Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Shameless Pyromaniac

18,800 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Keep the site the way it is. It's easier on the eyes.
I like it centered, but I think keeping the background
consistent is important. Also, the blending on the
sky into the garden is a bit choppy. It would be nice
to customize that and for it to be nice and smooth.
My monitor is probably a little bigger than most.

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
it's a great idea, but the change is seriously disorienting. I used to be able to get around with my eyes closed, but now i feel noob all over again!

Riisa Rose's Princess

Sugary Bunny

I really dislike this idea.
      I am not a fan of centered sites at all, I think the site looks much better when aligned to the left. It just doesn't flow, in my opinion.

[ rinioa ]

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
User ImageCan I find what I'm looking for...

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Centering the site is something I could probably get used to, eventually. But as it is, it's like watching non-HD channels on an HD television. (You know, with the black bars on the side, even though in this case it's blue, it could be any color, just like some TV channels put in a "filler" display down the sides that advertises what channel you're watching. For those of you who don't have this experience, it's like the black bars at the top and bottom of a movie played in wide-screen, a total waste of space.)

I could deal with it, but I certainly wouldn't prefer it. And if it were optional, I'd be one of those people to never turn it on.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

...in the middle of a piñata?User Image

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I loved the centering of the site but can you add something new like umm..put your own image in the background or those downloads on here?

Friend

i think centering the site is a great idea, i love things to be symmetrical :]
                however i think it would be nice if the border pixels could maybe extend farther and fade into the background
                it just looks awkward to have it cut off and be blue sky all of a sudden

I love this feature! I really hope it will stay. whee But yeah as many
others already stated, the blue background messes things up.

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
I feel like your poll isn't....good enough. Just 'yes' and 'no' isn't good enough.
Anyways, I think it should be an option. With BetterGaia, I like how the site is centered. However, I know others do not like how BG centers their page because of their monitor. It should be optional.
It would be cool if it had another theme..
I heart this too. I do agree that the blue can be annoying and kind of messes things up. But i do like the idea of centering the page!!

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
The centering does look nice. I agree that a choice of backgrounds would make it even more awesome.
Bleached White Lawliet
No, please no. The centered site makes it so confusing to me...

then don't use it... razz

I really enjoy it... in the future will we be able to customize the back round??? biggrin
Centered is wonderful... but I'm in agreement with most everyone else. I'll love it more if it stops making threads look terrible.

Prophet

6,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
This is an excellent feature for users, such as myself, who use a higher screen resolution and keep their browsers at/close to full screen. Visiting profile pages would leave some portions (such as avatar images added to the page) in a different position than intended. That left things a bit confusing at times. With this, it helps solve that issue and a few other similar details.
However, the background should stay consistent. Furthermore, when people use the "Ornate" posting style it eliminates the white background behind the text, which makes it very difficult to read at times.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff