11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed
Hybin
I just made it to level 5 today as well whee
Yay, congrats to you!

So, can you tell me what's all involved in crafting Lobo the Gray Wolf or Nochi the Black Wolf?
And how did you get to level ten? Anyway? I haven't done any alchemy yet. I'm starting in on my first... but I need ten fails. And aside from buying them in the marketplace, I don't know how to get them. Where/how? Etc. I cannot afford to buy all ten.. heck, I cannot afford even to buy one. So I need to find another means to acquire them. Any suggestions?

How do you gain levels in Alchemy? Anyway? How do I proceed to rank up quickly? Any and all suggestions/tips/help or donations/gifts would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Bonzly's Significant Otter

Inquisitive Traveler

Starwolf
So, can you tell me what's all involved in crafting Lobo the Gray Wolf or Nochi the Black Wolf?

And how did you get to level ten? Anyway? I haven't done any alchemy yet. I'm starting in on my first... but I need ten fails. And aside from buying them in the marketplace, I don't know how to get them. Where/how? Etc. I cannot afford to buy all ten.. heck, I cannot afford even to buy one. So I need to find another means to acquire them. Any suggestions?

How do you gain levels in Alchemy? Anyway? How do I proceed to rank up quickly? Any and all suggestions/tips/help or donations/gifts would be most appreciated. Thanks.

You've asked a lot of really good, important questions and I may not be the best person to answer them, there are plenty of alchemists with more experience. However, I will do what I can to point you in the right direction.

There is no cheap & quick way. There is quick and hellishly expensive, or slow and not very cheap. This is a guide to which items are in which caches, and at the bottom of the 2nd post is an alphabetical list of all components and which cache to find them in - so 2 ways of finding what you are seeking.

Here is an excellent guide to formulas. I've relied on both heavily throughout my alchemy experience.

Fail can be found in the Aquamarine Cache which you can find in marketplace or in the exchange.

To complete each level in alchemy, you will need to complete a certain amount of formulae - and some of the ones you might have done before arent necessarily the best ones to do now becuse the market is changing with supply/demand. And honestly prices are rising for the most part.

Alchemy is not cheap, and often it is not 'worth' it, depending on how you value worth. I did it because it was fun, and there were items at lvl 10 that I wanted to make. However, I have beggared myself, spent tens of millions of gold, yes you read that right. I never had that much on hand at any one point, but looking back at what I went thru to craft each item - that's a HECK of a lot of gold. Many components for the bigger stuff need to be crafted themselves and it can cost millions of dollars to craft 1 component.

Don't get into Alchemy just for fun. Yeah, it is fun - and addictive as heck..but to get anywhere from a regular Gaian's point of view - and not one of those who started out a mega-millionaire, you will sell your soul and your grandmothers soul and your best friends brand new puppy dog. I'm serious. It's comparable to being addicted in the real world.

Most people make their own Philospher's caches - the one you create is like a mini RIG - you open it to find one of 10 possible caches within.

In the Main Alchemy Forum there are threads with all kinds of information, of which you would do well to avail yourself.

And in answer to your very first question, if you want something crafted by anyone, the items you need to provide are: The formula (some are available in the Bifrost, others are only available from Alchemist cases which are also RIGs and its more likely that you would find the formula on mp or in exchange), ALL the components required to craft the formula, and at least 1x of the cost to craft the formula, and many items take more than 1 try.

Lobo Formula is available in Bifrost for 1k. It requires the following items, and costs 850k per crafting attempt. If the crafting attempt fails, you still have the items but are out the gold. Count on at least 3 crafting attempts, but I've crafted an item that took 13 tries...so its kind of random.

Qty. Item
5 Freki the Red Wolf
20 Outlaw Wolf Pup
3 Sno the Moga
1 Child of Gevaudan
5 Twin Wolves
20 Wolf Ears
20 Blue Wulf Boots
20 Blue Wulf Gloves
20 Blue Wulf Headpiece
20 Blue Wulf Tail
20 Blue Wulf Muzzle
2 Bitter Porridge
1 Toscano Jacket by Dernier*Cri
3 Thief of Dreams
5 Ultimate Rival
3 Warmth of Apollo
15 Aquarium Background (Radiant Sun)
7 Vibrant Sunshine
5 Roseus Diamond Dog
10 Kinzie the Scottie Plushie
5 Midsummer Swirl
2 Sunstone
8 Lava Jelly
1 Bad Moon

Nochi formula is also available in the Bifrost for 4,250g. it requires the following items and 900k per crafting attempt. Note that the first item required is a Lobo.

Qty. Item
1 Lobo the Gray Wolf
5 Freki the Red Wolf
20 Outlaw Wolf Pup
3 Sno the Moga
1 Child of Gevaudan
5 Twin Wolves
20 Wolf Ears
20 Black Wulf Boots
20 Black Wulf Gloves
20 Black Wulf Headpiece
20 Black Wulf Tail
20 Black Wulf Muzzle
10 Snow Apple
5 Aquarium Snow Terrain
5 Jack Frost
1 Valhalla's Obsidian Armor
3 SDPlus #309 Chiaroscuro
1 Infinite World
5 Amethyst Diamond Dog
10 Angus the Scottie Plushie
5 Black Lace
100 Blue Pearl
4 Majoko Mariko
5 Stray Dogs
5 Moonstone
10 Snow Jelly
1 Compass of Seidh

Ok, thats all the time I'm willing to put into this. Any other questions need to be directed within the Gaia Alchemy Forum.

Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed's Significant Otter

Beloved Businessman

22,225 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed

CONGRATS! -hug-

Inquisitive Traveler

FakeBonanza
CONGRATS! -hug-
Thank you!! Yeah, still feeling good about it biggrin

Beloved Businessman

22,225 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed
FakeBonanza
CONGRATS! -hug-
Thank you!! Yeah, still feeling good about it biggrin

Now, I have a lifeline. wink

Inquisitive Traveler

FakeBonanza
Aw, lol. heart

Beloved Businessman

22,225 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed
FakeBonanza
Aw, lol. heart

I went on an extended town run. From 8p to 8am, I found 120 blue carnations. cool

Inquisitive Traveler

FakeBonanza
I went on an extended town run. From 8p to 8am, I found 120 blue carnations. cool
eek Great catch! Any old crumps?

Beloved Businessman

22,225 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed
FakeBonanza

54. I have 'em listed in the MP.

Inquisitive Traveler

FakeBonanza
Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed
FakeBonanza

54. I have 'em listed in the MP.
That was not me who asked, that was the old me, who hoarded everything cache related.... xp

Beloved Businessman

22,225 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Somewhat_Slightly_Dazed
That was not me who asked, that was the old me, who hoarded everything cache related.... xp

:3 ok.
Well, both the carnies and the papers sold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff