Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impassioned Misfit

Hi y'all. With the new Formula RIG in GoFusion, I lucked out and pulled a Celestial Quest Inizio out of my second Scroll! I was very surprised. I'm looking for advice on what I should do with it: make it or sell it. On one hand, I've always liked the idea of making a pair of wings; I'd feel a little bad, giving up such an opportunity. But on the other, I'm not as enamored with these wings as I used to be and I could maybe help someone achieve their dream while making a nice buck myself.
Here are some questions I'm considering and would like to hear feedback on:

- How much would it cost to go through and actually craft this pair of wings, using current MP data?
- How intense is completing this quest in actuality? Is it worth it?
- How much does this formula usually sell for (haven't looked at MP yet)?
- Is there a large amount of users after this formula? Is it in high demand?
- If I were to sell it, how should I do it? Someone suggested I open a bid on it.

And finally, the reason you probably came here - are you interested in this formula?

Karsuki's Wife

Master Conventioneer

37,575 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Conventioneer 300
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Hello, I might be able to help you a bit.
1) The first thing is have you leveled at all in alchemy. This will take forever. But in order to craft everything for the backwings formula you'll pretty much level up. It also takes A LOT of gold, time and effort. The biggest items for that particular quest are White Body Dye, Diamondback Lionfish, 10x Great Monarches, and 5x of each Angelic Furniture. If you're looking to make gold, just sell the formula. No one really cares about the "Alchemized" Wings. Only the achievement.

2) The quest is very intense including opening a TON of caches and crafting a TON of items for the formula since it has 14-15 different formulas in it. Once you start it, it is soul bound to your account and you can't do anything with it until you finish it or get a smaller pair of wings.

3) I know two sold for 200 bil in Flynn's Plunder but that was because one quester needed it to finish up wing mastery. That's one of the big reasons these are rare and important.

4) Yes and no, People want it, but they're not going to pay for how "rare" it is. But to be fair, vendors have jacked up the prices of them in the MP to ridiculous amounts.

5) I would recommend selling it if you don't want to take the quest on. You could get probably 100 bil out of it easily if you want gold and don't mind helping a quester out.

I sadly do not need that formula. I need Angelic Inizio to finish up my husband's wing mastery. Mine is already complete. I literally followed you here from you posting about it in the Dusty Scroll thread because I wanted to make sure someone actually got one out of there before crafting some in hopes of getting one to trade for Angelic. So I thought I'd help you out since I've been through crafting all 6.

Impassioned Misfit

Soranoo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Hello, I might be able to help you a bit.
1) The first thing is have you leveled at all in alchemy. This will take forever. But in order to craft everything for the backwings formula you'll pretty much level up. It also takes A LOT of gold, time and effort. The biggest items for that particular quest are White Body Dye, Diamondback Lionfish, 10x Great Monarches, and 5x of each Angelic Furniture. If you're looking to make gold, just sell the formula. No one really cares about the "Alchemized" Wings. Only the achievement.

2) The quest is very intense including opening a TON of caches and crafting a TON of items for the formula since it has 14-15 different formulas in it. Once you start it, it is soul bound to your account and you can't do anything with it until you finish it or get a smaller pair of wings.

3) I know two sold for 200 bil in Flynn's Plunder but that was because one quester needed it to finish up wing mastery. That's one of the big reasons these are rare and important.

4) Yes and no, People want it, but they're not going to pay for how "rare" it is. But to be fair, vendors have jacked up the prices of them in the MP to ridiculous amounts.

5) I would recommend selling it if you don't want to take the quest on. You could get probably 100 bil out of it easily if you want gold and don't mind helping a quester out.

I sadly do not need that formula. I need Angelic Inizio to finish up my husband's wing mastery. Mine is already complete. I literally followed you here from you posting about it in the Dusty Scroll thread because I wanted to make sure someone actually got one out of there before crafting some in hopes of getting one to trade for Angelic. So I thought I'd help you out since I've been through crafting all 6.

Heya!
I believe I'm midway through level 7, from when I was trying frantically in the summer to get to 10 to make a HARMony. I lost interest for a while, but I intend to continue that regardless. I could see maybe being able to get the Great Monarchs from the bug RIG in the Bazaar, but the rest of that... It sounds really difficult. What points and titles does the achievement get you?

Do you need to synthesize all wings to get the Mastery achievement?? I'm not familiar with Alchemy Achievements, other than the regular level ones.

I'm leaning toward wanting to help out someone who really wants this instead of embarking myself. Do you think it'd be a good idea for me to list it at a ridic amount in the MP to show that I actually have it, or should I take a screencap or something? I wish I would've taken one when I opened it and got the thing, I was too shocked and bewildered to think of it!

And if I decide to sell it - do you have any ideas of how would be the best way? Someone suggested setting it up as an auction in the MP, but I'm a bit afraid of that, I've literally never done that type of sale before.

One of the devs implied that other Quests formulas are in the Dusty Scroll, though they didn't elaborate on if that was all of them (I'd think so) or how exactly rare they are (fairly, I'd imagine).

Thank you for the pointers and such!

Karsuki's Wife

Master Conventioneer

37,575 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Conventioneer 300
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

The great monarches won't be much of a problem now because of that rig, before that they were 50 bil+ each.

Winged
Awarded to Gaians who successfully craft a pair of wings with Item Alchemy.
Titles: Winged, Flying, Demon, Angel

That's for successfully crafting one set.

The second achievement you get is Wing Mastery. To obtain that achievement, you need to craft one of EACH inizio formula. (Angelic, Demonic, Fallen, Celestial, Risen, and Devilish). Sadly, Gaia did not award me my achievement so I have a ticket that's currently a "Work in Progress" Even though I have screen shots of them all and exact dates of completed them. :/

A screencap would work just fine. You can even put it in a post action. It says display inventory and you can do that if you need to prove it.

For selling you should just take offers here, or list it in the MP and say you're taking offers. I can offer you 100 bil if you like a quick sale. Even though it's not one I need, having an extra to possibly trade for one would be nice. It's possible to get higher offers, be careful of selling them to vendors though. They will just buy it cheaper because they think the MP prices are the actual prices people buy them at so they jack them up even more. >.> My husband and I, before he decided to do wing mastery as well, used to talk to people and buy the quests from them and then sell them to questors at the price we got them at so it was affordable. It's just nuts. I hate the economy on here. T.T

I hope they are in the scrolls. It gives me something else to hopefully pull an Angelic one out of besides making cases. That's why they're so rare. Because you have a less than 1% chance of pulling an inizio formula from an alchemist case (You know after you collect 200 of each paper or flower + fishes + zomg items) and then a 1/6th chance of it being the one you need.

No problem. I've been browsing the alchemy and game item threads for a long time. So i don't mind sharing what I know. ^w^

Feral Noob

8,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Hi thar gokaiiii XD

1) STILL ON my first wing quest (risen) since august. it's pretty tedious/scavenger hunty. I've spent over 300 bil on this quest and well - on lvl 9 at the moment in quest and alchemy level. I expect you to be saving a big chunk of gold though if you craft your own.

2) PRETTY intense. I get sick of it and don't come back for days in levelling, since as I go up I keep finding I need a SLEW of lower level component ingredients that need MOAR lower level ingredients. As a result I have 'staggered' mules at diff levels just for crafting diff. level formulas. (L2 alchemist for L1s, L4 for L3s, L6 for L5s, etc ...)
While crafting formulas one level lower does give only half exp, since my point is to CRAFT for the main account this is actually better/lets my mule stay on it longer. (I've got nearly all my mules to L3 now ... XD)

3) in aug 2014 the inizios usually went for around 125 bil to 175 bil. They've currently inflated to about 300bil ish.

4) Probably ... not a lot. Mostly diehard alchemists looking to collect full wingmastery OR ppl who are trying to craft at least one pair of wings. The time/gold involved does skeer ppl off, and there's plenty of abandoned questors.

5) Depends on how much time you spend on gaia. If you browse/look after a thread a lot, a thread'd get you better offers/deals in what you want than vend, esp. if you want to trade for items. If you don't want to bother, just put a price you can live with (whether ABP or LBP) and stick it in the vend.

and yes, I am interested in this formula but haven't the gold for it atm. XD if you take ITEMS however ....

Impassioned Misfit

Soranoo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

The great monarches won't be much of a problem now because of that rig, before that they were 50 bil+ each.

Winged
Awarded to Gaians who successfully craft a pair of wings with Item Alchemy.
Titles: Winged, Flying, Demon, Angel

That's for successfully crafting one set.

The second achievement you get is Wing Mastery. To obtain that achievement, you need to craft one of EACH inizio formula. (Angelic, Demonic, Fallen, Celestial, Risen, and Devilish). Sadly, Gaia did not award me my achievement so I have a ticket that's currently a "Work in Progress" Even though I have screen shots of them all and exact dates of completed them. :/

A screencap would work just fine. You can even put it in a post action. It says display inventory and you can do that if you need to prove it.

For selling you should just take offers here, or list it in the MP and say you're taking offers. I can offer you 100 bil if you like a quick sale. Even though it's not one I need, having an extra to possibly trade for one would be nice. It's possible to get higher offers, be careful of selling them to vendors though. They will just buy it cheaper because they think the MP prices are the actual prices people buy them at so they jack them up even more. >.> My husband and I, before he decided to do wing mastery as well, used to talk to people and buy the quests from them and then sell them to questors at the price we got them at so it was affordable. It's just nuts. I hate the economy on here. T.T

I hope they are in the scrolls. It gives me something else to hopefully pull an Angelic one out of besides making cases. That's why they're so rare. Because you have a less than 1% chance of pulling an inizio formula from an alchemist case (You know after you collect 200 of each paper or flower + fishes + zomg items) and then a 1/6th chance of it being the one you need.

No problem. I've been browsing the alchemy and game item threads for a long time. So i don't mind sharing what I know. ^w^
Hmm, I like those Achievements and titles, but... not enough to do all of this. Especially if you have to do all six of the Inizio formulas to get the second one. That would eat way more resources than I have! I'm not a cash-buying user or a vendor, so I have to keep an eye on that. sweatdrop I'll edit the OP with a screenshot of the item in my invo. I'd do the Display Inventory thing but it only loads my first forty or so items, and I have way more. sweatdrop I'll also list it in the MP for a butt-ton of gold and note in my store that I have a thread for it.

No need for a quick sale, hehehe... It seems another person's interested. I think I'd like to have this thread up for at least a week or something, so other people who're questing this see it, you know? I might post around about it, put something in my sig. Want them to have a shot, too. The economy here is totally broken though, absolutely.

I'm really curious what the odds are of pulling one of these from the Dusty Old Scroll... Also, I'm confused as to why the giftbox formulas are so common, there are so many other formulas that could be well-placed here.

Impassioned Misfit

Fishmaid
Hi thar gokaiiii XD

1) STILL ON my first wing quest (risen) since august. it's pretty tedious/scavenger hunty. I've spent over 300 bil on this quest and well - on lvl 9 at the moment in quest and alchemy level. I expect you to be saving a big chunk of gold though if you craft your own.

2) PRETTY intense. I get sick of it and don't come back for days in levelling, since as I go up I keep finding I need a SLEW of lower level component ingredients that need MOAR lower level ingredients. As a result I have 'staggered' mules at diff levels just for crafting diff. level formulas. (L2 alchemist for L1s, L4 for L3s, L6 for L5s, etc ...)
While crafting formulas one level lower does give only half exp, since my point is to CRAFT for the main account this is actually better/lets my mule stay on it longer. (I've got nearly all my mules to L3 now ... XD)

3) in aug 2014 the inizios usually went for around 125 bil to 175 bil. They've currently inflated to about 300bil ish.

4) Probably ... not a lot. Mostly diehard alchemists looking to collect full wingmastery OR ppl who are trying to craft at least one pair of wings. The time/gold involved does skeer ppl off, and there's plenty of abandoned questors.

5) Depends on how much time you spend on gaia. If you browse/look after a thread a lot, a thread'd get you better offers/deals in what you want than vend, esp. if you want to trade for items. If you don't want to bother, just put a price you can live with (whether ABP or LBP) and stick it in the vend.

and yes, I am interested in this formula but haven't the gold for it atm. XD if you take ITEMS however ....
Hallo Fishmaid! Are you maid of fish? 4laugh

1) Oh gods, wow. That's intense. Do you intend to make all the wings?

2) Wow! You know, having it spread out over mules like that is actually a fantastic idea! I get frustrated when I'm trying to craft things that aren't Inizio because it's like "well look at all this low-level crap. smh". I've also found it helps in general to keep a word doc of all the things formulas need, and it might be cool to organize by level of the components might help!

3) Wow, damn. Are about all the Inizios about the same price?

4) I'm on here and keep up with threads a lot! I just forgot to reply to the other poster due to chaos. e_e Hmmm. I'm more inclined toward gold than items, especially with the way items get rereleased and deflate, I'd worry about not being able to sell them quick enough. That said, I'm interested to hear your offer!

Invisible Protector

13,200 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Hallo Fishmaid! Are you maid of fish? 4laugh

1) Oh gods, wow. That's intense. Do you intend to make all the wings?

2) Wow! You know, having it spread out over mules like that is actually a fantastic idea! I get frustrated when I'm trying to craft things that aren't Inizio because it's like "well look at all this low-level crap. smh". I've also found it helps in general to keep a word doc of all the things formulas need, and it might be cool to organize by level of the components might help!

3) Wow, damn. Are about all the Inizios about the same price?

4) I'm on here and keep up with threads a lot! I just forgot to reply to the other poster due to chaos. e_e Hmmm. I'm more inclined toward gold than items, especially with the way items get rereleased and deflate, I'd worry about not being able to sell them quick enough. That said, I'm interested to hear your offer!

You're lucky I'm a sucker for puns. XD *this is the OLDEST account I have - you knew me as Shechina when I was buying inzio's quest stuff from you. I think it was tickets or angelic furniture?*

1) Yeah. So going slowly since I'm raising a helluva gold that's needed to MAKE the Risen to begin with.
And that's with me checking my mules (cuz I hoard like a dragon) for stuff I already have - even then, it was only like 10% of what was needed. So if you had a mule dedicated to collecting game/random trash/flower/bugs/ink items it REALLY helps.

2). I'm too lazy to keep a word doc. I subscribed to several cache & alchemy component lists as well as Tegari's Ultimate Formula guide and just ctrl+f XD

3) Around ish. I've seen sellers jack up the price 2x when the buyer says it's the only one they need (wingmastery) tho. :/ (which was why as of aug 2014 some of the devil wing inzios were closer to 200bil than 125bil)

4) Need to PM this due to site restrictions. one sec.

Sparkly Senshi

15,000 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Girl 50
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Shechina here (main alchemy account, also Fugen + Fishmaid biggrin ).

went and checked my winquest track thread, yeah, it was starting to inflate to 300bil but seems to have flatlined now. The feathered/lighter wings tend to be worth more/more desirable to firsttime wingquest crafters due to aesthetics, so there's a slightly wider market for them.

Here's my quest thread.

LBP vend reference, current as of 17sept2014
User Image Angelic Quest - not yet, formula ~300 bil in vend
User ImageDemonic Quest - not yet, formula ~180 bil in vend
User ImageFallen Quest -not yet, formula ~250 bil in vend
User ImageCelestial Quest - not yet, formula ~250 bil in vend
User ImageDevilish Quest - not yet, formula ~150 bil in vend

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash