Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Fluffy Cleric

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
While it's nice to have things actually centered, I would prefer personally to keep the grey background or make it all white. I find it personally easier to get used to. It's also difficult to read the forums as it cuts out the area between posts and looks sort of bleh.

Friendly Friend

I like it... as long as we do get a nice background. Make sure it isn't too overwhelming though! >w<

Hygienic Sex Symbol

The centering could be good in theory.. but it's very strange the way it has a white brick around text.. maybe if it flowed more.. I know it's in it's infancy but I ended up switching back to the regular 'cuz.. I'm used to it..

6,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Centering makes everything so awesomely neat biggrin
having it on and off as an option would definitely please everyone
-Shut up, he speaks-

i like the idea of centering the site, but there should be more background choices because i personally dont do the whole flower thing

-That is all-

Its my first quest, help?
All donations are loved and appreciated, and donors will be listed in my journal.
I personally thank your profile after you donate.
I am also looking for friends, so check out my profile first.

User Image

Shirtless Informer

It could just be my bigger screen...but i hate the narrow look...there is so much space on either side that it bugs me... :/

Plus, the background color looks weird..

Not a fan of this feature..
Looks neat.
;D
Needs improvement with transparency of forum bubble and the footer is messed up but still I like it ;D

Friendly Aggressor

13,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Guildmember 100
I think that if there must be backgrounds, set it up so that people have an option as to what they're looking at--like before the site was updated, how you could choose the type of icon in the corner. I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about. And I agree, that the white halo effect on posts is distracting.
I find it a little annoying, personally.

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
I'm loving the centered heart I think once the integration of the posts and the background is fixed up, it'll be amazing ^.^ I love the grass and flowers at the bottom of the page too. Very cool.

TehDarkling's Husband

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

I use an add-on for Firefox called BetterGaia that already centers and simplifies the site, and I have to say that it was an incredible improvement from before.

>> ♥ << Visit my art collection! >> ♥ <<
I love the centering, I think it's fantastic, and I agree, the threads look a little weird. Also, the blue nature background clashes with the header banner. Maybe if the header banner matched the background, it would look better. smile

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
not too happy about these little white posts .

Wheezing Feeder

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Once again, good idea, I really like it.

But it does mess up in guilds and the background is a little bleh, be cool if we could pick a solid color/picture ourselves, but good idea none the less

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff