Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like to buy pancakes in bulk quantities of 500 pancakes?

Yes 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 40 ]
No 0.05 5.0% [ 3 ]
Syrup! 0.28333333333333 28.3% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
This poll closed on July 12, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21 > >>

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

Hey everyone!

Welcome to Sisky's House of Pancakes!

As promised in yesterday's "Ask the Admin" discussion, I'm opening a shop that sells pancake items in bulk for your Alchemy crafting needs. I realize that having to repeatedly purchase individual pancakes can get frustrating, especially when you need a lot of pancakes. Hopefully this little shop will help to alleviate any "pancake rage" some of you have been feeling!

Now, please read below on how this shop will run as there will be a few rules and guidelines you'll need to know about!

Enjoy! 3nodding
Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

PANCAKE SHOP RULES & GUIDELINES

When will the Pancake Shop be open for business?:
Great question! The pancake shop will be open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (barring holidays) from 9am PT - 10am PT and then from 5pm PT - 6pm PT. During these hours, I'll be handling requests for bulk pancake purchases and filling orders. I'd love to have the store open all the time, but I have lots of other work to do! As novel as it seems, it is just not feasible for me to spend every hour of the day, or every day in the work week, trading pancakes.

What sized pancake bundles will you sell?:
Excellent question! To keep things super simple for all of us, pancake bundles will be sold in the following sizes as they are easy to remember:

* 50 pancake bundle (Cost: 1250 gold)
* 100 pancake bundle (Cost: 2500 gold)
* 150 pancake bundle (Cost: 3750 gold)
* 200 pancake bundle (Cost: 5000 gold)
* 500 pancake bundle (Cost: 12500 gold)

I really want to buy some pancakes in bulk - how do I do this?:
Great question!

Ok, there are going to have to be a few steps to this process due to the fact that I don't want to take the gold on my siskataya account (I don't feel this would be right) but I need to grant the pancakes from my siskataya account or else it will require numerous trades to give you all the pancakes due to the 12 item trade limit. ARGH!!!!

Fear not! I have a plan on how we can do this:

a) Fill out the following order form and post it in this thread:
Quote:

Username:
Number of Pancakes you Want:
Cost of Pancakes:

NOTE: I'll only be accepting requests posted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday when the shop is open. Any other orders will not be processed and you'll have to come back on a day when the shop is open and re-post your request. Shop will also be closed on holidays.

b) Once you have posted your order, start a trade with my mule account Pile of Pancakes and put the gold amount for the pancakes in your half of the trade. During the times the shop is open, I'll check the amount sent with the amount you posted in your order. If this is all good, I'll first grant you the pancakes you ordered and then confirm the trade from my mule account. I won't confirm any trades if you haven't already been granted the items.

For convenience, here is a link to my mule's profile so you know which account it is: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/pile-of-pancakes/6112610/

c) Once the trade is completed by both parties, you'll have your pancakes!

FYI: Please be aware that the pancakes items stack in your inventory under one item icon - you can find them in your housing items section. So if you only see one image of pancakes, don't panic! Look for the small number in the lower right-hand side of the icon image- this will tell you how many of that item you own. So, for example, if you have 6 pancakes items, you should see one pancakes item icon with a small number 6 in the lower right-hand corner of that image.

Is there a limit to how many pancakes I can purchase in one day?:
Yes! There is a 500 pancake limit per day per account. We don't want to accidentally break your inventory by flooding it with tasty, tasty, pancakes! We don't know that this will happen, but better safe than sorry right? Besides, that is a LOT of pancakes and will allow you to craft several alchemy recipes that require pancakes.

How much do the bulk pancakes cost?:
The bulk pancakes will cost as much as the single pancakes item in the store - 25 gold per item. So, for example, if you want to buy 100 pancakes items in bulk, it'll cost you 2500 Gaia gold.

I don't think I got all the pancakes I paid for - help!:
If you feel that you didn't get all the pancakes you paid for, don't panic! Being human, it is possible I made a mistake - just message me and let me know and I'll be happy to double-check the trade and make sure everything is resolved biggrin

Why is this shop in the Alchemy forum, and not in the Exchange, Service Shops, or other shop areas?:
Another great question! Since this issue with pancakes is primarily relevant to the Alchemy community, we're putting this special shop in the Alchemy forum rather than in other shop-based forums to make it easier for them to access it. Hope this makes sense biggrin

What happens to all the gold we used to pay for the pancakes - do you get to keep it?:
Nope, I'm not keeping the gold! It would be really dodgy to charge gold for these items and hang onto it. Dodgy indeed! I'm thinking that each month, we can use it to help other Gaians - maybe donate it to user-run charities, have a give-away for new accounts - something to help out others. This makes the shop a lot more awesome - you not only get your bulk pancakes, but other Gains get rewarded. It's win-win for everyone! If you have any suggestions on how we can use the gold for the good of the community, I'd love to hear them! biggrin

Can I get some pancake-related freebie art?:
Yes! Yes you can! Here you go - enjoy! Please make sure to right click and save the image to your own computer though as linking directly will eat our hosting bandwidth and that will make us sad.

User Image

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

PANCAKE SHOP: IMPORTANT INFO, UPDATES, NOTES, CONTESTS, ETC.

=============================================

08/08/2012: Shop is Temporarily Closed :0

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know that I am going to be temporarily closing the shop to redesign how it runs. Not to worry, it'll be back up and running again soon. The current shop schedule just simply isn't working with my work schedule. It's been beyond busy for me for a couple of weeks, so I have to change the shop a bit. I hope you understand, and appreciate your patience with me so far!

I'm trying my best and one day will come up with a perfect pancake recipe XD

- Sisky

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
I WILL BUY 200

Seriously I hate clicking it repeatedly. crying

Username: Pandilicious
Number of Pancakes you Want: 200
Cost of Pancakes: 5000

Edit: Good thing I keep thinking today is Monday. ._.

Fluffy Lover

Username: Elazar
Cost of Pancakes: 5,000 coins!

Suggestion: delete the gold? Buying pancakes from the gold shop is a gold sink after all pirate

Or run a weekly pancake art contest. Best pile of pancakes with a certain theme drawn each week wins!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
pandilicious
I WILL BUY 200

Heya Pandi!

Since I was up, I've sent the pancakes! Let me know if you got them biggrin

- Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Elazar
Username: Elazar
Cost of Pancakes: 5,000 coins!

Suggestion: delete the gold? Buying pancakes from the gold shop is a gold sink after all pirate

Or run a weekly pancake art contest. Best pile of pancakes with a certain theme drawn each week wins!

Heya Elazar!

I've granted you the pancakes and accepted the trade on my mule account. I put in a pancake item on the mule in the trade just for the sake of adding some more pancakes, but the 200 pancakes you bought should be in your inventory. Let me know if you got them biggrin

And I really like the idea of a pancake related art contest! We'll have to do this biggrin
Sisky

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Username: ze3k
Number of pancakes: 200
Cost of pancakes: 5000

emotion_awesome

And I just realized.. only 600 pancakes per week? crying I've burnt over 2000 in the last week or so. emotion_facepalm I guess it still helps quite a bit though. heart Ty for doing this! emotion_hug

Also, I was thinking about buying 10,000 pancakes to have a buffer... wondering about this "inventory breaking" now.. sweatdrop xd

Edit: Can I use mules for this or no? Your statement on that confused me. xp
Edit edit: Just saw the times.. gonk Should be able to repost this during that time. >.<

Fluffy Lover

siskataya

Heya Elazar!

I've granted you the pancakes and accepted the trade on my mule account. I put in a pancake item on the mule in the trade just for the sake of adding some more pancakes, but the 200 pancakes you bought should be in your inventory. Let me know if you got them biggrin

And I really like the idea of a pancake related art contest! We'll have to do this biggrin
Sisky

Thanks!
I got them smile
Time to gorge myself on these babies.

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
siskataya
pandilicious
I WILL BUY 200

Heya Pandi!

Since I was up, I've sent the pancakes! Let me know if you got them biggrin

- Sisky

Thanks Sisky! Not sure if you saw the trade (because I just noticed I had one from someone else but didn't get a notification gonk ), but it's there, so thanks again! heart

I shall be back on Friday! mrgreen

Destructive Bunny

Thank you so much! heart emotion_hug

Green Smoker

Putting in a bulk order for some hot, buttery, fluffy pancakes to be delivered on Friday. User Image

Username: Morgue
Number of Pancakes you Want: 200 pancake bundle
Cost of Pancakes: 5000 gold

Thank you Sisky! heart

Angelic Nitemare

Username: Ridley Starsmore!
Number of Pancakes you Want: 200!
Cost of Pancakes: 5000 gold.

I know you are closed today, but I can wait!

Stone-cold Rogue

14,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Survivor 150
Username: Shadow and Interceptor

Will be waiting for Friday.

Invisible Gaian

7,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100