Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

I don't really like how centering the layout makes the entire background light blue, except for a white box around the individual posts.

Devoted Heckler

I actually would say 'yes' to the three middle options. I'd like the option to turn it off, or for it to be certain parts of the site. For example; it gets kinda weird in the forums and especially when looking at long posts. I really really like the current image, but would like to see some others become available if this feature goes 'live'.

Hilarious Cat

4,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Because I have no life, I made some mock-ups in Photoshop.
I have no idea why, but..
it'd be great if it looked like this...
User Image
User Image

Sorry, I'm sort of crazy.
I think I like it, but all the white that shouldn't be there annoys me. The background should wrap around posts rather then there being a square of white around the post.

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Love it! Definitely needs the ability to change the backgrounds tho, or even create your own!

Dapper Conversationalist

4,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
i don't really like it, mostly because i use a lot of post codes, and it really limits the images/styles i can use when posting. i don't ever stretch the screen with the way i make them now (the biggest i think i've gone is an 800 px wide image, but 90% of all screens are bigger than that now), but if the screen is centered, it either messes up the alignment, or it will stretch the page in a retarded fashion or...something like that. looking at long roleplay posts is really frustrating too with the centered scite. i think if people want it centered, fine--i think for others, we should at least be able to turn it off. but the fact that the site is centered like that and makes the strip so small is really frustrating to me. I also like the white backgrounds in the forums now.

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
this is aweSam !! much better !! but yeah add more backgrounds ! or let us be able to put our own pics as the background ! that would be uber aweSam !! whee

kregank's Problem

Benevolent Duck

I think it would be alright, but it would take some getting used to. If it does become permanent, though, it would be nice if we could choose from a few different backgrounds, like you can change the menu colour.
Yeah it would actually look better, but just to be safe they should also give us the option of turning it off when we need to. Other then that, a variety of backgrounds is key for this to be a hit, as well as it not just only filling up the bottom part of the screen, leaving the other larger uper part just blue.
I like this feature. I only have to say that the addition of both different backgrounds and the option of turning off this feature would be a plus.

Shameless Lunatic

34,090 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
me likey <3

...but the flower field is frickin' UGLY.... please let us change it!!!!!

Anxious Poster

I like the idea, just make us be able to both change the background and turn it on and off.

Moonlight Healer

User Image
Rage of the winter mould the horizon
Cover the mountains, forests and lakes...

I don't like the idea of the site being centered. Those free spaces on the left and right drive me mad as well as that meadow in the bottom does. If we were able to choose whether it's centered or not (I mean not via poll and the option with bigger amount of votes wins, let us choose it in our account settings or labs, whatever).

It would be also a good idea to let us choose the background, main theme and so on.

Rage of the winter - magic and wonder
Enchanted fury, majestic force!
User Image

Anxious Nerd

16,925 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Timid 100
User Image ▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

I am not 100% sure what it looks like on FireFox.
I use BetterGaia, the add-on for Firefox, and I love it to death.

I briefly saw the centered thing on IE, and I didn't like it.

I'll stick with BetterGaia. =]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂ User Image
My TwitterMy MyspaceMy FacebookStrayGloveGraphic ShopCrush Me

cayxia's Wife

Fashionable Lover

1,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
radioactive alchemist
I don't think it's browser-specific, because I'm using Firefox.

Yeah...it's great, but my only beef is with the blue background replacing the white and making threads look pretty bad. As long as the center of the image is white/thread posts were inside a box like everything else, it would be fine. Need some background for the bottom links, too, since they're hardly visible.

I'm seeing the same thing on google's browser and much agreed with the bottom links

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff