Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
The centered site flows well. It will take me a bit to get used to but i like it so far

Blessed Hunter

3,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I really love how this turns out. It's a lot easier to browse on the site rather than scrolling sideways. Thank you so much! =D

Vermillion Gatekeeper

22,050 Points
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
  • Dragon Master 50
It's a good feature I would not deny it.
However I do have an Issue with the centered cite. More over the Guild section as the Avatar's posts looses it's name/ date and link of post when put on the Right side of the window.

it's a nice feature, I am not arguing over it. Just that the guild section seems to be suffering a lot from it. Visually and Functionaly.

Now I run Mac OS mountain lion. And browse by google.
Perhaps the problem only concerns me since I've heard Gaia deactivated Mac's compatibility in order to make the site faster. That or I misunderstood one of the announcemente at one point.

On the other hand it's good that there's an option to turn it on and off. But I would also like to change the background.

Friendly Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I think that centering the site was a major good thing for Gaia. Though the footer at the bottom of the page that has the links to various pages ie,. About Us, TOS, Privacy notice, etc should be a rectangle the other direction not up and down but left to right. Looks really long and in the way when it goes up and down...

O.G. Prophet

Nebbia d Argento
However I do have an Issue with the centered cite. More over the Guild section as the Avatar's posts looses it's name/ date and link of post when put on the Right side of the window.

it's a nice feature, I am not arguing over it. Just that the guild section seems to be suffering a lot from it. Visually and Functionaly.

Perhaps the problem only concerns me since I've heard Gaia deactivated Mac's compatibility in order to make the site faster. That or I misunderstood one of the announcemente at one point.

On the other hand it's good that there's an option to turn it on and off. But I would also like to change the background.
i thought they were stopping ie6 compatibility, and slowly 7 and maybe 8

Vermillion Gatekeeper

22,050 Points
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
  • Dragon Master 50
SIEG or Soldier
Nebbia d Argento

i thought they were stopping ie6 compatibility, and slowly 7 and maybe 8

I must admit I wasn't really paying much attention when the announcement came by, thus why I added the fact that I may had misunderstood the announcement.
I like my sites centered, I would like a choice of backdrops and be able to toggle center on/off.

Supportive Spirit

13,950 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I like the centering :3 It's a nice touch, I don't see anything wrong with it right now (-:

Tipsy Waffles

I like the centering, but I don't like how it makes the forums crammed into the middle rather than expanding to fill the whole page like normal...

Big Raider

I love it, I think it makes the cite look complete, the only problem I have with it is that it's almost to distracting at the same time. Maybe if it had an opacity, or maybe a choice of backgrounds, some less distracting than others, Then I think this would be a hit!

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Meh. Not a fan of it. It smooshes the site and makes post layouts/forums look wonky.
And since that's where I spend most of my time, I decided to deactivate it. :[

Igotzaname's Waifu

Shy Bookworm

15,365 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
heart just needs a background selection

Friendly Poster

5,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
maybe leave the everything about the navigation bar as it is, just center it, and center the site, but leave the sides that same pattern. cause it looks a bit strange when there is one piece of art above the navi bar then its on top of an entirely different piece of art. or maybe that's just an option?

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I really like it because it makes the site look more organized. I remember when I had an older account w/ the centered site. There were a lot of bugs. But since I joined Gaia again, they seem to be fixed. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff