Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

8,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Market Browser 100
centered would be cool. I'm just not used to it yet.. : /
It'd be cool if the background was changed to white or we can change it to any colour we want or maybe add a different picture?
I really like it centered!

Unforgiving Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
I like it but once again I think it might be better if we had more of a variety, Like maybe a city layout. Durem, Akiea, and Barton. It might make it feel more like you're in that city, but thats just my opinion.

10,750 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image

I dont like the background, maybe leave it gray like the rest of site? the posts shouldn't be transparent >.< but centered is nice

Greedy Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm not feeling the transparency in forums. Everywhere else, the middle has a white background... but not in forums?

I don't get it.
I like it centered. Maybe it should still be an option to center it just in case though. But the one issue I had with it is the back ground. Maybe I didn't explore enough to find some way to change it. But the option to change the back ground would be great.

Invisible Inquisitor

11,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
I love it but it breaks guilds SO HARD that I had to deactivate it. crying

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
I like the idea of centered, but the picture bothers me and >> visually when going between posts and other things that are white or lighter then the background it makes it very difficult to read

Eloquent Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
          Krly speaks up!********

I like the idea of having it centered. I have wide screen, so there's always this 300px width space at the right with... nothing

HOWEVER, the problem is the background image. I don't like it, it looks odd, and is hard to read the signatures in the forums. If you could keep it white or something, it would be awesome.
            Or even if you keep the image, it would be better if it doesn't "melt" with the space wetween the posts

Eughh, I really don't like it, everything just seems so compressed. I like the big widecreen! Why don't you just make it a choice for everyone if you do decide to bring it in as a official feature!!! Pweaseee!

Dedicated Gaian

10,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
The site centered-ness is interesting... However, I think I like the ability to switch it back and forth too. Can we keep both? xD

Kaori_luv's Partner

Noble Vampire

I like the centering. Maybe new background pics for it. ::Nods:: Otherwise I like it. ^_^

Fashionable Phantom

I like it centered, though The background should just be white. I use Google Chrome and the image is only on the bottom and everything else is blue.

And I think the navigation should be stretched out over the whole page.
I love it to bits.
It could be a little wider, though.

Star-Crossed Shapeshifter

It looks horrible centered. Your entire site is designed for a non-centered look; you can't just go "oh let's center it" and expect it to look good.

From a design perspective that's just taking a picture and squishing it to fit in a frame. It doesn't work. That's not how it was meant to work and it doesn't look good like that. It's not just the background, the layout was designed for the left-anchored appearance.

Personally, as a designer I think that you ought to be ashamed trying to just do something like that. It's lazy. If you want to give a "visual update" of that nature you'll need to completely rethink the overall design and layout.

So uh, I voted no.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces