Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
I actually never know about the lit fish dropping alchemy items but OK XD

It does sadden me when components I need are way more expensive than needing to be, whether they're from zOMG or not.

I have noticed that it has decreased now, so I hope it does continue c:

Dangerous Dabbler

In Flagrante Delicto
Cimeara
In Flagrante Delicto
Lawn Gnome figures are worth 20k now? SCORE. I have dozens of them from the old days. XD

Why did you revive a thread from LAST NOVEMBER???

Wait what? *looks* s**t!

I guess I got stuff from searches and the boards I was posting on mixed up or something. Hell if I know.

I promise to read the dates moar carefully in the future or you may feed me to an angry landshark. Forgiveness?

LOL! okay, okay, you're forgiven! ^_^

It was the beginning post that tipped me off, the part that said:

"Microchips:
I'm working on the P3 Gear. I need 5 Microchips. So I open a new tab and check the price to see that it's around 60 - 70k gold."

While the general point of the thread is still true (there's still components selling for extremely high prices even though by "store value" they shouldn't be that rare, and there's still a ridiculous mismatch between formula level and the price of crafting it), I do know that Microchips are no longer 60K-70K. They're now about 400 gold. In fact, the last one I got I donated to the Dumpster because it wasn't worth the space in my Marketplace shop.

So some components -are- improving in price. (Just never the ones I want!)

Scurvy Nerd

Cimeara
In Flagrante Delicto
Lawn Gnome figures are worth 20k now? SCORE. I have dozens of them from the old days. XD

Wait what? *looks* s**t!

I guess I got stuff from searches and the boards I was posting on mixed up or something. Hell if I know.

I promise to read the dates moar carefully in the future or you may feed me to an angry landshark. Forgiveness?
Gaia stopped being a fun place to hang out in like, 2008, before it became a hub for advertisements and real-money scams.

Ari Selkirk's Kouhai

Fashionable Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
do you still need micro chips i have one if you want it im not using it nore do i even need it =]

Dangerous Dabbler

In Flagrante Delicto

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
ugh i know how you're feeling, to complete almost the whole recipe i need (let me do the math)....200k of gold! What the heck! if i get about 10,000 of gold on zOMG if i play for my little session for a day, i would be saving money until 2013 until i finish my recipe! Unless market prices go down, I'm screwed! All of the alchemy recipes only really work for people who go on gaia everyday, and i love mine craft a WHOLE lot more (sorry gaia) so i cant divide my time like that for something people with tons of gaia cash could just simply buy it in the blink of an eye! i dont think ill ever finish love charm 3

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
-=-Queen Nyx-=-
"You're just a piece of meat and I am the butcher..."

I don't see what the big deal is. Things are still being slowly seeded into play so if the OP hasn't gotten something yet then that's their bad luck. Through Daily Chance I get an alchemy item at least every 3rd day and at most every day on average. I get them through Dumpster Dive too, but not as often as I do the Daily Chance. Some things were meant to be harder to achieve than others anyway. People complain about how the cost to make a RIG is higher than just buying the RIG on the Marketplace. What good would it do Gaia to upset the Market by making it cheaper to create it than to buy it from other users? No, I think this is mostly going well and I'm looking forward to the new ideas Gaia may enter into this system. Unlike eRep I don't fear for my soul every time there's an update.

"...I love you better. Love you forever."

If any progress has been made, it's because the users are the ones who made Gaia staff realize that a change needed to be made. The staff didn't do this on their own nor did they realize their mistake on their own. That took months of people rabble-rousing feedback threads and AtA. I've seen both very rich and average users make their case on how disjointed this system is. Both classes understand very well that not all levels should be easy, but that was not nor is the point. The point is that distribution of components lacked and for a lot of users the end product sorely lacks in feeling rewarding.

I know why I made this thread and since then I've completed my formula. I've noticed the MP value of those items going down, which is good. I've also noticed that the formula price for Cache and Case going down dramatically as it making them. Which was excellent. However that's not to say that there aren't more changes that need to be made.

Recently Gaia promised to have the Lite fish drop mostly Alchemy items. Again the staff did not live up to that promise.

There seems to be an issue at HQ where making a promise to your users translates to "just give them this at the end." Again users are complaining about it since we're basically just getting DC items. Gaia has a bad habit of changing their mind at last minute and thus breaking that promise made to users.

It's still a big deal.

Amorous Tipper

12,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150
"You're just a piece of meat and I am the butcher..."

I don't see what the big deal is. Things are still being slowly seeded into play so if the OP hasn't gotten something yet then that's their bad luck. Through Daily Chance I get an alchemy item at least every 3rd day and at most every day on average. I get them through Dumpster Dive too, but not as often as I do the Daily Chance. Some things were meant to be harder to achieve than others anyway. People complain about how the cost to make a RIG is higher than just buying the RIG on the Marketplace. What good would it do Gaia to upset the Market by making it cheaper to create it than to buy it from other users? No, I think this is mostly going well and I'm looking forward to the new ideas Gaia may enter into this system. Unlike eRep I don't fear for my soul every time there's an update.

"...I love you better. Love you forever."

Scurvy Nerd

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I seriously hate the daily chance items on there. There all s**t items. I only do them because of the mentality of every gold counts. I'm tired of ocean tops, tokens, and lucky amigo pants. As if everyone really wants those items. stare

Magnetic Phantom

For want of a picture:

*facepalm*
Anjoulie
leviathan1
Anjoulie
leviathan1
Anjoulie

I was never really good at auctions and so Bid Blast mostly seemed like a waste of gold to me.

bid blast has a new auction every 2h so if show up around 1h 50 min mark for the current auction that is around when it ends also you have more of a chance to win if you try itat slower times like weekdays from 11 pm to 11 am

So? I still don't like bidding in auctions.

And, you know, there's that thing with time zones and real life commitments and other interests of mine that happens to keep me from being able to be on Gaia at times such as these.
no one is forcing you to do it this is just a guide to help if inteested and time zones don't factor in it stil ends 10 min before the second hour all alchemy auctions areonly 2 h long . the whole point is so you know when it ends and you don't have to sit trough 2 boring hours of bidding

Of course, timezones do factor in, since you were talking about low activity times on the site.
Would you get up in the middle of your night just to log onto Gaia? I wouldn't.

As for your other post, I am well aware of day and night times in Gaia games, thanks.
I don't really understand why you felt the need to tell me that, seeing as my post had nothing to do with that at all, but okay.

However, I don't agree that "you don't haveto spend massive amouns of time in towns" - because, in the end, you'll still have to gather a ton of things.
You have to go pick them up one after the other.
They don't just magically enter your inventory just by visiting.
And that does take time.
midnight isn't the only inactive time and time zones don't factor 2 hours in England is the same as 2 hours in India or in America the point is that it start at whatever time then it ends around an 1h and 50 min later that is the only time you even need to look at the page until that time so you don't have to wait for 2 hours. the point of the oher post is it was telling not agout gaia time but when in gaia time the rare items show up the most.

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I personally have found the Alchemy thing to be too costly (itemwise) as well.
I go to Zomg quite a bit, I don't live on gaia but I go when I can and thing is this alchemy thing seems to only benifit those who LIVE on gaia almost 24/7.

And the cost of ingredients is ridiculous.

8,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
shannley
I only see one "please" in that whole post, just thought I'd say.

Somepony also needs to remember that this is also still a pretty new thing that they're working the bugs out of.

Yes it's a pain that the daily chance is as useless as ever, seeing as they've said they were changing it several times now for different item bonuses in there.. not that I've noticed.

If you want zOMG loot, then it would require playing zOMG, no way around that and increasing drop rates would unbalance things..

Yes, a few PLEASES work wonders.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces