Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

The repeated and emphasized excuse of "but it will screw over the ones that have already worked in it!" despite the 'evidence' that says otherwise makes me wonder if there actually are other Gaians involved in Alchemy who have been equally vocal against change in the system. It's just that none of us know of it save for the Staff of Gaia.

Basically, the BS excuse may not be so BS as we think it is.
Constipated Trillionaire

You make it seem so easy... oh wait! THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS!

But no... they have to do some elaborate fix to the caches when some minor drop rate tweaking would really solve so many problems!
Come on Constipated you know this is a very, and I mean very, delicate process. If they aren't careful with the tweaks they make, they may actually fix something.
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire

But no... they have to do some elaborate fix to the caches when some minor drop rate tweaking would really solve so many problems!
Come on Constipated you know this is a very, and I mean very, delicate process. If they aren't careful with the tweaks they make, they may actually fix something.

True enough, gotta be careful when preforming rocket surgery! emotion_awesome
Constipated Trillionaire
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire

No this is even tougher. A person could easily build a rocket, break it, and rush it into emergency surgery faster than this.
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire

No this is even tougher. A person could easily build a rocket, break it, and rush it into emergency surgery faster than this.

Way above my pay grade it sounds like emotion_donotwant
Constipated Trillionaire

Sorry they weren't really designed for hobos like you. emotion_bandaid
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire

Best that I stick to what I do best.. dust farming! emotion_dowant
Constipated Trillionaire
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire

And collecting dem fairy toenail clippings.
Sefyrion
The repeated and emphasized excuse of "but it will screw over the ones that have already worked in it!" despite the 'evidence' that says otherwise makes me wonder if there actually are other Gaians involved in Alchemy who have been equally vocal against change in the system. It's just that none of us know of it save for the Staff of Gaia.

I have spoken with a number of alchemists and not a single person would have a problem with them making changes. In fact, they all want changes. Of course, I haven't talked to all of them, but the ones I talked to (including Krissim, Constipated and Animal) would all be okay with changes being made.

It is the devs who don't want things changed. Gaia itself wants to keep the system as it is, and the wings in it.
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire

And collecting dem fairy toenail clippings.

Up to 75 emotion_dealwithit
Constipated Trillionaire

We need to petition a fairy toenail item. Like Fairy toenail clipping backwings. pirate
Krissim Klaw
Constipated Trillionaire

We need to petition a fairy toenail item. Like Fairy toenail clipping backwings. pirate

Probably need another 425 if they make those wings emo

Dangerous Dabbler

16,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Fansub
Sefyrion

I have spoken with a number of alchemists and not a single person would have a problem with them making changes. In fact, they all want changes. Of course, I haven't talked to all of them, but the ones I talked to (including Krissim, Constipated and Animal) would all be okay with changes being made.

It is the devs who don't want things changed. Gaia itself wants to keep the system as it is, and the wings in it.

I'm not very active in arguing with Gaia, but if you're collecting names of level 10 alchemists who'd be fine with changes, you can add me to the list. The component distribution algorithms are completely, totally, utterly screwed up. I -want- the rest of Gaia to have fun with Alchemy if the idea interests them, but when yet another beginner comes into the forum to ask about "where can I get..." this million+ gold component for a beginning level formula, I want to shout at them to get out while they still can.

Magical Vampire

18,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Cimeara
Fansub
Sefyrion

I'm not very active in arguing with Gaia, but if you're collecting names of level 10 alchemists who'd be fine with changes, you can add me to the list. The component distribution algorithms are completely, totally, utterly screwed up. I -want- the rest of Gaia to have fun with Alchemy if the idea interests them, but when yet another beginner comes into the forum to ask about "where can I get..." this million+ gold component for a beginning level formula, I want to shout at them to get out while they still can.
You know what we should do? We should make a petition showing all of the alchemy users that would be fine with making alchemy easier. Next to their name should be their level too.

Invisible Phantom

Fansub
Sefyrion

I've actually been following the thread in question for some time now and posted my thoughts on it multiple times and in the process, have seen that there are Alchemists out there who would be okay and even wholeheartedly support possible changes.

I just can't help but wonder if there are other Alchemists out there of a similar 'caliber' who are saying otherwise, but just not in front of other Gaians.

Why fall back on the "but it will screw over the ones that have already worked in it!" if there were absolutely no grain of truth to it whatsoever is and could be proven otherwise?

That's like holding on to a massive lie and perpetuating it and with all the evidence that suggests otherwise (Krissim's posts in the thread mentioned, Constipated's posts in the ATA, other Alchemists' thoughts posted in various threads, etc), that's like sticking your head out under a guillotine that's ready to fall at any second.

It's a dangerous position to take in my honest opinion and I can't fathom why Gaia would put themselves there and repeatedly unless there were an actual reason/support for it.

Granted, Gaia could, of course, simply not mind looking stupid in front of its userbase...

Hopefully I made some kind of sense in explaining my thoughts?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games