Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]

Desirable Shapeshifter

9,925 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Centered Gaia actually hurts my eyes, i think it could be an option under account preferences, but it shouldn't be default. I don't really care too much on the background, I would have cenetred turned off, but it would be a good option for people who want it. PLEASE don't make it default! cry

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The centering looks good on the main site
i'm just not too happy about the background
or the fact that guilds look terrible

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Okikust
Tom6823
Just to let you know I found a bug with the centering thing. I hope I'm not the hundredth person telling you. Anyway when the site is centered there is a glitch with the gifting items in which the window pops up in the background instead of the foreground making it impossible to do anything but refresh the page. After turning centering off, it worked again.
They said there were gonna be bugs. o-o and its just a demo. its also hard to use guild and inventory quick links. so they'll work it out.

I'm sure they will, that's why I was telling them about it.

4,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Brandisher 100

I do think the centered works, but should be given the choice and choice on background.

Wealthy Capitalist

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
It looks nice, but my browser kept crashing when I used it, until I deactivated it. I use Firefox, so I don't know it it's just me.

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Citizen 200
I really like the center-ish-ness smile Plus, we'll have a background pic in it all; nothing wrong I see here other than the fact that it zoomed out for mine; still can read, but might be trouble to others? Still like smile
I like it. Especially the color scheme of the background art.

Unfortunately, I had to deactivate it to solve the Inventory glitch.
Lakrotsie
neko no kago
Love it. But I'm having the same problem as several others. You can't access your wardrobe or the item options in your inventory.

I also noticed that problem. It darkens the whole screen,and it unables to sell,equipt or open the item trough the inventory.
User Image
It's a nice idea, but I like the site better how it is.
Centering it and having a backround makes the actual site smaller. To me it seems too cluttered.

I voted no on centering the site, but if this does become a permanent feature please have an option to turn it off.
cute!
I like it centered!
I chose "let us choose from several backgrounds" because it was the closest answer to what I suggest. I think centering the site would be cool if you expanded the centered area a bit.

Also, if you are going to do it I think it will look stupid if the header doesn't match the background so I think that the background should change with each area you enter like the header does.
It could provide a cool 'in the center of gaia' effect, like an atmospheric kind of thing.
I love it centered!
I do agree that maybe the header should change with the background and the choice in backgrounds~

Magical Hobo

I love it, but I think that we should have the options of turning it off AND choosing the background. 3nodding

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I like the centering but I had to turn it off because it effects the ability to sell items in inventory. The gray pops up like usual but instead of the little box coming up above the grey, it stays behind the grey so the item can't be sold, or even anything done with the item. You can't even close the item.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Stubborn Explorer

15,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I like the centering, it looks neater. It's better than having the random empty space on the sides, but I do agree with perhaps making it wider? And furthering the places that it's transparent? I feel like if it's going to be transparent in most places, it should be transparent in all places. If that happens though, I can see problems with what color the text may end up being; it would have to be something that could be seen well on white and black backgrounds and, of course, everything in between. I'm sure the other glitches and problems are being commented on... I think it's a nice idea though. I like how it's a bit more compact.

And maybe, if it is transparent in most places, at least keep the bubbles white so that people can use their own unique signatures and fonts and colors. :]

Demonic Sex Symbol

3,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
  • Novice Healer 150
Works in Google chrome, and I love it =]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers