quotes me in forum

What other events would you like to see?

I don't have any other events to add, but I think this would be a VERY good feature to add. I don't like having to refresh my page all the time while anticipating a PM or forum response.

I'm not to keen on knowing when someone updates their avatar, or when they come online, but if that's what other people want, sure. Maybe make it customizable so that we can choose what we want to show up in the alerts.

*thumbs up*

Shameless Consumer

Out of the choices, I think I would like when someone quotes me, and when someone replies to a thread I made. I Exchange a lot, and it would make it a hundred times easier if I didn't have to constantly hop between 4 threads where I wanted to buy something, and keep a look out for new deals.
um.... why dont you just make it so ppl can customize the pop up to pop up to whatever they want? ,': |

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i think you have zeroed in on my top requests. thx !!

8,600 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
As long as it doesn't replace the header bubble. I like the bubble.

It'd be nice to know if I was quoted.

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Kaenai
I like fading alerts.

I think, though, that they may either be too large, or poorly placed. On my browser (IE&, Windows Server 2003 r2 (yeah, well, I'm at work. xP), it hovered right over somethign I was reading, on the right hand side, about a third of the way across the page (from the right). Didn't get a screenie, but if I do, I'll add it here.

However! I wouldn't mind a notification if someone quotes me. Frankly, that doesn't happen often enough for it to become annoying, and I'm very interested in knowing if I've had a reply, especially when I'm ordering art! heart

Some shoppers/vendors might not mind a notification if they're outbid on an item, or if someone bids on their item in the vend.

I agree with all of the suggestions here~

Invisible Regular

8,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
I like the one that says if a friend logs in, because some of my friends are barely online. But I didn't see that yellow bar that notifies me yet, I'll keep checking though.

Hilarious Cat

4,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nice idea. It would be better, in my opinion, if they came out of the footer (a la facebook style notifications)
It could be like a little notification bubble. You could even replace the current PM, profile comment and announcement notifications (which currently appear in the header, enclosed in a speech bubble) with this style. The advantages of this would be a more modern look, as well as visibility from all parts of a page (as the footer follows you everywhere)

Fenris1134's Wife

Familiar Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Threadmaster 200
alexbenjamen

What other events would you like to see?

friends logout

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces