Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
User Image

First of all, this thread isn't meant to sound negative in any way. I'm just curious to know what everyone else thinks isn't working in the alchemy system.
Personally, I don't have a lot of issues with alchemy as it is now. I use it regularly and I've leveled myself to level 10 without too much trouble.

And what do I plan to do with the information I hope to collect here?
You'll just have to wait and see.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about alchemy (I may have done that myself occasionally), and some of the issues brought forward has been "looked into" by Gaia's staff. (We did get a better system for finding components and formulas than we had in the beginning).

And yes, I'm aware there's a major update coming some time this year and it'd be fun to see how many of the issues you gaians have with the current state of alchemy will actually be fixed.

So, the question is: What part(s) of alchemy ticks you off the most right now? Is it just one thing or many?

Update: Added a new section, giving you my thoughts on the issues listed.

User Image

Top 16 - Are you freaking kidding me! What were you thinking gaia?

1. Some items used as components are heavily inflated and may become extinct (6)
2. Some formulas make very little sense (components costing several times more than the resulting item) (6)
3. Most of the alchemy exclusive items are single pose items (5)
4. Non-replenishable items used as components in too large quantities (4)
5. "Low" and "Very Low" chance formulas have too high failrate at level of formula (4)
6. Not enough components in circulation (4)
7. The Final Wings from the Inizio Quests doesn't have all previous poses (3)
8. Inizio formulas are too scarce (3)
9. RIG formulas requiring 10 fails from the same RIG (3)
10. Components (most of them, not all) are too expensive (2)

11. The level 10 alchemist reward being turned into a punishment as a response to user feedback (2)
12. Crafting speed message should display "You're crafting too fast" not generate false fail (2)
13. Formula odds does not accurately reflect your chances when on a higher level than the formula (2)
14. Very rare items (rare bugs) used as components in too large quantities (2)
15. Unequal cache drop chance (2)
16. Inizio quests are way too difficult to fully complete (2)

User Image
This is a no-flame zone

My thoughts on your issues (Bet you didn't see this one coming)

1. Some items used as components are heavily inflated and may become extinct.
-> Well, this is in fact an issue and I hope gaia will do something about it in the next update.

2. Some formulas make very little sense (components costing several times more than the resulting item)
-> The second real issue on this list. Some formulas are just plain bad, and has been so since the beginning of creation...

3. Most of the alchemy exclusive items are single pose items
-> Honestly, I fail to see the issue here. Most of the items in my inventory are multi-pose items, almost all of which I only use a single pose. I mean, what's the problem people? I don't see many complaints on the Mini-wings or the Devil Tail being single pose items...

4. Non-replenishable items used as components in too large quantities
-> Pretty much the same as the number 1 on the problem list... I'll fix this later (make them one issue instead of two, not take care of the problem. That's not my job...)

5. "Low" and "Very Low" chance formulas have too high failrate at level of formula
-> This becomes an issue with formulas that have a high crafting cost. It's no fun failing 10 or more times on a formula that takes a million gold per try. That's just silly. Hopefully gaia will fix it soon.

6. Not enough components in circulation
-> Again, similar to number 1. Replenishable components can be found/made with a little effort. Non-replenishable, not so much...

7. The Final Wings from the Inizio Quests doesn't have all previous poses
-> This one really bugs me. After all this trouble of making the large wings and we don't even get to keep the smaller ones? Why?

8. Inizio formulas are too scarce
-> They're supposed to be rare, but perhaps they're too rare...

9. RIG formulas requiring 10 fails from the same RIG
-> The point of this was for the people buying a lot of RIGs to get more chances at playing them, not to make them availible to everyone for free. RIGs count for a big chunk of Gaia's income, so making these formulas in any other way would effectively get Gaia less money.

10. Components (most of them, not all) are too expensive
-> That's a matter of opinion. If you're impatient and don't have a lot of money, Alchemy might not be the game for you. (Same logic as if you're impatient and don't know a lot about strategy you don't play chess for example). And yes, knowledge equals money in this case...

11. The level 10 alchemist reward being turned into a punishment as a response to user feedback
-> Well, this one was just mean.

12. Crafting speed message should display "You're crafting too fast" not generate false fail
-> This is soo simple to fix, and I can't understand why the developers have neglected this for so long.

13. Formula odds does not accurately reflect your chances when on a higher level than the formula
-> No, but we don't get much of that anywhere on gaia. We don't even know the actual percentages of Very Low, Low, Medium, High and Very High chance. So you knowing you have a better chance at higher levels should suffice. If not, there's a thread collecting data on this.

14. Very rare items (rare bugs) used as components in too large quantities
-> Either the components are too rare or too many are required. Pick one.

15. Unequal cache drop chance
-> Not really an issue. This was intended. Same as getting rare items from other RIGs.

16. Inizio quests are way too difficult to fully complete
-> Yes, If you intend to complete them over the weekend. They were meant to be difficult.

Rainbow Unicorn

1. Inflated prices on components for most part, and few available off Bifrost.

And that's pretty much it. More need to be into circulation imo.

Original Survivor

Funny how you make a thread like this when there's a 'major' update coming in the next few months. XP

But yeah.. I have a few things I could complain about but I'll just hang in there till these new changes occur.

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Lei_Trigar
Funny how you make a thread like this when there's a 'major' update coming in the next few months. XP

But yeah.. I have a few things I could complain about but I'll just hang in there till these new changes occur.

Well, I'm just curious to see what people consider to be the biggest flaws with the alchemy system, and whether or not this update actually fixes these issues.

By the way, have we gotten a timeframe or anything as for when we might expect this update?
So far I've seen "the next few months" and "the upcoming year", which is a bit vague. I mean it could be anywhere from 2-8 months for all we know.

Original Survivor

Sharacia
Lei_Trigar

Well, I'm just curious to see what people consider to be the biggest flaws with the alchemy system, and whether or not this update actually fixes these issues.

By the way, have we gotten a timeframe or anything as for when we might expect this update?
So far I've seen "the next few months" and "the upcoming year", which is a bit vague. I mean it could be anywhere from 2-8 months for all we know.

All I heard was 1st quarter, so hopefully by April.. But yeah.. who really knows lol

But with this update comes big changes for the games on Gaia as well, so I can see it being delayed cause of that..

Magical Kitten

Hmm, I would have to say my biggest pet peeve would have to be some of the items needed to make the ONE item.
For example:
Princess Chimes you need to have a Lady Chimes in order to make this item.
The idea/concept I understand use the one item to make the other. . . But if I had the money to buy the item or the item already why would I waste it like that? I thought the point of alchemy was to get more items into circulation and reduce some of the major inflation some items have, not increase the inflation and while they are at it take other items of the market.

I dunno maybe it's just me who sees it this way.

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Lei_Trigar
Sharacia
Lei_Trigar

All I heard was 1st quarter, so hopefully by April.. But yeah.. who really knows lol

But with this update comes big changes for the games on Gaia as well, so I can see it being delayed cause of that..

Depending on how big of a change we're talking about it might. Just hope they don't break anything...

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Hajime Wolf Demon
Hmm, I would have to say my biggest pet peeve would have to be some of the items needed to make the ONE item.
For example:
The idea/concept I understand use the one item to make the other. . . But if I had the money to buy the item or the item already why would I waste it like that? I thought the point of alchemy was to get more items into circulation and reduce some of the major inflation some items have, not increase the inflation and while they are at it take other items of the market.

It's not just you...

Any formula that requires items of a total value that's higher than the resulting item's value makes little sense to me, and I still can't figure out why they were even implemented.

Any formula which requires items of a total value less than the resulting item's value will effectively inflate the prices of the consumed items as more and more are removed from the system (possibly making non-replenishable items extinct), at the same time the resulting item's price will deflate as more are added to the system. (I assume the deflation part of this was intended, and the rest somehow got left out when they started to implement the alchemy system)
Bump <3 Hi Mateeyyy!!! I miss pirate talking with you before xD
Voted up too razz

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Matthaios
Bump <3 Hi Mateeyyy!!! I miss pirate talking with you before xD

Ahoy there.

Magical Kitten

Sharacia
Hajime Wolf Demon
For example:

It's not just you...

Any formula that requires items of a total value that's higher than the resulting item's value makes little sense to me, and I still can't figure out why they were even implemented.

Any formula which requires items of a total value less than the resulting item's value will effectively inflate the prices of the consumed items as more and more are removed from the system (possibly making non-replenishable items extinct), at the same time the resulting item's price will deflate as more are added to the system. (I assume the deflation part of this was intended, and the rest somehow got left out when they started to implement the alchemy system)

Yeah I was thinking the same, but who knows.
I am glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way.

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
These are on my list of things to complain about:

1. The crafting fail rate when crafting low and very low chance formulas at level. stressed

2. The continued scarcity of inizio formulas. After more than a year of alchemy you'd think there'd be more available, but still the only reliable method to get one is to make and open your own cases. (sort of, if you're extremely lucky or open a s**t-ton of cases) gonk

3. The level 10 alchemist reward being turned into a punishment as a response to user feedback. Originally only the first 10 alchemists to reach level 10 were to be given the Crown of the Thrice Great as a reward. The formula then only required a few components, including mostly aspiring alchemist items. After a lot of users complained they made the formula available to all level 10 alchemists but changed the formula to make it horrendously difficult and expensive instead. After spending months telling everyone they couldn't make other formulas easier because people were already working on them. stressed

Rainbow Unicorn

Hajime Wolf Demon
For example:

True.

And yeah the #3 in OPs post. ugh.

Magical Kitten

Meshes of the Afternoon
Hajime Wolf Demon
For example:

True.

And yeah the #3 in OPs post. ugh.

agreed xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out