Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]

I prefer it centered. Makes it look neater.

However, it's a real shame that the majority of the image in the background is immediately taken over by the actual content of the site.

Other than that, does anyone else have an issue where a bunch of items are lined up in a 2 columns? The links at the bottom where it links to the TOS, the Rules and Guidelines, etc...? Or is this justme?
There's a bug in posting stuff xD
The text formatting stuff aren't centered xD
I like the centered site-
however, I think the centered site sould be wider- becuase everything's so crammed.

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100
The above post is my major qualm as well. It'd be nice if it were a little wider, or at least have the ability to expand and reduce the size of the centred information. :3

I assume (and this is going of a 2nd year university assumption of web design) passing in a variable from some form in Settings (or elsewhere where relevant) and saving it where the rest of the user's session data is saved, then calling that as the width of the column through php would be an easy method of going about this fix?

Then people could customise the size to their particular screen.

I don't know. I really love the centred website, but it is definitely crammed, especially with some of the post sequences I use in forums.

Unholy Werewolf

17,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Threads will need to be adjusted if a centered site is launched. Also, the bottom navigation links need to be adjusted as it is a huge box on my browser... possibly make it into a bar instead of a box.
Background options or a neutral choice (for slower connections) would be great.

Shameless Scrooge

10,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
I love this update but the one thing I don't like is how the menu at the bottom blocks up rather than spreading out. It stretches the page and makes it look bad. And it's not centered.

Other than that it's great smile I'd say give the option to turn it off and do multiple backgrounds, choice or switching. heart

Dangerous Datemate

12,275 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Flatterer 200

Things I'd like:
• Online status notifier so I know if a user is online
• The Drop-down box (PM, Trade, Friend, etc.)
• Instant On/Off screen centering button, in the event of using a different computer that "scrunches" things up
• Keep the site map box at the bottom as. It's nice to be able to just scroll and look at the background image
Omg its so cute!
Its Great mrgreen
IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!! mrgreen Maybe add different backgrounds to choose from, and an option to turn it off smile i love this biggrin

Wealthy Heckler

12,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
I know this is not a big deal to anyone but i am OCD and so at the bottom of the page where is says this:

About UsTerms
of Service
PRIVACY NOTICERules & Guidelines
Safety Tips
Information for ParentsFAQ / HELP
ContactUs
Site Map
Advertise With Us
Arenas
Contribute
Dress Up
Find Friends
Forums
Friends
Games
Guilds
Journals
Mai
lMarketplace
My Stuff
Shops
Towns
Trade
World
Map

could be even across the bottom of the screen and not just to the side in a block. lolz it just bothers me alot

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
The worst part when I decenter the site it looks freakish unlike back way when it did not have the center feature.

It's like the made it look that way to have everyone center it.
crying

Umay Veileen's Husband

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
A very cool feature. itw ould be nice if we could get multiple backgrounds/make a custom background

Timid Loiterer

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
I absolutely love this.
I just discovered Gaia labs and decided to try out a few things, this I LOVE as I usually ALWAYS center anything I do in forums.

Just wondering though if by activating the center feature does it mess with the script for the links at the bottom of the page.

I've noticed that instead of the links of the bottom being spread out evenly, they're boxed and to the left in two rows. I'm slightly OCD when it comes to things being 'even/organized' LOL If they were spread out or centered as well that would work, but being on the left like that really bugs me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

3,425 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items