Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saint Sweetheart

I was buying Bags of Petals for 130-170k a month ago and now they're up to 1 M. Moonbeams have also ridiculously inflated too, and I'm sure lots of other components as well. What gives?

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Some rich level 10 alchemist(s) bought up all the existing cases and caches, and I think cleaned out the vend of most 'wanted' components. So they pretty basically depleted the supply and leading to scarcity.

So now it's a case of waiting until more components are created from caches, creating them ourselves from game items, or paying more. sweatdrop

Saint Sweetheart

ugh.
User Image

thanks for the answer.
it'd just be funny to see one of those same people complaining about how hard alchemy is while making it infinitely harder for everyone else emotion_awesome

welp, the 4 M I needed to finish my wig now became about 10 M. great. the horrible person in me just wants to cash in on what I collected and give alchemy a giant middle finger.

Magnetic Phantom

It's probably because those components are needed for the backwings quest formulae.

Saint Sweetheart

huh, hadn't seen that thread, thanks.

nice to know the components I need won't be coming down then emotion_facepalm

Dangerous Dabbler

Anjoulie
It's probably because those components are needed for the backwings quest formulae.

And one of the main problems is that they don't yet know what they need to complete the formulas, or even when the formulas stop. So there's no "okay, I only need 20 more moonbeams for all the remaining bottled up moonlights." They've seen repetitions of earlier crafted components, so they have to assume that whatever needed moonbeams or petals may show up again with even more of them required. So I can see the temptation in buying up caches and keeping the components in reserve.

But eventually those who have the formulas will finish (or give up) and others will realize they're not getting their hands on the formulas as soon as they hope, and maybe prices will lower again.

Magnetic Phantom

Cimeara
Anjoulie

And one of the main problems is that they don't yet know what they need to complete the formulas, or even when the formulas stop. So there's no "okay, I only need 20 more moonbeams for all the remaining bottled up moonlights." They've seen repetitions of earlier crafted components, so they have to assume that whatever needed moonbeams or petals may show up again with even more of them required. So I can see the temptation in buying up caches and keeping the components in reserve.

But eventually those who have the formulas will finish (or give up) and others will realize they're not getting their hands on the formulas as soon as they hope, and maybe prices will lower again.

Yeah, I didn't want to make it sound even worse than it already is. ^^

I don't think we'll see a lot of change on that in the near future though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff