Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you agree with my statement after reading my post

Yes 0.19298245614035 19.3% [ 11 ]
No 0.64912280701754 64.9% [ 37 ]
Didn't read - just give me gold 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 57 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5

"Easy" is subjective. To you, a vendor, it may be easy but to a normal user w/time and cash restraints, it may be very hard.

I bought a Risen formula 16 months ago (for 25 million, when they were still rare and ppl were gouging the hell out of each other--even before super-inflation hit) and am still working on it, after untold millions of gold and hundreds of hours have been sunk into it.

On the other hand, the wings I am wearing were given to me by someone who bought them from the cash shop at Christmas for $249. So now I feel conflicted.

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I am currently stuck on level 9, but all of the hardships I've had with Alchemy, even with the research guides have been a financial issue. It's only been in the last couple of weeks that I've gotten money from my boyfriend to invest in cash and even get this far. xd

I used to want to do it all on my own without any guides, but I realized how unnecessary that was.

Money is still the only difficulty factor between me, level 10, and completing the backwings formula. Wait...as I write this, getting components has also been a nightmare, between a lack of availability, and people in the Exchange virtually wanting market prices for them. xd

Witty Wolf

this has helped me a lot more thanks man

Master

I'm only lvl 3, but I'm stuck because I don't want to spend much more money... and I've prob only spent 1 mil ? but I think that's enough for me tbh. Alchemy is for those who are rich I suppose. I do use Lei's guide but like I just said I don't like to use any gold if I can. All I really want to craft is the Faceless Ruler, I'm tempted to just buy all the stuff and give the things for someone to craft but I wouldn't be able to trust anyone like that. I agree with your statement it is easy to get to lvl 10 IF you are rich.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
It's not as easy as that if you don't have a lot of gold. And if everyone is crafting the same things, the prices of the crafted items will go down, so even if you sell them, you won't be able to earn back the gold you spent to make them.
Alchemy is losing profit.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
OP, dude, you do realize that not everyone is BUYING those gold generators, right? Either out of outrage that they exist or simply because they don't have the real money to spend on such items? Just because you were able to throw that sort of cash around doesn't mean others were or would decide to. Your definition of 'easy' requires having real life money to spend. That's a very biased and rigged definition, and kind of insulting to others who simply can't do that.

Anyway, Alchemy wasn't meant to be "easy" just achievable if you put the time in. So... yeah, they've gotten that. But they badly need to come out with new formulas, particularly on levels that lack them so we don't get that bottlenecking problem of running out of things to make. It's not like they lack user suggestions. I've been stuck at level three because I don't want to waste the gold I have. What gold I make from it is from the constant farming of zOMG to get the components for the cache and alchemist case recipes.

And now I have to decide if I want to open the Alchemists cases or sell them, because I want to start on the Risen Quest Inizio at some point. Those formulas are WAY too high for me to ever pay for them.

Would like them to use more zOMG loot as components. In a way, adding in the loot as requirements in formulas brought new life to the game.

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
Ace of Blue Spades
OP, dude, you do realize that not everyone is BUYING those gold generators, right? Either out of outrage that they exist or simply because they don't have the real money to spend on such items? Just because you were able to throw that sort of cash around doesn't mean others were or would decide to. Your definition of 'easy' requires having real life money to spend. That's a very biased and rigged definition, and kind of insulting to others who simply can't do that.

Anyway, Alchemy wasn't meant to be "easy" just achievable if you put the time in. So... yeah, they've gotten that. But they badly need to come out with new formulas, particularly on levels that lack them so we don't get that bottlenecking problem of running out of things to make. It's not like they lack user suggestions. I've been stuck at level three because I don't want to waste the gold I have. What gold I make from it is from the constant farming of zOMG to get the components for the cache and alchemist case recipes.

And now I have to decide if I want to open the Alchemists cases or sell them, because I want to start on the Risen Quest Inizio at some point. Those formulas are WAY too high for me to ever pay for them.

Would like them to use more zOMG loot as components. In a way, adding in the loot as requirements in formulas brought new life to the game.

When he was talking about making gold he did actually specify that he was talking about not spending cash.

Quotable Conversationalist

Sharacia
Can I just say that not everyone is willing to throw out 70-90m gold on leveling up.

Truth.

For some of us, a million gold is still a lot. It drives me crazy to hear people saying things like 'yeah, i got it cheap. only 7mil.' oh my god. Do you know how long it would take me to earn that kind of gold?

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

I may have to try your way but Im not able to spend 70-90m. lol I couldnt afford half of that.

Clever Goat

If you have the gold, then yes, reaching level 10 is very easy.
I however am not willing to sink 100m into just leveling, so I'm trying to craft items I'll need for other alchemic endeavors, which means taking a little bit more time/effort on my part.

I'm also exceptionally lazy with leveling. I've been on Level 4 for the better part of a month simply because I haven't bother to craft anything lately.
The only thing that makes my eye slightly twitch is that darn moonstone formula and I'm sure a few others, taking 50k and it being "very low" to craft... emo It can start to add up after a few tries to some. sweatdrop If you have uber bad luck like I do haha. xd

Sweet Sex Symbol

11,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Friendly 100
So My issue is that I've been playing Gaia for almost 9 years now and I've never once breached the 1 Mil marker. I find it hard enough to make gold and spend it on the alchemy. And why are all the Alchemy components so expensive?! The value of the item you make doesn't even compare to how much you spend to make it. I'm on a formula that requires me to buy four matching pieces that are all 4,000,000 EACH. That is not pocket change to me, or others. And once the Formula is completed it sells for maybe 1/4 of the amount you spent making it. It doesn't make sense and I am doing the research..trying to figure out if there is a way to spend less gold. Any tips or advice on either finding cheaper material or making a butt-ton load of gold easy.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Spokane Native 2609
So My issue is that I've been playing Gaia for almost 9 years now and I've never once breached the 1 Mil marker. I find it hard enough to make gold and spend it on the alchemy. And why are all the Alchemy components so expensive?! The value of the item you make doesn't even compare to how much you spend to make it. I'm on a formula that requires me to buy four matching pieces that are all 4,000,000 EACH. That is not pocket change to me, or others. And once the Formula is completed it sells for maybe 1/4 of the amount you spent making it. It doesn't make sense and I am doing the research..trying to figure out if there is a way to spend less gold. Any tips or advice on either finding cheaper material or making a butt-ton load of gold easy.
[accesses your Achievements list]
Ah, you're still Level 1, huh?
Well, the two cheapest formulas for you to do are going to be:

Aspiring Alchemist, the formula found in the Alchemy Starter Kit. You should already have received one for free from the Alchemy page; you can buy more in the MP for not much gold, relatively.

-and-

Orb Aggregate: this formula is perfect for zOMG! players. The only component is 100 of the game's soulbound XP items, Charge Orbs. Since Orb Aggregates are needed as components to complete other formulas, there's enough of a demand for them that you can actually craft the item, sell it on the MP, and come out ahead - which, as you've noticed, is kinda rare in Alchemy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff