Welcome to Gaia! ::

Excitable Enabler

19,575 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Romantic Cheerleader

Kill Hybrid
Getting a lot of false positives lately. The button is almost useless for me at this point sweatdrop

Is it the Button or the Glow Indicator Script?

I'm more curious then anything because I haven't seen any problems with the glowing button but I did see a false glowing on the script that tells people if something is glowing (above) - I wonder if a tank can glow without any fishies glowing? That would be kinda on the weird side...

I do know, that the glow script will show someone's tank glowing with a goldfish in it BUT goldfish don't really glow SO it tricked me several times in a guild I bump and grab in (see siggy) as the page is loading, her tank with one goldfish will set the glowing script to glowing now and I can't play because they don't give gold. Caught me off guard several times so I let the whole page load now or at least until I see the tank is really glowing for certain.

Hope that made sense...

I Love the Glow Button from Labs though - I'm sorry you had a bad experience - Pan needs to know the time, date, thread, post, etc. in order to find it in the codes to find out what went wrong - plus the time zone when you put the time. If you see happen again, post it here and ask Pan to take a look - he's really nice about that - but with all the codes, he needs all those details.

EDITED: OH NO - PANAGRAMMIC!!!!

I see the same thing with the Glow button as the Glowing Script - it will allow a tank with one gold fish in it to set the glowing button to Glowing (and it is in the Glowing Script) - even though gold fish don't give gold or trigger a BG game - both tanks I saw this in - one in a thread and one in a guild had just one lonely goldfish in it. It tricks me. Thanks so much ^-^

Is this something that is easy to fix?

mean mina's Husband

Sexy Trash

31,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Married 100
BrilliantBlueStar
Kill Hybrid
Getting a lot of false positives lately. The button is almost useless for me at this point sweatdrop

I'm more curious then anything because I haven't seen any problems with the glowing button but I did see a false glowing on the script that tells people if something is glowing (above) - I wonder if a tank can glow without any fishies glowing? That would be kinda on the weird side...

I do know, that the glow script will show someone's tank glowing with a goldfish in it BUT goldfish don't really glow SO it tricked me several times in a guild I bump and grab in (see siggy) as the page is loading, her tank with one goldfish will set the glowing script to glowing now and I can't play because they don't give gold. Caught me off guard several times so I let the whole page load now or at least until I see the tank is really glowing for certain.

Hope that made sense...

I Love the Glow Button from Labs though - I'm sorry you had a bad experience - Pan needs to know the time, date, thread, post, etc. in order to find it in the codes to find out what went wrong - plus the time zone when you put the time. If you see happen again, post it here and ask Pan to take a look - he's really nice about that - but with all the codes, he needs all those details.

It worked fine for me for a few weeks, but in the past few days has started showing the "Glowing" button for tanks that don't appear to be glowing. I've refreshed the page, even did a hard refresh and the button will still show, but the aquarium won't have any glowing fish. I figured I was just too slow filling out the captcha or something until it was happening every single time.

I guess I'll put together the information if I happen across it again.

Romantic Cheerleader

Kill Hybrid
BrilliantBlueStar
Kill Hybrid

Hope that made sense...

It worked fine for me for a few weeks, but in the past few days has started showing the "Glowing" button for tanks that don't appear to be glowing. I've refreshed the page, even did a hard refresh and the button will still show, but the aquarium won't have any glowing fish. I figured I was just too slow filling out the captcha or something until it was happening every single time.

I guess I'll put together the information if I happen across it again.

Yeah, I just found one myself and edited my post above - sorry I didn't write my edit fast enough lol while you quoted me. Maybe he'll see my red font and read the issue. Thanks though!! heart

Dangerous Hunter

15,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
One sure way to get Pan to notice something is to send him a polite PM about the problem.

I too have seen numerous and continued false positives of glows triggered with goldfish in tanks.

Romantic Cheerleader

zariqueen
One sure way to get Pan to notice something is to send him a polite PM about the problem.

I too have seen numerous and continued false positives of glows triggered with goldfish in tanks.

I took your advice but it is still in my outbox. I guess he doesn't want feedback issues from just anyone - blue peon like me anyway.

Destitute Puppy

Hey prag, just thought I'd throw down some support if theres any ideas kicking around about removing a certain websites analysis images from signatures...

Also requesting/supporting a "glow time/player indicator" bubble when hovering the mouse over the glowing button

Also, to go along with the signature idea, how about a glow-button option for sigs? I know its the same as having it at the top of the post, but it just seems "right" to have it as a sig option, a low-lag "im glowing" alternative to having the aquarium snapshot in the sig

perhaps also, later on, an addition to the timer to allow users to add a glowing button into posts, perhaps more than 1, but no more than 5 per post or something?

I have another suggestion, its more for gameplay with the changes planned...it's probably already been suggested, and if so then I support it... anyhoo, a "player bonus drop" ...chances 1/30 of a 2x bonus, 1/150 of a 3x bonus, 1/400 for a 4x bonus

Any attention to this post or grammer corrections appreciated, keep up the good work ;D

Dangerous Fatcat

8,700 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Merina Lopez
Great idea! I actually love it since I'm a booty grab addict! ^^

edit: I'm the first one to post?! O.O Sweetness! biggrin

who did this and how much did it cost??

Mega Hoarder

I canno longer see tanks in sigs - is that how its supposed to be?

Also, I don't understand where the controls for this are.

Romantic Cheerleader

When you go to account settings, on that page itself is a place to check (or toggle) on / off if you want to see Marai and Barrett's PMs on a daily basis telling you how many plays you had and how much gold you and the player got and averaged.

Then, a 2nd place, is when you press the down-arrow menu at the last button (gear wheel), you can click on Feeds. The last one is the one you may adjust for other notifications that include aquariums. That is what you were originally talking about - but mine were fine and still I wasn't receiving my notices.

So, when I pressed the down-arrow menu on the last button (gear wheel) - a 3rd place, I clicked on Gaia Notices and I had NOT checked ON (or toggled the check box to on) where it said aquarium health and this might be where some of the others were having problems not seeing the notices like me.

I'm just letting you know there are 3 places, for some people, that need to be checked if they want to, and are either having trouble seeing notices of when their temporary glow will be (they may adjust the feeds how they wish - higher or lower) and the PMs are a separate issue from this new temporary glow notice.

So, please don't think I'm sounding like a know-it-all, because I had to ask a nice person to find out about my unchecked box under Gaia Notifications for Aquarium Health myself and just wanted to share it with others.

Tipsy Genius

15,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Hey Pan,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the players on the button is a pretty awesome way for owners to see how their tank is doing when they post! Great job whomever suggested that one!

Romantic Cheerleader

RafiCat

Off subject, but clicking on MY Gaia, Click on Account Settings, There on the left side of the page is a place to pick what you see in signatures and what others see - except for guilds - guilds can turn signatures on or off - it just depends on what their goal is.

A reason they would toggle it off, would allow the pages to load faster and be less laggy - that is one reason in guilds, when they build their tank libraries, they will want your bump glow thread info, etc. to put it in the post. Hope this makes sense and is helpful!!

Romantic Cheerleader

Ravenloue
Hey Pan,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the players on the button is a pretty awesome way for owners to see how their tank is doing when they post! Great job whomever suggested that one!

Yes, ditto, I love the change in putting the number of players on the glowing button from labs!!!

Thanks heart

Mega Hoarder

BrilliantBlueStar
RafiCat

Off subject, but clicking on MY Gaia, Click on Account Settings, There on the left side of the page is a place to pick what you see in signatures and what others see - except for guilds - guilds can turn signatures on or off - it just depends on what their goal is.

A reason they would toggle it off, would allow the pages to load faster and be less laggy - that is one reason in guilds, when they build their tank libraries, they will want your bump glow thread info, etc. to put it in the post. Hope this makes sense and is helpful!!

I don't see how it's off topic. Anyway, I already had selected to show users tanks. And never had a problem before. But now none of them show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff