Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Magical Rogue

23,175 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
If it were to be centered, it would need an option tp be turned off, and a few different backgrounds would be nice. also, ( and i know this is asking A LOTZ) it would be cool if it were a little more seamless.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I like it and all but it's reallllly buggy right now. The site feels SQUISHED so it's going to require MORE than just centering it. Try centering AND widening the site.

Until the screen is formatted better, I'm going to turn mine off.
It's nice...but maybe add some other designs... like how profiles have variety of things involved. But not to much.

Interstellar Streaker

User Image
User Image

Looks too small, and the bottom on firefox seemed weird/ missing a border..... I didn't like it. ):
Don't like. D:

There's a slight chance it would improve once it has a proper background image... But I feel it takes away from the feel of the site. Feels more like you're browsing a blog or a newsgroup than the Gaia I'm used to. xD
I don't really like it centered. Should give us an option to turn it off. Maybe I'll use it if there are other backgrounds that look cooler.

Bashful Lover

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
The only problem I seem to be experiencing is that the background pours in on the speech bubbles and things like that.
The transparency behind the footer really bugs me. If you were to put a containing element around everything and had a solid background color it might work out better. The transparency on this page, as well, is not aesthetically pleasing.

I know I'm attached to the current left aligned layout since I've been on Gaia since the beginning, but even without the transparency issue, the centered header still bothers me since it doesn't tie in with the background well.

The centered site does look more modern though. You're on to something. Keep playing with the idea. smile

Besmirched's Wife

Shameless Lunatic

30,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I love it! I would like to see an option for it for those that don't like it and Please more background options!
I think an anchored background would look nicer. A solid color for, like, twelve scrolls is not as nice, to me, as seeing the rest of the background stuck in place while I'm scrolling. I don't want to go to the bottom to see the grass. I hope that makes sense.

Two, I want the text bubbles to be wide, still. It messes up some of my formats and such to have it narrowed suddenly due to the centering.
I love the idea of it being centered. heart

However, as other shave pointed out, the bugginess makes the BG leak into the forum posts area and it id near-impossible to see the links down at the very bottom.

Perhaps if the "centered, but allow BG choices" option is doable, offer us a less busy, darker BD option as well. Anything that cuts out whitespace will have my eyes thanking you.

Bashful Lover

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Actually, the color is compatable with firefox, but not internet explorer.
I like it! It makes it very pretty. I like the idea of having an off button so that users who dislike it or who it is too buggy for can turn it off. I think there should also be different background options, as it would give some sense of customisability. It would also be an interesting (but perhaps too much work/ impossible) feature if one could upload a personal background of their own to use when logged in to their account. Just a thought! biggrin
me like it me like it
I like it, but it makes the site links at the bottom of the page very hard to see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff