Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Shopper

9,850 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Streaker 200
I'm just curious because the total cost of ingridients are more expensive than the item itself. Plus, some are quite hard to find.

Lavish Shopper

9,850 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Streaker 200

Learned Informer

20,100 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It depends on the person. Some crave the challenge of reaching Level 10, either because they're just the sort who crave challenges or because Gaia has otherwise become boring to them. Some are seeking an item that's only obtainable through Alchemy, and it's more satisfying (again, possibly because it's more challenging) to craft it yourself than to save up and buy it off the MP or the Exchange. Some love Achievements maniacally enough to do Alchemy because of the 13 Achievements earnable through it.

On the other hand, some pursue Alchemy because they know it better than you do: it IS possible to turn a profit here, although the surest way to do so is by sticking to the lowest levels and making yourself an alchemy supplier, crafting Philosopher's Caches and/or Alchemist's Cases and selling them to those who wish to advance further.

Lucky Knight

16,750 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Level Up 200
1. It kills boredom,
2. For achievement points,
3. Ability to craft alchemy exclusive items, and
4. 10-15m profit per Nice Suit For Work crafted. xd

Lavish Shopper

9,850 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Streaker 200
Platonix
It depends on the person. Some crave the challenge of reaching Level 10, either because they're just the sort who crave challenges or because Gaia has otherwise become boring to them. Some are seeking an item that's only obtainable through Alchemy, and it's more satisfying (again, possibly because it's more challenging) to craft it yourself than to save up and buy it off the MP or the Exchange. Some love Achievements maniacally enough to do Alchemy because of the 13 Achievements earnable through it.

On the other hand, some pursue Alchemy because they know it better than you do: it IS possible to turn a profit here, although the surest way to do so is by sticking to the lowest levels and making yourself an alchemy supplier, crafting Philosopher's Caches and/or Alchemist's Cases and selling them to those who wish to advance further.

Hmm.. I see. I really want to know what really Alchemy is that's why I'm asking this.
I am into it for gold, I am interested in making a profit from this.

Lavish Shopper

9,850 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Streaker 200
Useless sidekick

I want to try Alchemy for gold, what items do you particularly craft?
XI Eruel
Useless sidekick

I want to try Alchemy for gold, what items do you particularly craft?

right now, I have a lot of orbs from playing zomg (I had 10k orbs, I am now down to 5k but it cost 100 orbs each formula) so I am making orb aggregate (cost 1k to craft, in the market place people buy them for 2k, so I am profiting 1k each one I sell)

I am actually lurking the forums to see if there is a easy lvl 2 or lvl 3 formula so I can advance and still gain from it (so far I havn't found anything)
But I am collecting items for the catches and cases, alot of people are doing it and it does take time but I find it rewarding.

now that I think about it, even though I want to gain from alchemy, I do have another specific goal as well, I want the erebus moon. I want to become a lvl 10 and to be able to get the item without paying the extreamly ridiculous price it is going for right now.

Lavish Shopper

9,850 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Streaker 200
Useless sidekick

Formulas says that the chance to craft is "Very Low" or "Medium". Does it changes when your level gets higher?
XI Eruel

Formulas says that the chance to craft is "Very Low" or "Medium". Does it changes when your level gets higher?

yes, lets say, you are a lvl 7 and you have a lvl 5 formula. If the formula says the chance to craft is "very low". you have a better chance to craft it compared to a lvl 5 attempting to craft the same formula. the higher you are the better.

also, when you craft, if you do fail, (I don't know if they changed this cause I have read in some old forums different stuff, from my experience, it doesn't charge you the gold to craft it if it fails, and it doesn't take your items, the only thing it takes is my actual formula script)

Lavish Shopper

9,850 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Streaker 200
Useless sidekick
XI Eruel

yes, lets say, you are a lvl 7 and you have a lvl 5 formula. If the formula says the chance to craft is "very low". you have a better chance to craft it compared to a lvl 5 attempting to craft the same formula. the higher you are the better.

also, when you craft, if you do fail, (I don't know if they changed this cause I have read in some old forums different stuff, from my experience, it doesn't charge you the gold to craft it if it fails, and it doesn't take your items, the only thing it takes is my actual formula script)

Ah. I see.. are all ingridients can be obtained from zOMG?
XI Eruel

Ah. I see.. are all ingridients can be obtained from zOMG?

unfortunatly no, the items are a bit random and most are difficult to get.
I reccomend for you to get into making philosophers caches if you are interested in making money.

They are selling for around 90k if you sell them unopened, if you do open it you can get a different colored cache where the price range goes from 1mil to as low as 23k. (if you want to gamble)

to make it buy the formula, either from the Bifrost shop (5000 gold) or the marketplace.
Gather/buy the components listed in the formula (using any one of the four paths) till it moves to the "ready" tab (you'll also need to have the crafting cost available in gold) then craft the formula successfully (no "fizzle" , which will be easier once you're a level 2 alchemist because it has a low success rate for alchemists of the same level)

But to get started in Alchemy, use the basic starter kit (it's free in the Gaia Alchemy FAQ), and then something like Orb Aggregates or Giant Rainbow Lollipop, which have a better success rate even if not as high a profit.

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Useless sidekick
XI Eruel

Actually, when you fail it takes your gold, not the items or the formula.

There is however "false" fails, wich appear when you're crafting too fast (similar to posting too fast on the forums). These "fails" doesn't take anything, they should display a message saying "You're crafting too fast!" but they don't.

Learned Informer

20,100 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
XI Eruel
Useless sidekick

It's worth noting that a formula with a Very Low chance to craft will always have that written on it no matter your level. It doesn't update the description based on your level. But you DO get a better craft rate for being higher level. Usually being two levels above a formula will make it almost impossible to fail...although you don't get any crafting XP for formulas that you're two or more levels above.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

13,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
Sharacia
Actually, when you fail it takes your gold, not the items or the formula.

There is however "false" fails, wich appear when you're crafting too fast (similar to posting too fast on the forums). These "fails" doesn't take anything, they should display a message saying "You're crafting too fast!" but they don't.

I bought your Amethyst and Garnet Philosophers cache's. They came in handy when I crafted the red mercury I needed. I even looked up Red mercury by itself and my god it was like over 2m!? What the heck!? Do you think Gaia's economy went a'little overboard there?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff