Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

Read this first before proceeding:
This is a compilation of my ideas concocted for the purpose of further developing alchemy. These are all suggestions and they all have flaws, if you see one, provide a constructive criticism about it and a remedy. Read all of them at your spare time because it takes a while to finish the entire thread. I did not bother to be artistic enough to decorate the thread because I am not artsy and also lazy about it. The point of you reading my idea and commenting about how things can be worked out if ever is already enough for me. The ideas below are interrelated to provide some synergistic effect as a whole. Thank you.

So lately I’ve been thinking about how limited alchemy is when could offer so much more to keep an alchemist avid gaian occupied for nearly years on gaia. When reaching level ten, there is a limited option to quit it, make a profit out of selling components or going for the back wings, or the wing mastery as a major quest.

We could really use some nice things especially when inflation stresses us all out. And some ideas mentioned here are to improve the gold sink function of alchemy and make it a worth-while experience for those new and old to the craft.

#1 The Alchemist Journal

This feature is exclusive for those who started alchemy the moment they crafted their first level one item. The Alchemist Journal contains features that could help alchemist tracks their quests. The number of formulas for this kind of level needed to be crafted to proceed to the next level. Like a sticky note functions. It can record Alchemy Points (which will be explained on #2).

#2 The Alchemy Board

Alchemy Points are acquired for every formula crafted ranging from level eight to level ten formulas. Alchemy Points are only gained by a level ten alchemists, because I wanted to shift the focus to having the end level more stuff to do because the task of leveling up is already enough to keep one occupied.

Top ten alchemists will be awarded with an achievement title and points also a package of components (this can be a random number of philosopher caches or something worth of value for a level ten,). Recognition will be on a weekly basis and on a Sunday. Points will reset by the end of the month because the overall top three alchemist of the month with the most number of Alchemy Points will receive a trophy and a separate achievement.

Alchemy Points can be kept tracked on the Alchemy Journal or on the global alchemy board.

#3 The Alchemy Tree

Picture a giant tree. The roots represent any alchemist from level one to ten. The trunk is a route they took. The big branch is the wing mastery branch and its minor branches are what the minor quests are for. But it’s only one big branch when the tree could be filled with much more major and minor branches.

You got a bible reference major quest going but there are other quests that could be suggested. There’s Egyptian, Norse, Greek, Roman, and other European folklore gaia could make a major quest from and each has their mastery achievement award.

#4 The Alchemy Titles

There isn’t much distinction between alchemists. Any alchemist is as good as the other if you removed the wings and level difference. You’re still an alchemist if you completed those back wings. So I proposed for aesthetic reasons to have certain titles.

Let’s start thinking of alchemy as a “near science” body. It’s all about planning your next move. So why not offer diversity between the alchemist activities.

“Merchant Alchemist” title, awarded to the alchemist who has sold a definite number of crafted alchemy components from level one components up to level ten. Sell a hundred of bottled up moonlight, a hundred bottled up sunlight and etc but all are level one, sell two hundred hex leather , two hundred starseed oil for level two and so on and so forth. Where to sell? Marketplace. What if no one buys them because they aren’t much in demand? Gold shop. What a waste. If the achievement was easy to obtain, it has little worth and if it doesn’t get you occupied for a while then it has little worth.

“Statistician Alchemist” title, awarded to any alchemist who has been on the top twenty of the Alchemy board for three times, because the title has something related to numbers I figured putting them on points would be good. To get to top twenty you need some planning and inventory on your formulas and other capacities.

“Alchemist Researcher” title, is a proposed title that requires other titles achieved before acquiring this one such as “Statistician Alchemist” (just an example). It would also require a number of alchemist cases crafted and formulas exclusive from alchemist cases to be crafted to earn this. Once achieved, the alchemist is awarded with another achievement, title and a formula to start a major quest that can only be received once per account (like the angelic rod thing). Yes a major quest equitable to the wing mastery quests.

#5 The Ultimate Title

“Lord of Alchemy” title is awarded to any alchemist who has completed seven out of let us say gaia has gotten creative enough to make ten major quests (take note that the wing mastery is just one major quest). Forever plated in the alchemy hall of fame on a separate spot of the alchemy board page.

#6 The Mentor-Apprentice System

Well from the words used I think you already have a clue on how this works. Mentor is any alchemist that is level ten and has accepted an apprentice alchemist to help them get to level ten. The Mentor registers on some page (alchemy board perhaps) and puts on their name for advertising that they are accepting apprentices. A apprentices will apply to that mentor with an application letter waiting to be accepted. The mentor has the privilege to remove the apprentice at their own discretion.

The mentor will receive experience points called “Mentor Experience” (I’m so creative with names omg) for every formula crafted by their apprentice and depending on how much is the success rate of that formula crafted. Mentor Exp have their own category of points that could be competed on the alchemy board if that board even does make it past the imagination stage.
“Alchemist Instructor” title is given to any mentor who has accumulated a lot of mentor experience for the said achievement quota and is awarded with something valuable like a major quest formula.

At this point you have noticed the prize of major quests for achievement. The idea is that these titles are very difficult to achieve from the start and require a lot of time. I’m trying to make them worth doing other than for bragging rights.

#7 The Alchemy Co-op System

Just another idea I thought about to encourage more gaians interested in alchemy to have more experience with the sense of gaian alchemy community. There are formulas that it takes more than one alchemist to craft and requires other alchemist to pool their expertise into if you want to make a fictional story about it. These formulas are usually major quest and minor quest material.
A minimum of three alchemist will each craft the formula and the product will be having a name that ends with “…1/3, 2/3, 3/3”. Teamwork spirit ftw!

Or one major quest formula has been obtain and can only be open once by one person. The person who opened it has a part of the soul bounded formula until a required number of persons has the soul bounded parts of the formula. Please take note that this is just from one major quest and the owner of that major quest will be the only one to receive end item products but the others who contributed will just have the achievements.

The objective is to encourage a trusting relationship between alchemist and start coming out of their lurker shell.

#8 The Existence of Formula X

Formula X is a formula with the recipe of random components needed to make it. What is the end product of formula X? a random item. It’s sort of an item and formula already predetermined by the system on how they look but are hidden from the public until crafted. Every time one buys the formula X from the Bi-frost, it generates a random code of the number and type of components needed to make it. To be fair, the quality of the end product should correspond to the quality of components needed to make it. The formula X is like a surprised you crafted something valuable!...NOT! oh wait? Yep, you definitely crafted something valuable.. or is it?
Like a shot in the dark type of formula where no fix end product can be seen until crafted and can only be bought one at a time at Bi-Frost. Soul bounded because the codes for those components generated only revolve about the alchemist who bought it and only one formula X can be on your inventory at a time.

If you don’t like it then you got the option to sell it to a gold shop only and try your luck at other formula X’s who have somehow a hint that they produce good quality.

Title that can be obtained for Formula X’s are “Alchemist Inventor” which requires someone crafting two hundred fifty of them. (again just a suggestion, I’m trying to make it difficult but not impossible to achieve.)

Lastly, I’m a very poor and pathetic alchemist who has little or no gold struggling to level up. Have pity on me and tip my post. I’m begging you because I’m so poor in gold and the prices got inflated. I have a lot of wants. I’ll take your pity and all of it. ALL OF IT! Pity me pwease pwease kind sirs and ma’am. I’ll apply for apprenticeship if this pushes through and would even lick your boots if I have to. Am so pathetic so just give me gold and I will love you forever :>

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Much of this sounds interesting. I would have to reread when I am fully awake and can focus on this wall of text. Some of this, from what I can see now, might be doable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff