Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]

Rowenia's Waifu

Magic Seeker

8,575 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
I really love this feature but since I turned it on I have two issues... emoticons instead of being the little pictures are now just bold words like: heart

I also do not see anyone's signatures anymore...I am not sure it's just the centering that caused that or something else..I have tried this with IE, Firefox and Chrome..they all have the same issue.

Friendly Citizen

8,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
No power in the verse can stop me.

Very lovely heart

Ever.

Hopeless Romantic

Valiant777
I love this. I have a widescreen monitor and it gets really annoying to always have to look to the left of the screen...

That was my problem with the site too. My monitor has a huge resolution and having the posts
extend from one end to the other made browsing the forums a pain in the butt.

Original Poster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I really like it centered.

Gambino Medalist

2,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Athlete 50
I love it, but the background isn't exactly doing me justice. Cuter backgrounds? Yes please.

Practiced Protagonist

22,325 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Personally, I like this feature a lot. I've had it active for two days and haven't encountered any bugs so far. It's nice to not have to look at the left of the screen all the time. Also, the background picture is lovely, and it would be awesome if you gave us the option to choose from more backgrounds at some point.
Some people seem to dislike the centered site, though, so perhaps you could include an option to choose between a centered site and a left-aligned one.

Dapper Trader

I like the idea of this but it makes the whole site appear really shrunken to me for some reason. Maybe centering with a smaller margin on either side? And I love the idea of being able to change the backgrounds as you wish.

Brutal Cocktail's Husband

Kawaii Cleric

Centering the website makes it look cleaner and more organized... except for this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Isn't there some way to make all those links spread out like other websites instead of a vertical rectangle like that?

Gambino Stalker

I love this feature, I'm just hoping to eventually be able to pick out my own background.
3nodding

Friendly Humorist

I really want to choose from different types of backgrounds. The current background is extremely dull looking now, well, to me that is and I'm sure to a lot of other people as well.

heart

Familiar Wolf

right now, the vertical shortcut list in the bottom, should be horizontal, im switching off this function now because that is just too ugly.

Dapper Gaian

It takes a minute to get used to, but as most sites are like this it makes an easier transition for surfing.

melona-pan's Fangirl

Versatile Vermin

with the newest update to guilds, the timestamp on centered gaia floats off to the right. sad

Explorer

Would be absolutely awesome if it didn't make the view of the forums even narrower, thus pushing the listed numbers of pages per thread to a second line for many topics and increasing the page length. The big vertical block o' navigation at the bottom is pretty inexcusable, too.

Don't most folks use widescreen monitors nowadays, anyway? I feel like I've got a lot of screen space going unused.

Sora with Wings's Partner

Devoted Friend

Does not make much difference on my 1024x768 monitor except to add a little color to the edges of the screen, but on the 1600px laptop it looks nice.

The only thing I don't care for is how the links at the bottom of the page are accumulated in some weird translucent black box thing. It looks awkward.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff