Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Tricky Shapeshifter

Just being centered works, is classy and I like it. Although I get that weird blue highlight around everything and it's kind of hard to focus on the site. (I use internet explorer.) Plus at the very bottom, due to the picture background, you can BARELY see gaia's important quick links D;

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Overstocked 200
Looks alright. Once you work out the bugs with transparent forums and let us choose backgrounds, it'll be awesome. Definitely wanna keep it heart

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Waffles! 25
Falling down doesn't hurt....

I think it's an interesting change, but the Forums with the Halo Effect, and the background can get a tap annoying.

I couldn't keep it though... Too much of a change for me and I got a tad confused. sweatdrop

The harsh feeling deep in your chest will go away after a while...

Shameless Sex Symbol

Finally... but the background is so blah... Just keep it plain. Or allow us to change it. Also the forums didn't need to be centered.
I don't like it much.
It makes everything cluttered and smaller.
I think what we have it good. :]

6,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
This feature would be great... if there were some motives, perhaps? Besides flowers. I don´t care that much about the white/blue problem, but some other color and theme ould be great.

Friendly Lunatic

I think it looks amazing personally. No complaints here!
I have to agree that the aesthetic pleasure I"m getting out of this layout is awesome. But It's causing my computer to lag hard core and the transparent layout for forums is somewhat confusing...

Malibu Baebie's Prince

Lonely Dreamer

Eh, I don't like it so much right now. Maybe the entire header at the top should be extended to both ends of the screen, since a lot of people have their browsers taking up the full window.

As for the background...it's rather...bland. But the flowers at the bottom are nice. I think for a background, you should go old school and use a classic Gaia wallpaper. 3nodding

Also, all the posts on the forums are just white blocks on a blue background. That is something that should be fixed, as well.
Centering is good but, the background on the forum needs be be white. It looks really weird with floating white blocks and the blue might make somethings hard to read.

Hygenic Fatcat

good idea. but a free selection of bg would be nice

Quotable Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
It doesn't look natural. It just looks awkward, and I prefer the old layout.

5,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
i like it but im having issues in forums, im using firefox, i dont know if that makes a difference.

the page becomes split up, and each post is in a seperate box to the next.

Trash

It's a good idea, BUT....

It's a little distracting. The background is questionable. I think it should stay white (or be able to be picked? hinty hint!)... It kind of hurts, so I deactivated it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff