Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]

Customizations.

Squeezing or widening the page.
Choice of layout.
Choice of background, color, or your own image to put.

I think this feature will have potential, I support.

Blessed Saint

I've been waiting forever for the site to be centered. Thank you so much~! <3

Ruthless Poster

Since it's centered, can you make the white be more rather then so narrow? It kind of feels like I'm a little trapped. xD I don't know, somethign about how narrow the site is compared to the background feels like it's a little much. Just make it a little larger? Or give the option to change how wide we make it? I dunno. I like the idea though. ^^

Striking Muse

I am a huge proponent of the site being centered. However, I abhor distracting backgrounds. I would like to choose my background, and a plain coloured background/simple repeating texture background of some sort should be an option. I do like the idea of having some backgrounds that change with the time of the day like the header does (stars/clouds/etc).

It's an excellent idea, but of course, we need more options.

I would also like the idea of having the site content wider, such as 90% rather than 80% wide.

Sparkly Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
i liked the centered UNTIL i went to the forums and then i hated it. you have to scroll if a picture is large. your posts are super squished. i would think if it was just slightly wider i would far more enjoy it because there was not enough room for me to enjoy the forums completely. other things were also slightly annoying because i had to scroll far more and could not view all i wanted in my window. and i have a large laptop. sorry for the slightly snappy complaint but i do like the centering. thank you for taking the time to read this.
-sapzzy

5,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
The footer with all the links to places on the site is scrunched up into two columns. Could or should be stretched across the page, so that it doesn't add more to my scrollbar.

Other than that, good work.

3,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I do not really like how the links appear at the bottom.

If I may suggest, can the links be on a horizontal placement, and we can have the option to hide it if ever? Similar to the DeviantArt links at the bottom, there are arrows that you can click to hide or show the links below. Well, that, or just keep them horizontal. [But there are too many links...]

Apart from that, placing the site at the center is much better. It's more neat. Can we change the background image, though?

Well for me, I like it better if the site has a fixed width. If the resolution of the computer is too big, the page stretches so much, I don't find pleasure viewing posts that way. Maybe there can be another option for that?

More power to Gaia! Loving the new features.
In general, i like how it looks, but the footer with all the links to places on the site was much better when it was stretched across the page. sweatdrop
Nice... but it looks sort of unfinished on the graphics side. The background has a weird color, totally different from "gaia sites". It´s pretty distracting, when you try to read forum posts.

Slick Southpaw's Compadre

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Chief Technical Officer 500
I like how the site looks centered, it is definitely more standard programming and visually my eyes have an easier time finding things this way.

That said, the background currently in use is lacking the purple that Gaia's been really good about using as part of its brand for at least as long as I've been on site, and I joined back in 05 on a different account, so that is saying something. I feel like the absence of that purple does detract from the focus the site had before, at least from a marketing standpoint. Plus the current background doesn't sit very well with the current header, either.

Another thing is the links in the footer look very awkward as they are. Though set to the centered frame the rest of the site has, all of the links are restricted to the left side of the frame, which leaves a gigantic gap down at the bottom as well as squish the links together unnecessarily. If you could spread the footer bar out to the full length of the frame, then it would look more balanced.

I also feel like you could move the "Post Style" and "Post Action" bits on the reply page into the message area, that way the reply box could also be centered within the content frame. I dunno how difficult that would be to code, however, so that might have been something you've already ruled out, haha.

A bit more padding within the content frame might be nice, as well. Right now comments and the like feel very constricted.

Nonetheless, this is good stuff. Keep up the good work!

Beloved Receiver

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noble Shade 100
I honestly really don't like this idea. User Image
Love love love it!! Uncentered, it drove my lil OCD mind *nuts* (more nuts?).
<3 Symmetry <3

Slackheart's Honey Bun

Friendly Pal

14,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It makes the site look neater, but the main panel should be wider, you know? Like it is when it's left aligned. It makes the forums seem a bit... odd looking and scrunched, or not as wide as it is when its left aligned. But still quite neat.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
this is actually pretty cool. it would be fun to see it actually xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items