Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should the site be centered

yes 0.09838977030547 9.8% [ 831 ]
yes - but give us an option to turn it off 0.31245560028416 31.2% [ 2639 ]
yes - but limit it to certain sections of the site 0.021548662088563 2.2% [ 182 ]
yes - but let us choose from several backgrounds 0.45595548188492 45.6% [ 3851 ]
no 0.11165048543689 11.2% [ 943 ]
Total Votes:[ 8446 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

3,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I felt that Gaia could do with a visual update so I centered the site. Feel free to comment on whether you like it, would only have it on certain pages or would rather do without it. While surfing Gaia in its centered form you'll most likely see some visual bugs. These will be addressed if we ever decide to permanently center the site.

The background right now is a placeholder. Once I figure out a good enough bribe I will get an artist to work on something awesome. So don't let the current graphic sway your decision.

UPDATE:
The forums currently has a bug and is not suppose to appear as it does.
sorry guys edited the poll to provide more options. please vote again if you get a chance

UPDATE 1/13/10
changed the background to one that integrates better with the site. carbonphyber fixed the bug in forums

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I love this, and I think the issue I'm having might be browser specific (I'm at work, I have no choice! gonk ), but the amount of transparency bugs me here.

I have no idea how well IE7 is supposed to support transparency, but so far... xP
Might I suggest, when you're ready to select a background that there be a selection or group of backgrounds? That will help users who might have differen monitor resolutions/contrast/brightness than some other lucky ones; they'll be able to choose which works best for them. 3nodding

But that's neither here nor there. I LOVE the idea of centering. I hope we can keep it.
I don't think it's browser-specific, because I'm using Firefox.

Yeah...it's great, but my only beef is with the blue background replacing the white and making threads look pretty bad. As long as the center of the image is white/thread posts were inside a box like everything else, it would be fine. Need some background for the bottom links, too, since they're hardly visible.

Eloquent Kitten

10,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
It doesn't seem to be browser specific. I tried it in both Firefox and IE and had problems with transparency.

Taking the bugs aside, it seems interresting, but the bugs distract me from some specifics I wish to pay attention to.

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
YAY! It's about time it's centered. I agree with the whole blue background messing with certain things though.

I'm using Firefox as well.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I like the idea of centering the site, but the big flower picture background is pretty, uh. Questionable. I turned it off pretty quickly.
Love the centering, just need to fix that white-halo effect around the text in threads. It does make it odd.

Iori Asakura's Husband

Newbie Noob

jujuzita
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Centered is definitely better!
No, please no. The centered site makes it so confusing to me...
I think it's nice, but, like mentioned, the blue keeps replacing the white.
Also, the links at the bottom are harder to see.
It's very pretty though 3nodding
this one is decent.
3nodding

Dangerous Hunter

8,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
--------------------------------
~Okami Shiranui~

[It's a pretty neat feature since all the content is now narrowed like some other Forum Sites.]

~The Silent Savior~

User ImageUser Image
Just wanted to say that center site stuff is cool, i like =)

iiRaZi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces