Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]

Versatile Survivor

it's kinda nice, but i'd like it better if the foreground and the background would kind of flow =o
the transition is kinda harsh =o

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I literally moaned "Oh yes!" in extacy when I pressed the activate button, feeling my eyes sigh in relief.

3,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Consumer 100
LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH!

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
It would be nice if we had the option to turn it off and a few different options for the background.

That said, I LOOOOVE IT, it's such a great feature! It makes my eyes happy!

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I actually like it. I really like seeing Gaia as a whole. I see a lot more and it's such a relief on my eyes. I get the whole picture and it's refreshing...

But I want to choose backgrounds!!!!!!! scream
Oh, that's much better. Thanks guys.

4,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
Centered layout works much better on my Tablet (Gateway Tab-TP A60 - default Android web browser) than the original layout. Looks much nicer on my desktop and laptop as well.

Dapper Gekko

8,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I really like the centered site layout over the left-corner site, but I think there should be a few tweaks to the layout because some of it is buggy.

The overall container width
This is a small suggestion but maybe instead of the layout being 970px, it can be a 1030px? There is more flexibility, plus it can help with the forum section. Sometimes the ads squish the forums, and it causes the date of a topic to break out of the container.

User Image

This is also the case with the topic's dates.
User Image

This is what the topic list would look like with 1030px width instead of 970px.
User Image
I added a few tweaks but only so they would be consistent.

The footer's abrupt ending
By abrupt I mean no closure of some kind. It just ends.
User Image

How about rounded corners?
User Image

The footer's sitemap
I think that the sitemap footer at the bottom of the page is strange. It's too cluttered and is inconsistent with the flow of the page, so I think it i best to let it stretch out so it would match the width of the entire site:

User Image

Using border-radius instead of images
I don't know about you but not many people use Internet Explorer 6 anymore, plus I believe it is a lot easier than creating tiny rounded corner images for every small detail then having to debug and code them in. Even in the non-centered layout this happens on some pages:

User Image

There's also this thing, it happens in both the uncentered and centered layout.
User Image

Celebrating Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
this is nice...would be even nicer if we could have our own backgrounds...but is that asking too much?

IRL Noob

i dont exactly like the picture could you change it so we could choose from photobucket or something like that pirate
I actually activated this feature a loooooooong time ago (say, a year?) and haven't yet turned it off! I like tthe site far better centered than any other way, and actually forgot for a time that it was even optional; I could have sworn that it was always like this! xd
really intresting
magnificent mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
mary rose123
hi

I see you EVERYWHERE

anyway the site is ******** beautiful now...the background needs some switching up though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff