Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I like it, but as everyone else said, the transparency is annoying with the blue background. It makes the threads look horrid. Also, the flower field is pretty ugly...perhaps, link it up with the artists corner, and we can choose a background to put on here? That, or just keep it white.
I like it being centered. ;]
But.. You could of had a better background.
It's all blue in forums. D;

Invisible Poster

I too love the centering, like what most people are saying it needs some cleaning up

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I dont really like it, everything is smaller and im blind as it is so I cant see much.
YES! I love it! its much more aesthetically pleasing!

Virtuous Saint

2,250 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Level Up 200
I agree, putting aside the blue background bug on Mozilla it makes more comfortable to work with.
I already love this feature and I hope it gets applied soon.
I like the site being centered biggrin

I know we were told not to take the background into account, but I'd like it much better if that cute art stretched the length of the page, or better yet if the image was stationary while you scrolled the page (for pages with exceptionally long posts...?) I've seen that kind of coding on profiles, my profile is like that in fact. So that might be neat!

Also, if we could select backgrounds, that'd be cool too (For instance, in the labs, there's a background downloader thingy... maybe you could combine that with this and allow people to set their own backgrounds from the numerous arts already available for users to download? :3)

As far as the text bubbles for forums is concerned... that's an easy fix, simply make the white boxes around the bubbles themselves transparent... so that only the bubble is visible against the background, and if people absolutely can't stand the white bubbles, perhaps make the backgrounds apply a 'theme' to the bubbles too, and give them a pastel tint that blends well with the background color.

There's a lot you could do with this feature to make the website more aesthetically pleasing! ^-^ I really like this feature a lot and hope you guys implement it!!
Well, the blue and the flowers are kind of annoying...
Besides that 5* ^_^

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
It just looks bad...
Why center it?
Please don't make it permanent!
I like the site how it is. I put the centering on, and I didn't like it. when the developers make a change to the site, we should be able to decide if we like it and want to use it. I don't the the centering, why now have it as it is now?

Sparkly Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
it's actually really nice on the main pages but needs some fixing on the forum pages...(like ajusting it around the speach bubbles)

Homucifer's Significant Otter

Sugary Bear

29,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image

heart

o wow i thought i would really like this,
but i switched back almost immediately. gonk
the picture's actually really nice,
but i guess i like how open the non-centered version looks on my computer. 8D;;
the centering made me kinda claustrophobic. *O*
I like the centered site, it is very appealing; however, the very bottom of the page it wold be nice if it were more of a solid color so that we can see the links more easily. Also, it would be great if we could change the background in the future with defaulted styles and images that compliments the style of gaia. 3nodding But, still, I really like it.

Romantic Dabbler

11,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
I have to say I frankly dont like this centering thing. Too disorienting, I prefer the old thing expanded across my whole browser.

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Nicey nice i like the flower mountin picture smile , but it would be cool to use those pictures from the diferant event headers. like all the halloween ones ,the latest christmas event one would be buety xd .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff