Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

the centered idea is very nice, but gonna have to fix the forums. cant do it otherwise. sorry XD
I really like the concept! I would like to see the background stay outside of the thread frame rather than showing through, I found that distracting. I like the background concept though. I think it would be neat if it could tie into the header as well.

Desirable Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Profitable 100
1) The links at the bottom of the paage are very difficult to read because of the imagery.
2) While nice and relaxing, most guys will want a different image around their screen than afield of flowers

I like the idea, but I think the color is sort of off, blending wise, and I'd like more some background options in the future.

I like the feature in general, though I don't particularly like the background much. I'd like to see a way to change it, or at least 'x' it out. :3

There's the transparency issue, too, on the threads...

And while I like having it centered, my screen is a little big so the parts of Gaia that isn't the background seems abruptly cut off to me.

These are all what I think. Thanks to Naruto Ginji Lestat, Muffin fish-O- Doom and Lethality for voicing these issues before I did.

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I really like the centered thing, but the forum posts look pretty janky right now because it's just a white box behind all the posts.

Devoted Guildsman

11,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Suivien
I think it's nice, but, like mentioned, the blue keeps replacing the white.
Also, the links at the bottom are harder to see.
It's very pretty though 3nodding
I completely agree
I like the centered background, but I don't like it invading the forum page inbetween the posts or the flowers D:

Magical Man-Lover

16,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
It's a nice idea but it feels too cramped with this current style.

Spacey Strawberry

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.How about we do it like we should've all along and make the html,body width 100% instead of jerking around with trying to center things that don't need to be?

I think it would satisfy everyone if you did it the way I do.

Anyway, I've got nothing but complaints and much, much better ideas for your layouts than this.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Caden Blue
I like the idea of centering the site, but the big flower picture background is pretty, uh. Questionable. I turned it off pretty quickly.

I agree. If the background would be a lot more.... well, masculine or neutral? Then I guess it would be a good idea. Of course I'm hoping that in doing so, the white halos around the posts will be fixed somehow. O.o
centered both ways not just horazontally.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I have to get use to it I think. =/ It looks a bit squished to me. But that my just be that I've just changed it.
looks pretty, but it makes the main content seem smaller. I don't think I like it too much. Guess I'm just use to the current layout off the site.

Sweet Marshmallow

Tested it out, but turned it off again pretty quickly. The centered design feels too constrained and narrow, and the normal site design is too squished into the column. The background needs some work (as noted in the first post), but even as-is, it could really use some help with the totally illegible footer. That's possibly a CSS/browser issue, but it looks incomplete and unpolished at the moment.

A total redesign, with a centered column as its main goal, would probably work better, as it'd keep in mind the header and footer designs and the navigation system. It's a good idea in theory, but it definitely needs some more finessing before it's ready for a regular release.

Shapeshifter

I love the idea of the Gaia Labs!
I tried out the centering of the site but it throws off my perception of some things
Like I don't neccessarily like it involved with the Gaia Forums
I didn't spend much time perusing other things using it - due to the majority of the time I'm in the Forums more then anything else, but it was very disconcerting and I didn't like the way it confined the posts/made some of the images smaller then what they were, therefore kinda not doing justice to the graphics. I like the layout of the forums as is right now~though it would be a very cool idea if we could change the colors we see in the forums
That's all I can think of ^_^
I actually really like it.

Only reason I deactivated it was because of the forums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff