Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Pumpkin

YEAH well something would been nice to have known earlier is that among venders NOBODY wants stuff crafted from item alchemy things like candy corn horns or louie companions is like.... I can't even trade them for stuff! NOBODY wants them! i can drop the value of my candy corn horns to like 500,000 gold and it will sit and rot for 14 days when should been like sold for 3 million! few weeks ago i went to trade a candy corn horn and eward companion for chicken suit and they refused despite it was like 6 million for like 1.6 mil item proving how unwanted they are! scream User Image

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Mew_the_ZOMG_pokemon
YEAH well something would been nice to have known earlier is that among venders NOBODY wants stuff crafted from item alchemy things like candy corn horns or louie companions is like.... I can't even trade them for stuff! NOBODY wants them! i can drop the value of my candy corn horns to like 500,000 gold and it will sit and rot for 14 days when should been like sold for 3 million! few weeks ago i went to trade a candy corn horn and eward companion for chicken suit and they refused despite it was like 6 million for like 1.6 mil item proving how unwanted they are! scream User Image
actually some items do sell but I notice you made companions which almost never sell . The few people who want the companions just make them.
Mew_the_ZOMG_pokemon
That shows you that you, that somethings are worth more and are worth not as much and candy items it's not as easy to adopt to regular clothing items and some cosplay items as well.

Marytanna's Husband

Perfect Elocutionist

so... apparently nobody wants to buy alchemy crafted items?

Quick answer: YES

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
People can just buy the components and hire an alchemist to have the items crafted for themselves, and I'm guessing that's the case with most items.

Also, I've noticed a general dislike for alchemized items among most people (read: exchangers).

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
The vending/exchanging community is reluctant to touch items that are in small supply with uncertain value. People do want some Alchemy items, but normally they'll organise to get the items crafted for themselves instead of buying them ready-crafted, again owing to the small supply and uncertain value.

I'm not sure if you've been following the fate of the only crafted Glacemella, but it's an amusing story.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
That's because over time the value of these items will decline, and because they're hard to sell (at high prices) to even non-vendors/exchangers they're a pain to deal with.

Unless you know of someone willing to pay millions+ for a 1 pose item (at least, all the candy horns are, a lot of alchemy items are 1 pose for X million) it's not worth the trouble waiting weeks for something to sell, so people avoid these items.

If you're going to try to make a profit from alchemy, find items that look like they would be in high demand and are worth the million gold price tag. MP graphs are the best way to go. Exchangers will just try to rip you off (they are there to make a profit after all, unless they actually want the item), it's better to make profit through the MP if your timing is right. I made 1mil+ more selling through the vend than the highest offer I got through the Exchange on one of those 1 pose alchemy items.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
All the more reason why I pick out items I want and get frustrated that I can't go up in level because there aren't very many things I want.

I am one of those that would rather do it myself instead of being suseptable to others.

Playful Kitten

People who aren't alchemists don't realize how expensive these items are to make, and also think it's just AI of new items (or lack of supply) and they are going to plummet. Erego, the only people who make serious offers on them are people who actually want the items, and know a bit about it.

I also blame Gaia's lack of advertising. I didn't know about a ton of items until I started looking through the alchemy guide, and there's a lot of adorable things that would probably be a lot more popular if people knew about them, and knew that the price is actually worth it given the cost to craft. And especially on level 10 items, the horribly low success rates that can wrack up to 10 mil on their own.

It's really not helping how derpy some sellers can be though. Blue edwardian overall thingy costs like 700k to craft, and it's selling for around ~200k. Chalk it up to impatience I guess? And the fact that alot of items just get crafted for exp, so they aren't considering cost when reselling. This problem exacerbates why exchangers wont touch alchemy items unless it's ridiculously cheap. Making selling threads doesn't help either, because those just attract profiteers, which is a futile buying group as explained above.

Magnetic Phantom

Frozen Mist
People who aren't alchemists don't realize how expensive these items are to make, and also think it's just AI of new items (or lack of supply) and they are going to plummet. Erego, the only people who make serious offers on them are people who actually want the items, and know a bit about it.

I also blame Gaia's lack of advertising. I didn't know about a ton of items until I started looking through the alchemy guide, and there's a lot of adorable things that would probably be a lot more popular if people knew about them, and knew that the price is actually worth it given the cost to craft. And especially on level 10 items, the horribly low success rates that can wrack up to 10 mil on their own.

It's really not helping how derpy some sellers can be though. Blue edwardian overall thingy costs like 700k to craft, and it's selling for around ~200k. Chalk it up to impatience I guess? And the fact that alot of items just get crafted for exp, so they aren't considering cost when reselling. This problem exacerbates why exchangers wont touch alchemy items unless it's ridiculously cheap. Making selling threads doesn't help either, because those just attract profiteers, which is a futile buying group as explained above.

Another problem could be that many alchemy items just aren't worth what it actually costs to craft them, quality-wise.
For example, nothing really makes the blue Edwardian shirt any better than the yellow, green and pink ones that are usually available for less than 1k. And many of the recolors are single pose items, like the gardener's and lunarian wigs. If they'd at least made those full recolors, they might be more interesting for more people.

And finally, Alchemy has been out for about a year now, so most people who were thaaaaaat keen on one of the new items will probably have bought the ingredients and found somebody to craft them by now.

Newbie Pumpkin

Anjoulie
Frozen Mist

Another problem could be that many alchemy items just aren't worth what it actually costs to craft them, quality-wise.
For example, nothing really makes the blue Edwardian shirt any better than the yellow, green and pink ones that are usually available for less than 1k. And many of the recolors are single pose items, like the gardener's and lunarian wigs. If they'd at least made those full recolors, they might be more interesting for more people.

And finally, Alchemy has been out for about a year now, so most people who were thaaaaaat keen on one of the new items will probably have bought the ingredients and found somebody to craft them by now.
this is true.. it's like those companions many of them outside of alchemy are like only 200,000 but alchemy ones people want like 3 million User Image

Magnetic Phantom

Mew_the_ZOMG_pokemon
this is true.. it's like those companions many of them outside of alchemy are like only 200,000 but alchemy ones people want like 3 million

Perhaps because crafting cost them somewhere close to those 3 million.

Precious Sweetheart

17,975 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Firestarter 200
1. Only a few items from alchemy has multiple poses. Most items from alchemy are single pose items and who wants to spend much gold for a single pose.

2. An item worth more than 1 million today, costs less than 100k tomorrow. Due to updates, price of items sinks too fast and it's such a risk to keep the item in your inventory.

3. A lot of people think that alchemized items are overpriced so they try to craft the items themselves.

Vicious Warlord

Mew_the_ZOMG_pokemon

if i ever found an offer like that i'd grab it. currently i'm trying to level up and worried that will there be any help to my quest by selling the items i alchemize

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
He Has Fought Too Many Battles To Count....

For exchangers they want to make a profit, and alchemy items don't sell well to begin with.

Even I won't touch the candy horns, and I buy hard to sell items. They look too much like they should be items you get for free from a Halloween event. I don't know what it takes to craft them, but I'm sure the cost to craft them is too high, just based on what people try to sell them for. :/

....The Souless Angel Fights On, Forever More.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff