Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Noob

Like I have simple recipes but all the ingredients are so out of my price range...

It doesn't make much sense to me.

&& I was wondering how to get these items easier and cheaper if possible.

THANKS.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
drops are rare and there are many alchemists competing for a very short supply of components to make the items, which are all currently very shiny and new

it's frustrating having to compete with people much richer than oneself in order to get a rare component to make that item you both want...
L Bee
drops are rare and there are many alchemists competing for a very short supply of components to make the items, which are all currently very shiny and new

it's frustrating having to compete with people much richer than oneself in order to get a rare component to make that item you both want...

Ahhh I agree, It's all so new to Gaia. I mean everytime I go into the Alchemy store itself, it rarely has many ingrediants to choose from. People selling the items are insanely high priced and I just don't have that much money to put into a simple craft. I'm crossing my fingers that the prices will decrease once this becomes a regular thing for Gaians. D;

Rogue

suffocating_in_silence
L Bee

Ahhh I agree, It's all so new to Gaia. I mean everytime I go into the Alchemy store itself, it rarely has many ingrediants to choose from. People selling the items are insanely high priced and I just don't have that much money to put into a simple craft. I'm crossing my fingers that the prices will decrease once this becomes a regular thing for Gaians. D;
i doubt it would be in a short time though since new items and formulas are continuously updated
leasfy
suffocating_in_silence
L Bee

i doubt it would be in a short time though since new items and formulas are continuously updated

Ahhh yeah, that's right. So it's going to be a long period of time before the prices start to change anyways. Lovely.

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Erm. Hmm. How to put this... they told us it would be expensive. The exclusivity thing... diehards... et cetera. Anyway, it is ridiculously easy to get gold on this site. Farming on zOMG (even with the cap) gets you 60k a day. That translates to 21,900,000g a year. And free gcash? Everyday? Y'all got this s**t easy. Don't complain.

That said, working on level three myself. Need seven more Fausto's... 400k a recipe, awesome. xD

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Thaedrian
Erm. Hmm. How to put this... they told us it would be expensive. The exclusivity thing... diehards... et cetera.

Nope. No they didn't.

They told us it was going to be a feature that would bring the site togheter. That would make playing old features worth it by using components that you could get from those old games.
It's what we asked for alchemy. A global crafting system. Not what they gave us in the slightest.

Instead they added new components and added them in a way everyone would be forced to get it off other people. Alchemy is either a community effort or it's nothing at all.
They planned for this to be impossible. They planned to pander to the rich masses and say that we asked for this, just like with Dernier Cri when it released. Just like with aquariums. And it sure as hell is obvious that no, this wasn't a misinterpretation.

Anything to shut us up, basically. Alchemy has been rotting for 2 months now, so it's obvious they don't care and their "pushes to make components available weren't just clueless attempts. They were just pretending to try and care.
But in the cash shop the formula is 1 cash and the rest hard to buy biggrin

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
DrQuint
Nope. No they didn't.
Oh, really? Like... here?

Cresento
I must warn you, however, that crafting these items requires a delicate touch and considerable experience. You can't simply jump in and create angelic wings on the first attempt-- to produce the finest items, you'll need to hone your alchemy skills, tolerate failure and likely spend an outrageous amount of Gold.
[Alchemy Release notice]

Or maybe you meant here?

Admin
At early levels, alchemy is not a way to make gold. Any low-level formula will end up costing more to create than to buy on the marketplace due to marketplace dynamics, especially at first.

Look at that! You're completely wrong! rofl

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Thaedrian

Of course I'm wrong.

Gaia can claim whatever they want AFTER the release to justify the state of their features.

BUT... That's different from gaia not sticking to their promises.

Or are you going to tell me anyone would have the guts to say Aquariums is related to fishing after the release of Aquariums? Is zOMG! a player versus player battle system? Is Dernier Crii a "more expensive shop that accommodates the gap between newbie items and millionaires"?

No it's not. None of them were. None of them were what people were asking and expecting of them to be!

You don't remind people of the promises you made or the way you hype features after you get them wrong.

I don't care what they say with whatever you posted. It's all the "lame excuses".

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
DrQuint
Thaedrian

Of course I'm wrong.

Gaia can claim whatever they want AFTER the release to justify the state of their features. That's gaia not sticking to their promises.

Or are you going to tell me anyone would have the guts to say Aquariums is related to fishing after the release of Aquariums? Is zOMG! a player versus player battle system? Is Dernier Crii a "more expensive shop that accommodates the gap between newbie items and millionaires"?

No it's not. None of them were. None of them were what people were asking and expecting of them to be!

You don't remind people of the promises you made or the way you hype features after you get them wrong.
Links? Quotes? Proof?

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Thaedrian
DrQuint
Thaedrian

Of course I'm wrong.

Gaia can claim whatever they want AFTER the release to justify the state of their features. That's gaia not sticking to their promises.

Links? Quotes? Proof?

Okay... I'll humor you...

As an added anedocte, many times on panagrammic's posts the subject of "hardcore users" and the point of alchemy is brought up. interestingly enough, his responses include, more often than not, an artefact of alchemy's supposedly original intent

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-item-alchemy/official-alchemy-q-a-thread-updated-x8/t.74323231/
Quote:
Why Not Make Every Component Available In The Gold Shop?
Because we want many components to be something that you have to do on the site -- as in, play zOMG, play BG, play Word Bump, so on and so forth. This doesn't mean the components are soul bound, but does mean that an actual user had to go and do that activity in order for that component to exist. Components from BG and zOMG are used in formulas today, and there will be more such formulas to come.

Is this claim true?

No.

It.

Is.

Not.

If it were, Alchemy wouldn't have threads like this one.

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
DrQuint
If it were, Alchemy wouldn't have threads like this one.
But they did with the golden giftboxes. It was all easy to farm meterial and eventually you could use the GGBs to make Caches and Cases which would give you formulas or components.

I believe it's at level seven when fabric swatches (see: Bifrost shop) become invaluable to completing the level.

Levels 1 & 2 are easily completed by farming orbs in zOMG. 3 is a bottleneck (where I am currently) and of course when a bunch of users were stuck there everything became ridiculously expensive for awhile. Fausto's formula dropped from 1.7mil to 400k where it's been sitting awhile... well, that's a bit rambly.

As far as I'm concerned, they attempted to do what they had promised. Note the great inflation of August... October? When guppies somehow became 5k each?

Anyway, the answer to threads like this is pretty simple: New stuff is expensive. like buying a video game when it first comes out ($60 for an average 360 game) versus waiting a month ($30 used). There have been posts regarding the prices of components as well. Eventually things will get cheaper as components continue to appear but until then it's down to the diehards. Or at least the people who play zOMG every day. Did I mention the 21mil a year thing here yet? 21mil. Just by playing zOMG everyday to the 60k cap.

I don't know. Maybe you're right and what they promised hasn't been delivered. Still, I see the attempt. I don't expect miracles. Backwings (FINALLY YES WHOO) is enough. And the rest of it will work itself. If memory serves right, there was also a comment on how they're figuring out Alchemy as they go, too. Like any new system it's going to have bugs.

Okay, rambled enough.

Friendly Nerd

6,400 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
I agree this alchemy thing is WAY too expensive and does nothing to bring the site together.

Example: My lvl 1, yes lvl 1, recipe requires toggles. 10 toggles to be exact.

Okay so Toggles seem to ranging anywhere from 25,000 to 60,000 depending on the day one looks for this item.

Funny, when I bid the site pops the warning up....you know the warning that you are far out bidding the store price of the item...ya that message pops up when I buy a Toggle for 25,000 gold.

Quote:
Toggles - Store Price: 10 Gaia Gold

Gaia suggests there is a store somewhere that has Toggles for sale for 10 gold. Please Gaia show me this store that has 10 gold Toggles! Or maybe take down the misleading information and false advertisement. Or at the very least maybe actually make a store with all the alchemy ingredients available.

Otherwise it's just plain rude and unethical. I'd be just as annoyed if Wal-mart advertised $10 paper towel rolls and then charged me $25,000 for the toilet paper they claimed was $10 and I doubt I'm alone there. Would you still buy the paper towels?

Gaia's economy isn't going to get any better this way either. In fact, it seems Gaia seems to be catering only to the few that made billions with Gaia's aquarium tank glitches. Gaia brought us advertisers to this site so they could keep the site free so I know Alchemy isn't just another ploy for me to spend more actual dollars at this site. rolleyes My suggestion to Gaia staffers instituting new areas of the site: Take a class on Supply and Demand!!!!!

So my lvl 1 alchemy item is going to cost me at the very least 250,000 gold assuming I can find toggles for 25k which given they're current rarity is unlikely to happen and so me continuing with Alchemy isn't likely to happen either.

As far as I'm concerned Gaia not only didn't do what they said they were going to do but they also took a potentially great idea and flushed it down their toilet.

Oh, well...

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Thaedrian
Erm. Hmm. How to put this... they told us it would be expensive. The exclusivity thing... diehards... et cetera. Anyway, it is ridiculously easy to get gold on this site. Farming on zOMG (even with the cap) gets you 60k a day. That translates to 21,900,000g a year. And free gcash? Everyday? Y'all got this s**t easy. Don't complain.

That said, working on level three myself. Need seven more Fausto's... 400k a recipe, awesome. xD
I asked the first level 10 how much it costed him to get where he is, he said it was about 100m gold. I asked the fifth person how much it costed her to get where she is, and she said 70-90m. So I'm sure as time goes on the cost to reach level 10 will get cheaper and cheaper. If it still took 100m to reach level 10 then you would probably have to farm for five years straight. But since it gets cheaper it might only take 1-3 years to reach level 10 for the rest of us who aren't obscenely rich.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff