Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Aileeya
Our youngest is only 8....and she likes zOMG almost as much as I do

My comment was about anything in gaia in general not about the previous mentioned issue. Such as people getting hurt that old cashshop items could be remade with alchemy. People who got hurt when emerald seed rereleased 2003 event items. Etc, if a person feels something the worked for ages ago is made easier they will feel hurt...but is it really thier time they care about. Or just the fact thier worth is worth less. Things like this have happened uncountable times since I joined in 04...but I kinda stopped caring about worth as I said.

Hmm, you know you are activly admitting to supporting the breaking of gaias terms of service by saying you let your 8 year old play on a 13+ site.

"5. Eligibility; Account Information. Gaia Online is not available to persons under the age of 13 "

Just saying...

But I agree the ability to relive a lot childhood, or a different one, or to live out a lifestyle you cant do so in real life does make gaia a great community. One Im proud to be a member of.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sagebomb
Aileeya
Our youngest is only 8....and she likes zOMG almost as much as I do

My comment was about anything in gaia in general not about the previous mentioned issue. Such as people getting hurt that old cashshop items could be remade with alchemy. People who got hurt when emerald seed rereleased 2003 event items. Etc, if a person feels something the worked for ages ago is made easier they will feel hurt...but is it really thier time they care about. Or just the fact thier worth is worth less. Things like this have happened uncountable times since I joined in 04...but I kinda stopped caring about worth as I said.

Hmm, you know you are activly admitting to supporting the breaking of gaias terms of service by saying you let your 8 year old play on a 13+ site.

"5. Eligibility; Account Information. Gaia Online is not available to persons under the age of 13 "

Just saying...

But I agree the ability to relive a lot childhood, or a different one, or to live out a lifestyle you cant do so in real life does make gaia a great community. One Im proud to be a member of.

Ah--correction again--no I am not actively (or passively for that matter) supporting, advocating or even condoning, the breaking of ToS. When her sisters first signed them up--I was in close contact with several mods--and basically, since she's closely supervised by me (i.e. she only gets on either on a desktop in my room, or from her little laptop right next to me while I'm on mine--her account is considered as one of mine, in much the same way one can set up a yahoo account for kids. Like I just said though, I do NOT advocate other parents doing this, unless they are willing and ABLE to supervise every single SECOND of their child's time--I'd even go so far as to suggest this for kids who are technically old enough for this site.

That's the conclusion I came to when her older sisters were signing up--that POS (Parent Over Shoulder) was NOT going to 'cut it' so--when they begged me to make an account, I did....and when they wanted to walk around Towns--I did--and after I made them go to bed, I signed into their accounts and spent a few hours shaking trees until each one of them had 800 gold lol As time went on--I gave them more independence--namely because it was very obvious they saw some of the seamier elements and simply avoided them, without making prejudiced judgements. (I LOVE that about my kids)

My hubby is a 'techie' (which is why our 8yr old has a laptop--it only cost 25$ and doesn't have it's own hard drive...she's gone through two very old thumb drives so far though.) So we kinda may have sort of well, left all our kids with the impression that Daddy knows ALL that is ever typed into a screen--and regularly views EVERYTHING and checks on every single site at ALL times...even if that weren't necessarily the case, just so they'd get in the habit of monitoring themselves...using self discipline to avoid things that they knew we'd disapprove of....for the most part--that was successful. I say 'for the most part' because my hubby will tolerate a WHOLE lot more gore than I ever would have in our son's case.....but I was out voted. mad Now they both look down at me with a mix of disdain intermingled with a smidgen of affection (Yes, my 13yr old is taller than me) xp almost as if to say, "Shyeesh Mom--you're such a GIRL"

All along though, I've spent way more time on here than my kids combined...in part so that they are exposed to less...stuff. They have their specialized areas (a couple are more into role-play than I ever got) and I get to wander through reading their threads and catching up...but it's me who spends hours in the vend, it's me who got seriously addicted to zOMG, it's me who's been investing the vast amount of time to make gold--since I'd NEVER want my kids to be wasting that much time--they have schoolwork! rofl They spend more time inside their guilds than anywhere else.

So far--it's worked out pretty well...the youngest is getting more into Minecraft--which is FINE with me...and when she's old enough to have her account independently--I'll fax her birth certificate to HQ--just like I did for her older brother....and it'll officially be hers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff