Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It's just been bugging me on how if I can put products together to produce an Item, Why can't I break items down to get more products? This isn't "equivalent exchange" Gaia!!!!!

Demonic Lover

I'd so love that XD <3
I believe this would fix several of the issues I have with alchemy~ x ox

Of course in order to break something down you should need it's formula C:

User Image

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Thomasina: When you stir your rice pudding, Septimus, the spoonful of jam spreads itself round making red trails like the picture of a meteor in my astronomical atlas. But if you stir backward, the jam will not come together again. Indeed, the pudding does not notice and continues to turn pink just as before. Do you think this is odd?

Septimus: No.

Thomasina: Well, I do. You cannot stir things apart.

Magnetic Phantom

Viviette Valentine

I believe this would fix several of the issues I have with alchemy~ x ox

In most cases, you'd actually make a profit that way. ^^
Considering most (probably all) formulae require you to throw more many more items in than the one you get.

Wealthy Businessman

18,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
the problem with that would be that you can craft a formula, break down the item and then craft it again with minimal expenses.
Alchemy is a goldsink, it should stay that way, breaking down stuff will completely destroy alchemy on Gaia.

The only way it would work is if breaking down an item gets you 1 or 2 random components so the chance of abuse is lower.

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Platonix
Thomasina: When you stir your rice pudding, Septimus, the spoonful of jam spreads itself round making red trails like the picture of a meteor in my astronomical atlas. But if you stir backward, the jam will not come together again. Indeed, the pudding does not notice and continues to turn pink just as before. Do you think this is odd?

Septimus: No.

Thomasina: Well, I do. You cannot stir things apart.

Funny since Sodium and Chlorine are not found in a natural state on earth, yet I can break down Sodium chloride (common house salt) to get them. They don't just fall apart on command though, I must apply quite the decent amount of electrical current so as to refine and obtain them. Even then they're not perfectly seperated.

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm not asking for a miracle, I'm demanding some decent #$%&ing Science GAIA!!!!!

Aged Businesswoman

12,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Indrid Deo
It's just been bugging me on how if I can put products together to produce an Item, Why can't I break items down to get more products? This isn't "equivalent exchange" Gaia!!!!!

I got a better one for you....why does it take 15 colored inks to make only 1 white?

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lord Ravyn The Chosen
Indrid Deo

I got a better one for you....why does it take 15 colored inks to make only 1 white?

It make more since if it was in a big @$$ bottle though... Lulz

Aged Businesswoman

12,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Indrid Deo
Lord Ravyn The Chosen
Indrid Deo

Unfortunately it's not. It still takes 500 white ink to craft the body dye as do all the other colors. If that isn't broken physics, then I don't know what is. I'd be happier if we could at least get 3-5 white ink per exchange, but that would make a bit more sense than 1 and we don't want that on Gaia cat_rofl

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lord Ravyn The Chosen
Indrid Deo

Unfortunately it's not. It still takes 500 white ink to craft the body dye as do all the other colors. If that isn't broken physics, then I don't know what is. I'd be happier if we could at least get 3-5 white ink per exchange, but that would make a bit more sense than 1 and we don't want that on Gaia cat_rofl

True white dyes are a pain in the @$$ to come by and even then they are crazily priced. A good alternative to the white body dye is "Masterpieces" though it alters the eyes and mouth a facial based item covers well, I've got one on an outfit in my shop right now. Lulz

Aged Businesswoman

12,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Indrid Deo
Lord Ravyn The Chosen
Indrid Deo

True white dyes are a pain in the @$$ to come by and even then they are crazily priced. A good alternative to the white body dye is "Masterpieces" though it alters the eyes and mouth a facial based item covers well, I've got one on an outfit in my shop right now. Lulz

Well, this time around I'm crafting one for a friend and the best part is it won't cost me more than 3m to make. The MP is just inflated, and I'm a patient cookie cat_mrgreen

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Finally realized why, lulz.

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If gaia ever made it so gaians could perform Analysis, as soon as the ability hit the floor zOMG!'s actual play rate would drop almost to #$%&ing zero. Thus making zOMG! look like the piece of #$%& game it is. Actually it's a pretty #$%& decent flash, I just hate how I can't reset my zOMG! stat build, honestly when it came out I just let my sister mess around on it. Didn't know it was going to play such an important #$%&ing roll to alchemy and the marketplace. I would have actually payed #$%&ing attention to it...

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Victor Lykourgos
I'm not asking for a miracle, I'm demanding some decent #$%&ing Science GAIA!!!!!

I just had to chime it, but science is the complete opposite of alchemy. There's no science involved in the theory of alchemy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff