Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

I would like Color Switcher to be added to Gaia Menu?

Yes 0.90125982556261 90.1% [ 8370 ]
No 0.019274254334015 1.9% [ 179 ]
Maybe 0.07946592010337 7.9% [ 738 ]
Total Votes:[ 9287 ]
This poll closed on March 12, 2010.
No longer accepting new votes.

Dangerous Seeker

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Erin_Rocks220
Oh noes! I found a minor glitch.

When I change my colour, the trophy icon for the achievements is gone. But when I go back to blue, it's there. It seems so... naked without it. Just a heads up.

I didn't notice that at first but yeah it does.

Hygienic Puppy

11,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Whoever said this is a bad idea is a little bit closed minded, whether they like the colour or not it is a feature that can create a certain level of control and make us all feel as if we were in more control of whatw e see making us all happier, but though there is the factor that it would worry some people with bad connectiona nd slow computers that having the feature may worsen things.

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
How do I get it?

2,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I was hoping someone could tell me how to get this feature on this new account sad

Sarcastic Spirit

18,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I HELL LOVE THE NEW COLOURS!
Thx for the colour changer. Nice thinking there. Blue was surely NOT my style.
yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi
For those who have colored hair or wish for more colored items like choosing the color in which a mightnight gown would be made. I suggest that you make a wider varity of of colors because you could have someone who wants samon colored pigtails persay. and the Gaia salon does not have that and what if the market place does not have that , or the user can't acsess the market place like me. what would they do? Also, I would like to point out that some people would like there avatar to have muticolored hair. I do not know for certain but, if they didn't what would they do? As a computer web site surly you think in the intrest of your costumers? besides the ones that pay money for digital items should have what they desire. That brings me to another conflict. For products in the cash shop why is it when you buy a package must you buy another one so you can wear two or more at the same time from the same package. I think that you should be able to wear two or more items from the same package at the same time without spending 999 gaia cash per item.
I'm just saying thease things should be takin' care of. I understand you are just tring to make a profit, but your profit may be affected by your costumers being frustrated by thease conflicts.

-Sonyai,U.S

5,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Love the feature though I wish there was more colors to choose from and not just colors but maybe patterns as well!~

Shameless Enabler

10,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i adore the color switcher!! I never had a problem with the standard blue, but when i changed it, the webpage came alive!

I really like the red setting; it's bright and awakening! I do kind of wish we could customize what color we want, but i'm not complaining.

This could be a really welcomed feature, in my opinion! emotion_bigheart

Wealthy Lover

4,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
ania1899
When we updated Gaia Menu to the new Mega Menu, we chose to change its color to blue. Many users were not happy with that change - they were very attached to the old purple theme, which got clearly expressed in the 'Site feedback' threads.

Color switcher is the solution to the disappointment over the theme color shift. Color Switcher is a cool feature that lets you change the theme of the menu. You can choose between six colors for now, but the number of colors might be increased in a future. It is also not persistent yet - meaning the color change does not follow you when you click around Gaia. As next update to the Color Switcher, I want to add the same functionality to the footer.

Please try out the Color Switcher and write your feedback!

Update 2:20PM: Added a bit of code to make the color persistent. ~pan

Feb 8th update:

Thank you for voting on the poll, and for all your feedback provided through the forum and pms - I very much appreciate it. Most of you reported to have issues with the color switcher not working on IE browsers. Pretty much everybody wanted it to be persistent through out the site. First patch for the color switcher went out today, and it included a fix for the IE issues and the persistent color. There are also some cool new features. I added a grey/black color option and the header theam will now match your menu color smile Hope you like it.

March 5th update:

Color Switcher is currently not working - some of our other features that were released this week caused it to break. I have a fix ready and it will be released on Monday morning. So please do not remove color switcher from your gaia lab page - it will all work again soon, I promise smile

March 8th update:

The fix for the issue that was introduced last week, has been just released. Everything should work now. Thanks for using the color switcher smile

Wealthy Lover

4,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
super-icicle13
ania1899
When we updated Gaia Menu to the new Mega Menu, we chose to change its color to blue. Many users were not happy with that change - they were very attached to the old purple theme, which got clearly expressed in the 'Site feedback' threads.

Color switcher is the solution to the disappointment over the theme color shift. Color Switcher is a cool feature that lets you change the theme of the menu. You can choose between six colors for now, but the number of colors might be increased in a future. It is also not persistent yet - meaning the color change does not follow you when you click around Gaia. As next update to the Color Switcher, I want to add the same functionality to the footer.

Please try out the Color Switcher and write your feedback!

Update 2:20PM: Added a bit of code to make the color persistent. ~pan

Feb 8th update:

Thank you for voting on the poll, and for all your feedback provided through the forum and pms - I very much appreciate it. Most of you reported to have issues with the color switcher not working on IE browsers. Pretty much everybody wanted it to be persistent through out the site. First patch for the color switcher went out today, and it included a fix for the IE issues and the persistent color. There are also some cool new features. I added a grey/black color option and the header theam will now match your menu color smile Hope you like it.

March 5th update:

Color Switcher is currently not working - some of our other features that were released this week caused it to break. I have a fix ready and it will be released on Monday morning. So please do not remove color switcher from your gaia lab page - it will all work again soon, I promise smile

March 8th update:

The fix for the issue that was introduced last week, has been just released. Everything should work now. Thanks for using the color switcher smile

Zhanetoa's Wife

Dedicated Lunatic

4,925 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I LOVE THIS EXPERIMEN. WE SHOULD ADD IT 2 GAIA

3,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
blaugh 3nodding rofl MOAR COLORRRRRS blaugh 3nodding rofl dramallama