Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tasty Snack

Made it to level 3, guess that's it for me... and I was so looking forward to crafting a Nicolae companion.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Villain Noise
Made it to level 3, guess that's it for me... and I was so looking forward to crafting a Nicolae companion.
then keep going it is a lot easier now . or you can always commision an alchemist to make it for you

Tasty Snack

Istoleyourtaco
Villain Noise
then keep going it is a lot easier now . or you can always commision an alchemist to make it for you

I'd love to, but I have nowhere near the gold to make it to level 8.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Villain Noise
Istoleyourtaco
Villain Noise

I'd love to, but I have nowhere near the gold to make it to level 8.
you can always make and sell caches to fund it.

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
I know the feeling! But I'm almost to level 4 and it's just from making caches, keeping the one I need for the formula I'm making at the moment and selling the rest!

It does take time but since the colored cache bags it's 20 times easier than it used to be.

Tasty Snack

Istoleyourtaco
you can always make and sell caches to fund it.

Yeah, I suppose that'd be the best option. I've been wasting a lot of time here lately anyway due to summer vacation, might as well waste it gathering junk for caches. <3

Tasty Snack

Kiyo_Michan
I know the feeling! But I'm almost to level 4 and it's just from making caches, keeping the one I need for the formula I'm making at the moment and selling the rest!

It does take time but since the colored cache bags it's 20 times easier than it used to be.

Cool, I suppose I shouldn't give up so easily but seeing how alchemy consumes so much gold just kind of disheartens me from time to time.

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
Villain Noise
Kiyo_Michan

Cool, I suppose I shouldn't give up so easily but seeing how alchemy consumes so much gold just kind of disheartens me from time to time.
Accept that it's a gold sink, but also try to make items you'll enjoy. Everyone says the easiest way is the fausto's bottle but that's 400k a pop you're losing. I'd rather take my time and make the Kiki Nigiri to keep! It's just finding a good formula can be hard right now, but they do come on the market.

Tasty Snack

Kiyo_Michan
Accept that it's a gold sink, but also try to make items you'll enjoy. Everyone says the easiest way is the fausto's bottle but that's 400k a pop you're losing. I'd rather take my time and make the Kiki Nigiri to keep! It's just finding a good formula can be hard right now, but they do come on the market.

Ehh, I'll just walk away from it for a few months, it's more of a pain than fun.

Dangerous Dabbler

Villain Noise
Ehh, I'll just walk away from it for a few months, it's more of a pain than fun.

This!

It needs to be fun (which isn't the same as "easy" ). It should feel like a game, a puzzle, a scavenger hunt for finding the formulas and components and figuring out how to fund them to get the XP you need for levelling up. But if that's feeling like a pain instead of fun, then of course you should take a break, and if you decide it's not going to be fun again, then it's fine to drop it entirely. You've done enough that you know what's in store for going further, and you know how to get the advanced items crafted even if you don't get to that level yourself.

The people who get to me are the ones who come into the forum and immediately post "tell me how to get to high levels and make tons of gold and angel wings right now" and then say "Alchemy sucks!" when we explain it doesn't work that way. sweatdrop

Lucky Knight

19,300 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Level Up 200
It's not as hard as you think. I started it with just a few gold and made it to level 10 without losing much. Just try your best to earn gold while doing it. smile

When I was level 3, I spend almost 500k per formula. It's a lot cheaper now.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I also am sitting at level 3, staring at the marketplace prices and going ehhh... no.

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
Cimeara
The people who get to me are the ones who come into the forum and immediately post "tell me how to get to high levels and make tons of gold and angel wings right now" and then say "Alchemy sucks!" when we explain it doesn't work that way. sweatdrop

This ^

Which they go around and spread that attitude which makes less people want to try it. And I agree, if you're not having fun don't feel like you have to do it, it's not a chore!

Hungry Friend

14,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Owlie
I also am sitting at level 3, staring at the marketplace prices and going ehhh... no.
I'm at lv 3 too xD , I need 16 XP more crying Making caches has work wonders to level up easier , it also funds my spending biggrin I probably lose about 10k or less to get XP whee

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
AdaWong18
Owlie
I'm at lv 3 too xD , I need 16 XP more crying Making caches has work wonders to level up easier , it also funds my spending biggrin I probably lose about 10k or less to get XP whee

Do you get XP at level 3 by making caches? I got to 3 entirely by making orb aggregates, I'm at about 90% for my first cache. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff