Welcome to Gaia! ::

If Gaia was to adjust crafting changes, what would you like to see implemented?

Crafting Cost Cap (Cannot cost more than 'x' gold, odds stay the same) 0.15477629987908 15.5% [ 128 ]
Scaling Odds (Subsequent failures increase crafting success) 0.62877871825877 62.9% [ 520 ]
Scaling Fixed Cost (Formula has a cost to craft which reduces based on Alchemy Level) 0.14026602176542 14.0% [ 116 ]
Other (Please share!) 0.076178960096735 7.6% [ 63 ]
Total Votes:[ 827 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56 57 > >>

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Ze3k

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I'm not sure exactly what to do about the chain-fail issue. I mean, I really want people to submit as much data as I can, but I'm not sure how to factor these in. Maybe if we get enough data the chain fails will become apparent?

Plus any data I share would have the caveat of the existence of chain fails and the difficulty in removing them from the data set. I take my data collection seriously.

Also- brute forcing your way through level 1 with caches? I'm not sure whether to be impressed or terrified.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Zzyli

Lol well most people with 20+ fails are going to have chain fails.. unless they are Shiny. rofl

I was trying to count the number of attempts on each cache, and then I realized that half the attempts I was counting were chain fails. rofl

I think the most helpful thing you could do is just educate people so they count their gold rather than the fails. ^_^

If you need an in-depth explanation:

Quote:
There are two kinds of fails.. One is the "normal" fail. The other is an "error" fail.

• The "normal" fail generally takes a bit to think and then deletes gold from your account.
  • The "error" fail loads extremely quickly, and does not delete any gold.

There are multiple causes for the "error" fail. The most common cause is "you're crafting too quickly!" (similar to forum posting, but I think the allowed rate is a bit different). Other causes include the soulbound item glitch (fixed, no?), and also if the inventory is modified while crafting.. I tried crafting 2 caches at once and one of them fizzled. rofl Not sure if there are other causes. xd

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Ze3k

Lol well most people with 20+ fails are going to have chain fails.. unless they are Shiny. rofl

I was trying to count the number of attempts on each cache, and then I realized that half the attempts I was counting were chain fails. rofl

I think the most helpful thing you could do is just educate people so they count their gold rather than the fails. ^_^

If you need an in-depth explanation:

Quote:
There are two kinds of fails.. One is the "normal" fail. The other is an "error" fail.

• The "normal" fail generally takes a bit to think and then deletes gold from your account.
  • The "error" fail loads extremely quickly, and does not delete any gold.

There are multiple causes for the "error" fail. The most common cause is "you're crafting too quickly!" (similar to forum posting, but I think the allowed rate is a bit different). Other causes include the soulbound item glitch (fixed, no?), and also if the inventory is modified while crafting.. I tried crafting 2 caches at once and one of them fizzled. rofl Not sure if there are other causes. xd

That could be helpful 3nodding . There are always some people who don't pay attention, but hopefully people read the OP fully before they get to the submissions part. I know that Alchemy regs at least are aware of the chain fail issue (try crafting hundreds of Orb Aggregates xd ). I'll put something in the OP.

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Actually, i find this interesting Seeing as i want to try low chance formulas for a challenge but then again. . . I was wondering how much gold and or expecive items i will be using for this. what are my chances?
LMAO

I guess i'll stick around here for a bit and see.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Sealandic Prince
Actually, i find this interesting Seeing as i want to try low chance formulas for a challenge but then again. . . I was wondering how much gold and or expecive items i will be using for this. what are my chances?
LMAO

It could be interesting. I just want to see if crafting stuff at low/very low is going to send me broke xd . Hopefully the rest of the community can find something out at the same time. If you do make anything, let me know biggrin

You don't lose your items if a crafting fails, but you do lose gold. For some of the higher level stuff, this is not a pretty proposition.

Also, could you please be a dear & delete your post quoting the spammer? Quoting spam is just propagating it sweatdrop

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Zzyli
Sealandic Prince
LMAO

It could be interesting. I just want to see if crafting stuff at low/very low is going to send me broke xd . Hopefully the rest of the community can find something out at the same time. If you do make anything, let me know biggrin

You don't lose your items if a crafting fails, but you do lose gold. For some of the higher level stuff, this is not a pretty proposition.

Also, could you please be a dear & delete your post quoting the spammer? Quoting spam is just propagating it sweatdrop

Everything that is right or reasonable pleads for separation.

User Image

✧ Oh well. actually i was doing research on those prized backwings. Give the information on the guide really. obviously they have a low to VERY low chance. So some how. i actually wanted to see the odds and chances of that hahahah.If i start looking through those cases and such. at the moment tho im a lv3 alchemist. so im getting there. Taking my sweet time at the very least. Im pretty much an avergage Gaian with i dunno 1mil and thats it. Unlike others. but yeah.
Oh well thats good info. dont loose items but loose hard work gold LMAO.

O and done. Thats not a big deal to me. hahahah ✧

The blood of the slain, the weeping voice of nature cries, 'tis time to part.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Sealandic Prince

User Image

✧ Oh well. actually i was doing research on those prized backwings. Give the information on the guide really. obviously they have a low to VERY low chance. So some how. i actually wanted to see the odds and chances of that hahahah.If i start looking through those cases and such. at the moment tho im a lv3 alchemist. so im getting there. Taking my sweet time at the very least. Im pretty much an avergage Gaian with i dunno 1mil and thats it. Unlike others. but yeah.
Oh well thats good info. dont loose items but loose hard work gold LMAO.

O and done. Thats not a big deal to me. hahahah ✧

Thanks for that! From a friend who has made the Angelic backwings, apparently the last few levels are a killer. I think he had 5/6 attempts at one of the stages at 1 mil a pop (this is only my memory speaking here).

I'm questing Glacemella at the moment, which while not as prestigious/insane as backwings will require a lot of work from me. My advice is do as much of it yourself as you can. The small/medium wings are quite achievable if you're lucky enough to get your hands on a quest formula and don't mind the fact that it may take you over 12 months to get the stuff together.

There's quite a few handy guides in here if you're interested in getting a serious start in Alchemy. I suggest LOTS of reading before you do anything. It's kind of like DMS. I don't think it's for everyone, but it can be rewarding if you're the right kind of person.

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Zzyli

Thanks for that! From a friend who has made the Angelic backwings, apparently the last few levels are a killer. I think he had 5/6 attempts at one of the stages at 1 mil a pop (this is only my memory speaking here).

I'm questing Glacemella at the moment, which while not as prestigious/insane as backwings will require a lot of work from me. My advice is do as much of it yourself as you can. The small/medium wings are quite achievable if you're lucky enough to get your hands on a quest formula and don't mind the fact that it may take you over 12 months to get the stuff together.

There's quite a few handy guides in here if you're interested in getting a serious start in Alchemy. I suggest LOTS of reading before you do anything. It's kind of like DMS. I don't think it's for everyone, but it can be rewarding if you're the right kind of person.

User Image

✧ I have a friend who completed the Devilish quest. and he said Not again. unless a formula was like Handed to him. ahah But ive read a few long guides. and such. seeing i want a pair. but like the forumlas are kinda hard to impossible to find.
Im on a quest for the Candy corn horns. and such which is like i think a lv 7 formula.

Yeah i tend to do DMS a lot in zOMg. i find it quite fun. BUt yeah if i wanted a good start. i normally just look at the Orb Alg. Forumla and do a crap ton of them until i fail more. ✧

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Zzyli

Well I believe eletroshocker complained in AtA about failing Inari's beads like 37 times... and later he told me that he knew how to not lose gold when failing: Just click really fast! surprised

Lol I'm not sure if other people are silly enough to think that, but some of the fail rates people manage to get.. o.o; xd

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
In the last few months I've only crafted one formula that I actually got XP for. Here you go:

Formula Level: 2
Formula Odds: Very High
Alchemist Level: 3
Attempts Required: 1

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Ze3k

Well I believe eletroshocker complained in AtA about failing Inari's beads like 37 times... and later he told me that he knew how to not lose gold when failing: Just click really fast! surprised

Lol I'm not sure if other people are silly enough to think that, but some of the fail rates people manage to get.. o.o; xd

Oh gosh. I have nothing to say to that xd

Original Survivor

Formula Level: 10
Formula Odds: High
Alchemist Level: 10
Attempts Required: 3

my most recent craft.

Shameless Lunatic

I did not know about those "error" fails before so that's good to know now 3nodding

Formula Level: 4
Formula Odds: High
Alchemist Level: 4
Attempts Required: 2

Hmm on a side note, I wonder if gaia will ever consider releasing an alchemy "powerup" that would increase success rates (or even instant success biggrin ). Just an idea when I was buying powerups for zOMG xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff