Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
I'm trying to get the hang of it, however... what grinds my gears is this.

The amount of gold spent trying to get certain items is more then the finished item is actually worth.
And yet I would get no credit buying it, I'm stuck spending over 20k on an item that's only worth seven.

Is it worth it? Really?
I'm level one... what perks do level two and higher get?
And the ingredients... why must they be so expensive when the outcome is not?
Take the twin snake shoulder pads for example. 7k for one item, but when you have three items to get that cost that just ain't fair.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Nyx Hemera

The amount of gold spent trying to get certain items is more then the finished item is actually worth.
And yet I would get no credit buying it, I'm stuck spending over 20k on an item that's only worth seven.

Is it worth it? Really?
Take the twin snake shoulder pads for example. 7k for one item, but when you have three items to get that cost that just ain't fair.
I totally admit. I stopped doing it aswell. It just takes waaaaaaaaay too much gold. I don't think it's worth it, though.

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Blakie-kun
Nyx Hemera

Is it worth it? Really?
I totally admit. I stopped doing it aswell. It just takes waaaaaaaaay too much gold. I don't think it's worth it, though.

Guys, this hasn't really been out all that long.
I mean it is new.
I'm not saying don't give up, but this hasn't even seen a full month yet.
It's not gonna come out perfect.
Of course things are gonna go up in MP because that just the oppurtunity to get more for these common things you can just get on your own.

Not trying to sound cheesy, but they did say this was gonna be timely and costly.
I know we all wanna rush into what's new and get what we can, but the point behind this isn't the greed.
Like real alchemist do, its for the challenge.
This point of this is to have you scavage all around the world of Gaia, literally and to get back into the previous things the site had to offer.

-The zOMG, for the drops, so if you didn't get into the early or at all, of course it's gonna be hard now.

-Gaia is trying to take us back to Fishing as you can see, which takes patience on it's own.

-Slots or Blackjack for Tickets

-Towns for trash, bugs, and flowers

-Credit from playing Word Bump

-Pancakes from the Housing Shop on Gaia

And more.

And, if anyone hasn't noticed, these all really STARTING ITEMS you get when you first get into the games on here. ALL these items you get in the begining of these games are used to make probably the most important formula in Alchemy, which is the Golden Giftboxes.

-You get things like Pink Flamingo Feathers, Wing Tree Leaf, and Plastic on the FIRST real level of the zOMG. Village Greens. Anyone who would have gotten into the zOMG would have had these things already. And, if you still play it it shouldn't be a problem to get now. They even have people there just WAITING to help newer people. You don't have to go far to even get these.

-You'd have things like guppies and goldfish, Tires, Old Cans, and Boots, if you were already well and good into Fishing because it's something EVERYONE had to get. And, if you had just kept fishing, you'd have a ton by now. That goes for fish AND trash.

-Slots and Blackjack always provided Tickets and have been useful up to this day for things from the Prize and Joy shop, which Gaia tends to put new things in with just about every shop update.

-Towns has always been here and bugs, trash, and flowers may not have SEEMED useful, but Gaia has be hinting on slowly. The introduction of the Skin Tyte shop and using bugs from town to make skin dyes, which people have been wanting for the longest, until they came out.

-The credit from Word Bump was given, if you got into the game. As well as good amounts of gold JUST for SPELLING words quick enough. I don't know how easy that can get.

If ANYONE had just kept playing these games and just doing that, along with the discount Gaia had on the Golden Giftboxes when they were limited, I'm sure they would have had a TON of Golden Giftboxes by now.

Alchemy is just a hint that tells you to get back into the site for something new and interesting at your own cost.
They already said it was gonna take up gold, so this being like this isn't really much of a surprise.
Do what you can, work the Marketplace for vending, if you know how because it DOES come in handy, stop expecting to succeed all the time, because the concept here is to lose and you MIGHT gain.
This isn't guranteed.
As for as gold prices for things, that depends on the people you deal with and the fact that this has only REALLY just started.
So, it's not gonna come out perfect.
If you find a way to be fast with it, then that's good for you.
But, you take away what little fun, if you have that, you COULD be having with the concept of what's going on here.
And, you only mess it up more, if you have no patience with things like this and you just rush through.
If you do rush through, just... wait.
If not, go at it, have fun.

Stop being tempted to trot through and just buy these things.
WORK for them.
Go to the games, have fun with them.
Go in groups, if you have to.
One of the only reasons people are just giving up so quickly is because to make these simple things, it takes "way too much gold" for you and they are using comopnent from games you stopped playing and probably thought were dumb as this site when was coming along and newer things came out.
And, now it's haunting you.
If you can't see the hint of just playing these games to get what you need, instead of buying, or getting mad at overpriced, and is still gonna be impatient with it, then hey.
There is SO much to do on Gaia now and if you're bored and still say you have nothing to do or don't wanna get into what they have because you think its dumb, then that no one's fault, but you own.

There aren't enough people who know what one is or that you have to to get anywhere.
And, if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's called "sacrifice."
You have to give something up and you're not always gonna get something up to par with what you gave.
Gotta learn that to get anywhere in life, as well as alchemy.
Don't mess up the fun for yourself by thinking or these trival prices of things, this and that.
Stop trying to have a competition with yourself.

So, try your best to kick back and have fun.
That's all this is suppose to be.
Fun.

c :

Hesitant Hero

14,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
But there's a difference between releasing a new system that isn't perfect right off the bat, and releasing a system that totally ******** up the rest of the site for users who just genuinely wanted the items you need for formulas, but can't have them because there aren't enough of them or their prices have skyrocketed.

You're only taking into account the Giftbox formula. Other formulas require items from RIGs, which are limited in supply. Or they require new ingredients that are being rewarded way too rarely for this system to work.

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Rise of the Ogre
But there's a difference between releasing a new system that isn't perfect right off the bat, and releasing a system that totally ******** up the rest of the site for users who just genuinely wanted the items you need for formulas, but can't have them because there aren't enough of them or their prices have skyrocketed.

You're only taking into account the Giftbox formula. Other formulas require items from RIGs, which are limited in supply. Or they require new ingredients that are being rewarded way too rarely for this system to work.

Then, you go about things that best you can.
You know what to do and you shouldn't trip over what you can't do.
Mentally, are you better off thinking about what you can do, rather than complaining about what you can't or is in the way?
Gaia has gone upon update after update for a LOT of things.
This isn't gonna be like this forever.
This is a WHOLE new concept introduced to the site, which means as the site grows and gets better or moves along, so will the concept.
Do what you can NOW.
Worry about what you can't later and be patient.
It doesn't help you to sit in that because it's gonna come to you when it's gonna come.
All YOU do is keep yourself busy with work, so you don't have to worry about that.
And, if you're done and can't get anything... then what can you seriously do about that?
Why waste you time with wasting away at that thought?

Unbeatable Genius

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
JapanUnderground
Blakie-kun
Nyx Hemera

Is it worth it? Really?

Guys, this hasn't really been out all that long.
I mean it is new.
I'm not saying don't give up, but this hasn't even seen a full month yet.
It's not gonna come out perfect.
Of course things are gonna go up in MP because that just the oppurtunity to get more for these common things you can just get on your own.

Not trying to sound cheesy, but they did say this was gonna be timely and costly.
I know we all wanna rush into what's new and get what we can, but the point behind this isn't the greed.
Like real alchemist do, its for the challenge.
The point of this is to have you scavage all around the world of Gaia, literally and to get back into the previous things the site had to offer.

-The zOMG, for the drops, so if you didn't get into the early or at all, of course it's gonna be hard now.

-Gaia is trying to take us back to Fishing as you can see, which takes patience on it's own.

-Slots or Blackjack for Tickets

-Towns for trash, bugs, and flowers

-Credit from playing Word Bump

-Pancakes from the Housing Shop on Gaia

And more.

And, if anyone hasn't noticed, these all really STARTING ITEMS you get when you first get into the games on here. ALL these items you get in the begining of these games are used to make probably the most important formula in Alchemy, which is the Golden Giftboxes.

-You get things like Pink Flamingo Feathers, Wing Tree Leaf, and Plastic on the FIRST real level of the zOMG. Village Greens. Anyone who would have gotten into the zOMG would have had these things already. And, if you still play it it shouldn't be a problem to get now. They even have people there just WAITING to help newer people. You don't have to go far to even get these.

-You'd have things like guppies and goldfish, Tires, Old Cans, and Boots, if you were already well and good into Fishing because it's something EVERYONE had to get. And, if you had just kept fishing, you'd have a ton by now. That goes for fish AND trash.

-Slots and Blackjack always provided Tickets and have been useful up to this day for things from the Prize and Joy shop, which Gaia tends to put new things in with just about every shop update.

-Towns has always been here and bugs, trash, and flowers may not have SEEMED useful, but Gaia has be hinting on slowly. The introduction of the Skin Tyte shop and using bugs from town to make skin dyes, which people have been wanting for the longest, until they came out.

-The credit from Word Bump was given, if you got into the game. As well as good amounts of gold JUST for SPELLING words quick enough. I don't know how easy that can get.

If ANYONE had just kept playing these games and just doing that, along with the discount Gaia had on the Golden Giftboxes when they were limited, I'm sure they would have had a TON of Golden Giftboxes by now.

Alchemy is just a hint that tells you to get back into the site for something new and interesting at your own cost.
They already said it was gonna take up gold, so this being like this isn't really much of a surprise.
Do what you can, work the Marketplace for vending, if you know how because it DOES come in handy, stop expecting to succeed all the time, because the concept here is to lose and you MIGHT gain.
This isn't guranteed.
As for as gold prices for things, that depends on the people you deal with and the fact that this has only REALLY just started.
So, it's not gonna come out perfect.
If you find a way to be fast with it, then that's good for you.
But, you take away what little fun, if you have that, you COULD be having with the concept of what's going on here.
And, you only mess it up more, if you have no patience with things like this and you just rush through.
If you do rush through, just... wait.
If not, go at it, have fun.

Stop being tempted to trot through and just buy these things.
WORK for them.
Go to the games, have fun with them.
Go in groups, if you have to.
One of the only reasons people are just giving up so quickly is because to make these simple things, it takes "way too much gold" for you and they are using comopnents from games you stopped playing and probably thought were dumb as this site was coming along and newer things came out.
And, now it's haunting you.
If you can't see the hint of just playing these games to get what you need, instead of buying, or getting mad at overpriced items, and you're still gonna be impatient with it, then hey.
There is SO much to do on Gaia now and if you're bored and still say you have nothing to do or don't wanna get into what they have because you think its dumb, then that no one's fault, but you own.

There aren't enough people who know what one is or that you have to do get anywhere.
And, if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's called "sacrifice."
You have to give something up and you're not always gonna get something up to par with what you gave.
Gotta learn that to get anywhere in life, as well as alchemy.
Don't mess up the fun for yourself by thinking of these trival prices of things, this and that.
Stop trying to have a competition with yourself.

So, try your best to kick back and have fun.
That's all this is suppose to be.
Fun.

c :

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
KUDO'S to YOU Japan xd you hit it right on the head! LOL

Those who HAVE taken advantage of all the small games THAT COST RELATIVELY NOTHING but a bait or two, an upgraded fishing pole, AND LOTS OF EFFORT by doing the small things, have really made out pretty well at least for now smile . I found that my huge stash of flowers and papers just sitting in my inventory for over three years, finally became pretty profitable. Even NOW after they took away the limited Golden box formula, you can STILL buy the regular one in Bifrost for 5K, and they made the options of the limited one PERMANENT on THERE, and 5K is pretty cheap compared to how much you could make in profit with by getting the required ingredients FOR FREE in towns, and the first level of zOMG, and the easiest lake and the easiest fish to catch in Bassken. Getting back to the basics, for those who DON'T have access to Gaia Cash, but need a good source of income. But you have to WORK for it, like most of us did.

Even TICKETS are FREE without expending anything more than playing the TILES minigame ... you don't even NEED tokens when you play that (like slots or cards require). If you know where to go in towns and how long to stay there, you can pick up ALOT of stuff for FREE ... instead of paying 300g for a flower xd . Of course, some people with money to burn will buy them at that price, but hey that is ok, when you know you have a very inexpensive alternative. (word of caution-- don't use the bug option of the golden giftbox to make it .... you need bugs for inks that are a part of some of the formulas, and inks make tattoos, which are in some of the formulas too wink ).

I'm going to use this to my advantage on whatever level I get to ... I don't care if I NEVER get up there ... lol it's working out just fine for me making giftboxes and orb aggregates xd .

And I've found, while waiting for the ingredients that haven't shown up yet, that you can make enough formula 1's to get you to LEVEL 3 ... just by doing the golden gift box, and orb aggregates, both level 1 formulas. After that, it no longer gives you XP points, but hey that is ok, orb aggregates are a key component in alot of formulas, so I'll just either save them for later, or sell them for some gold wink .

10,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
ive thought of this lots and lots many times
and when i first started, i was all like:
i give up, theres no point etc.

but now i see......
it is a little over to make this and that
but when enough people are done, itll neutralize
besides it is kinda fun
and the more you make the higher level you get

take lace meow for example....
you cant get it unless your level nine
you cant get it anywhere else (unless its crazy expensive mp)
you make it with a kottan bell, which at that level can already be alchemized at that level
its all about making things you like
or things that will be used later to make things you like :]
sure its a little crazy now
but itll get better
zomg was like this when it first started XD

if you also work with friends its EVEN MORE interesting
as you use each other's items
borrow them, give them, use them even from random strangers you beg from
its kinda bringin gaia closer and making us play those other games
to point out, thats why they decreased the money count on zomg
just wait, it has barely started..........
watch as it grows and itll be stable soon ;D

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
*Groans* Guys, seriously, no one said this would be easy, non-expensive and non-time consuming. And it doesn't take up THAT much gold really, but it all depends on your point of view ya know. But if you do formulas like orb aggregate and stuff then you're gaining gold while collect ingrediants right? And mainly the only way it takes up your gold is whether you keep on failing in making it or if you go to the Marketplace.

Anyway, no one wants to hear you complain your heart out. Naturally I can't get you to like this, even though it's fun and some people like me are doing it for the items, and it's a new thing too for heaven's sake. But if youd on't like it just don't do it, simple enough.

I'm actually secretly happy each time some rage quits... means less competition on the marketplace for items and the prices will drop biggrin Plus, I will be 'worth' more with my super future high alchemy skills xd

Wheezing Lunatic

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

I feel you, OP.

I spent over 150K to make the Drill, but it sells for 27K on the MP. Strangely, I don't really mind. If I have to b***h about something, it's the lack of components for some lvl 1 formulas. That elusive cherub feather...

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
1. Don't do alchemy to make gold, that's like going into acting to try and make a lot of money. It's really unlikely it will happen.

2. It just came out, most of the components will probably be a lot cheaper later on, and easier to make.
Nyx Hemera

Is it worth it? Really?
well if you are spending so much it's because you are going to the mp and buying thecomponents instead of finding them yourself . there is alot of money to be made especially on lvl 1 go to the towns and make golden giftboxes [ sells 250k] total cost 7500g or save the gift boxes and make the philosopher's cache [sells 1.7 mill] or alchemist's case [ sells 4 mill] any formula from enki's catch
DJ Twissta
1. Don't do alchemy to make gold, that's like going into acting to try and make a lot of money. It's really unlikely it will happen.

2. It just came out, most of the components will probably be a lot cheaper later on, and easier to make.

1. I have made 7mil on doing alchemy so you can make money

2. all the components are cheap if you want to take the time

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas