Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Guildswoman

Dinala1641882
jellykans

Not happy. People are trying it and saying it disables the toggle, that once you try it you are stuck with it. Also - the button is in the wrong place. You would have to page up to the button and page back down to the tank to play bg. I have a laggy laptop, and do believe me the lag really shows when I try to page up or page down on a page full of tanks.

Rethink this one.
User ImageUser Image

you just have to click the button to load the game.
you can turn off tanks in signatures and it will still show up and let you play.

personally i love the feature.
i've had the tanks turned off since it was causing problems for my computers and i missed being able to play.
its nice now to be able to see a tank is glowing.
please make this permanent.

User ImageUser Image

But if you have the tanks turned off in sigs, you only see the ones you play...I guess it's a good thing compared to not being able to play in those threads at all, but I would find it boring to go to a bg thread and only see tanks when I play bg. Also - any toggle should be a two-way thing, not a removal of choice.

pwykersotz's Significant Otter

High-functioning Marshmallow

jellykans
But if you have the tanks turned off in sigs, you only see the ones you play...I guess it's a good thing compared to not being able to play in those threads at all, but I would find it boring to go to a bg thread and only see tanks when I play bg. Also - any toggle should be a two-way thing, not a removal of choice.
User ImageUser Image

you don't have to turn off the tanks in sigs.
this just makes it so that those of us who had issues with lag
are still able to see who is glowing when we turn of tanks.

also i just turned it off and the buttons went away.
when i turned it back on, they came back.

not sure what you mean by it being a removal of choice.

User ImageUser Image

Playful Guildswoman

Dinala1641882
jellykans
User ImageUser Image

you don't have to turn off the tanks in sigs.
this just makes it so that those of us who had issues with lag
are still able to see who is glowing when we turn of tanks.

also i just turned it off and the buttons went away.
when i turned it back on, they came back.

not sure what you mean by it being a removal of choice.

User ImageUser Image

I haven't used it yet myself, only played bg once or twice today, it was a conversation on one of the threads - other folks I'd told about the button were being frustrated with it.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
does the glowing button replace the tank in people's signatures? seeing a glowing tank is a lot more noticeable than a button. i think i'd miss the button. maybe make it a different color, or be flashing or something? and if u're gonna make this feature be permanent and not an option for those who wanna still see tanks in the signatures, then please make the glowing button able to be seen in guilds too. another problem of just seeing a button is u don't see what fish the person has in their tank til after u enter it. but i guess for ppl with lag, that doesn't matter.

Dapper Tycoon

14,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Unbeatable Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I LOVE IT gloww meee

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
thepizzaismine
KitsunEva
I thought it would be more indicative of the time left before the tank glows (like a meter, instead of a button), but since it's a button...

would the button just appear when it's glowing and not be there otherwise or will it be there idle until it's glowing and then become active?

When I was in this thread Merina Lopez had a glowing booty grab tank.
First, I activated this lab and refreshed the thread.
The "GLOWING" button appeared.
Then I went to my user settings, and turned off all tanks in signatures.
Again I refreshed this thread and Merina Lopez's reply still had the "GLOWING" button by it, even though her tank was not in her signature any more.

So far, this works 100%
um...this neither answers my question nor addresses my concerns...but thatnks for the unrelated issue 3nodding

8,050 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
KitsunEva
um...this neither answers my question nor addresses my concerns...but thatnks for the unrelated issue 3nodding

*cough*
I'm sorry to have to spell things out for you but.... It's not there when the tank is not glowing and just activities when the tank is glowing.

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
thepizzaismine
KitsunEva

*cough*
I'm sorry to have to spell things out for you but.... It's not there when the tank is not glowing and just activities when the tank is glowing.
no need to get all pompus about it stare not like i use the danged thing....i rarely if ever booty grab at all, so excuse me for wondering how a feature works since it will be implemented as a permanent feature

frankly, if this is the case, i'd rather the button be there idle until glowing time :/ that way you can tell those who care who will use it because they invest in their tank and those are the people to watch for separate from those who don't mind if their tank is played or not

might be a bit more complicated to have those who don't invest in it to have the button apear and those who do to have it idle, but anyway, that's my two bits

8,050 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
KitsunEva
thepizzaismine
KitsunEva

*cough*
no need to get all pompus about it stare not like i use the danged thing....i rarely if ever booty grab at all, so excuse me for wondering how a feature works since it will be implemented as a permanent feature

frankly, if this is the case, i'd rather the button be there idle until glowing time :/ that way you can tell those who care who will use it because they invest in their tank and those are the people to watch for separate from those who don't mind if their tank is played or not

might be a bit more complicated to have those who don't invest in it to have the button apear and those who do to have it idle, but anyway, that's my two bits

I agree with you about the button having an Idle indicator, or some kind of meeter that shows when the tank is about to be full. But yeah... that would be complicated and since this is still just in the development phase... oh well.

And you wouldn't get a uppity reply if you didn't leave an uppity comment. wink

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
thepizzaismine
KitsunEva
thepizzaismine
KitsunEva

*cough*

I agree with you about the button having an Idle indicator, or some kind of meeter that shows when the tank is about to be full. But yeah... that would be complicated and since this is still just in the development phase... oh well.

And you wouldn't get a uppity reply if you didn't leave an uppity comment. wink
sorry, your irrelivant quote is what got me...but i was nice about it, you however, wern't :/

i guess the only way their "indicator" would be an actual indicator is if they made a flash button with the meter...but i suppose that's what they're trying to avoid for lag
i wouldn't know too much on this issue to come up with better solutions, unfortunately

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/glowing-grunnies-wolves-lawnsharks/t.54136871_35101/#35112

Sweet Moonbeam has a glowing button, but the analyzer says her tank stopped glowing 14 minutes ago.
great idea! It will reduce more lag on my computer.

but I see the glowing button, but there is no tank appearing when I click on it....

Simply Keira's Husband

Hitched Partner

I hate it. It messes with the toggle that I liked to use.
And when will we get a way to disable tips? I hate those. They fill up the notices with useless information.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff