Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Romantic Hunter

11,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I think it being centered would be a great idea, but before you even change the site preference, you would have to fix the bugs. That's normally the reason why everyone complains, and I can't blame them. I would think that if people could center there server and have a transparency for the background, people may want to choose their own gaia favorite background. You could have a set of predestined layouts that gaian's could choose from. For examples see the bottom of the post. Also, it would make people like me happy if we could have it as an "Account Settings" option. Some people may find the layout a little laggy on their own computers. Overall, if you fix the bugs and such I think you would have a happy audience.

http://www.mangafox.com/ -> up in the left hand corner there are some predestined layouts you could choose from.

P.S. I should also not that the design should be on the top header instead of the footer because no one really cares what's on the bottom of the screen anymore.

Friendly Lunatic

13,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
I really hate the centering, I think it looks really bad. :[ that might just be me, but thats the way I feel.

Moonlight Bunny

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I don't like it, it stretches the page further and makes other things smaller.

Sparkly Elder

13,075 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
is all that we see or seem...

I love it centered, but I don't like how the background looks in the forums. I feel like if it had a white background with maybe a pretty picture at the very bottom I would like it more. Something about the light blue background, with the white boxes around the posts, it just looks weird. Maybe if you could find some way to only make the speech bubble white, and not the white box around them. Then it would be perfect.

...but a dream within a dream?
I don't like it at all. It's awful! It would bring me to tears to see the site desecrated like this.
It makes the forums look terrible, and the space on the sides is really distracting... and weird.
The white spaces around the posts is terrible.
Also, it's nearly impossible to read the text located at the bottom of the screen. It just blends in.

zbrahh's Partner In Crime

Coloring Trash

bad idea....the page just looks weird

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
I don't think the forums need to be centered because they already take up the full screen. Certain pages have content on them that is aligned left (such as the forum landing page) that need to be centered because many people have a giant space to the right.

If you go through with this change (seems like it will be optional which is always a plus with these kinds of changes) then the middle column needs to be white with the background only showing up in the side columns similar to bettergaia's set up of the same site changing feature. Reading off of most non-white backgrounds makes my eyes hurt. I would probably mind it less without the weird haloing that is currently happening and maybe every other post in white or grey maybe?

8,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I like it! But as always it would be nice if it could be an option on the account settings... Everybodies sooo different in their taste! Thanks for asking!
....23 as Serah Farron from Final Fantasy XIII.
User ImageUser Image

“ I think I like it better how it is. Thanks, though!„

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The image at the bottom makes the links down there impossible to read crying

It's kind of a cool idea though.

Obsessive Kitten

I am digging the hell out of this idea. Not so much how threads look, and the forum main page looks kinda awkward too, but I know it's not perfect and just gives an idea. Also with the blue, maybe something up top so it's not just solid color (clouds, birds, farting unicorns, whatever works) so you don't wan to frantically scroll down to see a design.
I like it! 8D It'd be nice if we could change the background too.

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Yeah, it does seems like everything got a bit smaller. But I can get used to it.
And then theres the fact that the white part of the speach bubbles is still there, was that meant to be transparent or something? Or the background completely missing. I really don't know what your intention was there. Either way, it doesn't work well in Google Chrome.
And the choice of backgrounds sounds pretty boss as well.
I like it. But some don't. Off/on switch on this feature : Good.
yukisuzu9
is all that we see or seem...

I love it centered, but I don't like how the background looks in the forums. I feel like if it had a white background with maybe a pretty picture at the very bottom I would like it more. Something about the light blue background, with the white boxes around the posts, it just looks weird. Maybe if you could find some way to only make the speech bubble white, and not the white box around them. Then it would be perfect.

...but a dream within a dream?

Agreed.

Heroic Bilge rat

it
s nice to have it centerd but it
s messing with forums =/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers