Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

I really like this, at first the centering needs getting adjusted too, but it kind of reminds me of Go-Gaia, it's a lot more fun to look at, the feel of it is much better and plus it's not all white like Gaia currently is.

What would really make it an improvement is that if Gaia centering is used then maybe we can get several backgrounds to choose from, or there's a new background for every month to do with the monthly collectables, perhaps a Coco and Kiki background etc.

Me myself would love to create a starry night background, I think dark blue night sky colours go very well with Gaia.
It'd be a good idea, but the fact that there's only one possible choice is rather annoying. There should be a selection of backgrounds in which users get to chose from, depending on their likings, and if not possible, let them chose and make their own as an option in preferences menu. Static or motion fixed could be other possible options...
But, that's up to you guys...but it's a good idea anyways...
Works like a charm and looks beautiful :3

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
Okay, I have to say that centering is nice, but it's done well
The blue, obvious, blatant letter-boxing in an obnoxious bright blue looks awful and doesn't match any of the site at all. If you could do it with the dark that they use the edges with un-centered, it would be so much better
I would really HATE to have Gaia centered personally, so it would be wonderful if it remained an option, like this, for the people that want it and not something we'd have to deal with for the people who don't ^v^

Centered reminds me too much of Solia >v>
And yeah the background is making it a bit difficult t read the bottom links and is making forums look weird, right now.
C h e i l o

User ImageUser Image

Eh, I like it a little..
But it could get better.
I'm so used to having it on the side it doesn't bother me..

S y r i n g e

O.G. Strawberry

I didn't like this feature too much, made everything I was looking at for Gaia seem to get smaller in my opinion. Not having centered makes the pages bigger, specially for the forums.

Hygienic Lover

I like it, but like others said the background is distracting. Doesn't feel as cozy, if that makes any sense. The dark blue criss-cross/checkered pattern that is normal feels good, that darker color. If that was on either side with the site centered I think it would be really nice, but the light blue just feels so empty!

You could also offer options for different screens though, to keep the same formatting but make the site look better for each person's specific computer.

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
This is a nice feature, but I thought that the fieldy background was a bit bland for me... Maybe we could get the ability to choose what we want in that empty space?
i like it . looking at the site like that gave me a headache.
but the background hurts my eyes. might be better if we could choose the background.

Avaykn's Darling

Smol Cutie-Pie

:: ♫ Oh rubber ducky, oh rubber ducky ♫ ::

I liked the centering, but I feel like the background is lagging me.
I'm not really fond of a picture because everyone likes different things.
It was better when it was just white/solid color... no one can b***h about it... as much.

:: ♫ Will you be the prince I'm looking for ~ ♫ ::

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
NO~! I don't like it.

Aged Elder

12,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
TH_Sakura598 says:

I don't like it all that much.
I think that's mainly because I've gotten really used to how Gaia's been
[using firefox]
Blue background with a white background for posts
Don't like that either >.<
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
As stated before, you guys might want to work on the transparencies, especially down at the bottom of th epage, aside from that I love it!

Fashionable Millionaire

I like it centered, but I can't read a thing on the threads. If the threads stay with the plain white background I will be happy with it centered, but it looks so strange the way it is in the lab.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff