Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Astral Dreamer

It's cute, but I recommend background choices as well as getting rid of the "halo effect" around forum posts. That and the fact that the current background is rather cute but plain aside from the very bottom. Perhaps stick a nice air ship in the sky? Maybe sky-line of one of our places? (Durem, Barton, Isle de Gambino, ect.) Something to just spice it up a little.

~Clarice

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Caden Blue
I like the idea of centering the site, but the big flower picture background is pretty, uh. Questionable. I turned it off pretty quickly.

I did too.
DO NOT WANT D:

Skilled Combatant

I agree with most of the people in here, the sight looks better centered, but the transparancey, the blue background, they could be fixed. But all in all, a good step foward.

Ruthless Survivor

9,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Athlete 50
  • Survivor 150
The site centering thing is EPICCCCC.. buttt i dont like the image at the bottom and should b changable
I like the feature in general, though I don't particularly like the background much.
I'd like to see a way to change it, or at least 'x' it out; it seems to make black font disappear with the bottom parts.. :3

There's the transparency issue, too, on the threads... And while I like having it centered, my screen is a little big so the parts of Gaia that isn't the background seems abruptly cut off to me.
I like the idea, but I think the color is sort of off, blending wise, and I'd like some more background options in the future.

Edit: also, yeah. Definite transparency issues.

Might I suggest changingthis background color to this, then blending the left side of the sky in the field image more? It looks awkward as is... but it's really pretty. emo

Yes, those colors look similar. They look 100% different when you use them with some kind of fill tool. Seriously. D:

Yet another edit: Maybe there should be a white section in the middle? To fix the transparency issues?

ANOTHER edit: I... I like the background image. Flowers are pretty. Keep it too please?... along with the AWESOME art? ;o; It looks pretty with the green header... the awkwardness of the gradient aside...

Proxy Lover

10,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
On Firefox, this works incredibly. Here's the downsides though:
1) The links at the bottom of the paage are very difficult to read because of the imagery.
2) While nice and relaxing, most guys will want a different image around their screen than afield of flowers.
no way, it makes the page feel smaller and blanker, it also causes many, MANY graphical glitches in the forums.
I really like the centering idea~
I like to be centered. >.<

Dapper Detective

I love the idea, since I have a widescreen monitor where the site otherwise ends up on the far left, which irritates me a lot.

Now the thing about the blue and transparency bugs me as much as anyone else, I'm using firefox.
私は BT を愛します
彼女は暗やみに私の日光です

love the centering.. but now it seems to kinda mess up the page. sweatdrop

彼女は暗やみに私の日光です
私は BT を愛します

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
I love the centering, but it would be nice to have the white background for threads.

EDIT: I'm also noticing that posting a big picture ruins the "centered" look. The speech bubbles around the post stretches to accommodate the picture, but if the picture's big enough part of it goes completely off the screen.
I love the centering of the site. It makes everything very neat looking. But maybe widen the centering a little? It just seems a little to thin. Maybe it's because I have a larger screen. I just don't like the brightness of the sidebar and the flowers at the bottom... it's quite distracting. If you do make this a full time feature definitely change the colour to something more neutral and less bright? I found the light blue was just too much. Personally I'd prefer a grey-ish colour.
heart pretty

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I don't like it centered at ALL. It makes the site seem smaller and smushed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff